Thread: Black Bat #5

Comics buff TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar

Default Black Bat #5

Any thoughts on this issue? Another stellar showing for Bucellato in my opinion and The Black Bat continues to be one of the best comics month in and month out, hopefully this series lasts and doesn't get cancelled due to orders dropping a bit. All in all it's a wonderful story and some amazing cliffhangers on top of it all, I don't see how someone could dislike this book.
    Reading Dynamite pulp titles and Dark Horse superhero books.

I thought it was great -- was my read of the week. The story has definitely been pretty compelling (no surprise there give that it's Buccellato on the writing), but the art has been impressive as well. Cliquet has really improved since his work on Green Hornet -- it's like he's channeling this interesting mix of Graham Nolan and Scott McDaniel (and by this I mean, mixing some of McDaniel's more interesting perspectival shots with Nolan's more straightforward figure work).

I've been really surprised by how good this book is. I think it may actually be the best thing Dynamite's putting out right now.

Comics buff TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar

I was surprised at how good the book is too, especially the art since I felt Ronan wasn't all that good when he had his stint with Green Hornet Legacy a while back. But man, the story in this book is simply amazing and I can't wait to see what happens in issue #6 after such a stellar read with issue #5, sadly the next issue could be the last though......
    Reading Dynamite pulp titles and Dark Horse superhero books.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    I was surprised at how good the book is too, especially the art since I felt Ronan wasn't all that good when he had his stint with Green Hornet Legacy a while back. But man, the story in this book is simply amazing and I can't wait to see what happens in issue #6 after such a stellar read with issue #5, sadly the next issue could be the last though......
    It's not the last issue. :) Ronan is drawing #7 right now and i am finishing writing #8.

And thanks for supporting THE HELL out of this book. I'm really proud of it and wish more people read it.