Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    I'm sure there's no way Steve could sympathize with the Emma jailbreak situation considering he has never once ever physically fought or condoned physically fighting with law enforcement officers when they were working for a government whose practices he found morally repugnant.
    I'm fairly certain Scott seriously injuring if not flat out killing the people guarding Emma is illegal regardless of whether Steve sympathizes with him or not.

He's probably sympathize them more if they were acting in a morally repugnant manner (not that it would necessarily matter) ... but I'm not certain you could say that about the guys who were guarding Emma when Scott and Mags attacked them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Not buying that. Anything dealing with the Avengers is dealt with in house, most of the time. Pym double crossing the Avengers, and Tony being drunk, was not referred immediately to the Justice System, and neither should possession by the Phoenix, just as the Wanda Possession wasn't.

AVX was an Avengers assignment and all the circumstances that led to the P5 was the fault of the Avengers, so all the fallout from that should have been dealt with in house. The Justice department doesn't just step in when Pym rips into the Avengers. And they shouldn't here with AVX.
    Whether you buy it or not Consequences flat out states and shows that Scott was not dealt with in house. You thinking otherwise frankly doesn't change the events of the actual story.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-11-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Whether you buy it or not Consequences flat out states and shows that Scott was not dealt with in house. You thinking otherwise frankly doesn't change the events of the actual story.
    Yeah I know it shows it in Consequences, I just think Cap should have been more forceful about dealing with it like he does with Avengers. The whole thing smells of elitism. Cap acting all powerless because of the authorities in Consequences was so OOC, when he had Obama over a barrel when Cap took over in Heroic Age.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Had me at 6 part Cyclops and Cap story but the fact that he dropped Shane Black and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang by name, that has me really excited. Shane Black is the crowned king of the buddy-cop script. Lethal Weapon, Monster Squad, KKBB, Last Boy Scout, Last Action Hero, Long Kiss Goodnight, a Cap/Cyclops story in the same tone of those films is going to be incredible.

This is the point I'm most disappointed with about Cap. Steve Rogers goes to all this song and dance about doing more for the mutants, but he can't enforce that mutants not be forcibly detained?

It tells me that Caps philosophy is that any super human has to be treated like a normal human before the law. Except if your Caps friend, then She-Hulk ripping apart Vision is allowed because that was a rage set off by Wanda. Cap is in the position to insist the place of mutants are just as welcomed as any of his Avengers, and must be dully protected in the same manner. Cap doesn't see mutants as friends.
    Yes he doesn't see them as friends. That why we see him hang out with any mutants and go bar crawling with mutants. Because they're not his friends.

Here hoping sarcasm does not fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    If you read the X-books she illed millions since it went across the omniverse, even in CC ( a pitiful attempt to justify Wanda) it is said that she killed hundreds
    Ooo, stuff happened in What If worlds. Except that's not even true, because in each of those What If worlds, there's a version where it didn't happen. How do I know this? Because we've seen mutants in What If worlds.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Ooo, stuff happened in What If worlds. Except that's not even true, because in each of those What If worlds, there's a version where it didn't happen. How do I know this? Because we've seen mutants in What If worlds.
    True, we are seeing mutants in alternate realities, like the Ultimate Universe for example. I'm not sure the x-writers really put a whole lot of thought into that whole story thread.

Yeah I know it shows it in Consequences, I just think Cap should have been more forceful about dealing with it like he does with Avengers. The whole thing smells of elitism. Cap acting all powerless because of the authorities in Consequences was so OOC, when he had Obama over a barrel when Cap took over in Heroic Age.
    That's likely more an issue with government than with Steve. Just because Steve wants something doesn't necessarily mean he's going to get it. Civil War was proof of that. I think he's got a descent amount of pull, but that doesn't mean the government in theory can't agree or disagree with anything he says.

Also it's around this time that Steve apparently stepped down from his "top cop" position.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Yes he doesn't see them as friends. That why we see him hang out with any mutants and go bar crawling with mutants. Because they're not his friends.

Here hoping sarcasm does not fail me.
    I see the sarcasm because you you told me too. The sarcasm falls flat, because though Cap can hang with Logan and Storm, he doesn't respect their species, because Steve doesn't accord them the same flexibility as he does his other Avengers. If he did respect mutants he would have given Scott a free ride, and made sure that mutant kid Scott was in prison with, was also released, but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's likely more an issue with government than with Steve. Just because Steve wants something doesn't necessarily mean he's going to get it. Civil War was proof of that. I think he's got a descent amount of pull, but that doesn't mean the government in theory can't agree or disagree with anything he says.

Also it's around this time that Steve apparently stepped down from his "top cop" position.
    So Steve Rogers is just a pawn now? Nice work Rogers. That means Civil War can happen again, and lo betide any Avenger that breaks the law anymore because Steve Rogers won't stand up for you anymore, because the laws the law.

regarding steve: i think the problem is a ton of writers who want to write him and know SFA about his character, thus he ends up being a giant, conflicting hypocrite in a lot of books

regarding wanda: wow, some of you people will never be happen unless she's dead and the earth salted over her grave, will you? bet there's a bunch of characters who've done really shitty things and gotten away with it that you love, but wow, wanda no, get a fkn cross and nail her up there, amirite?