Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Sep 6, 2013

This week, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso unpacks the opening installments of the new "Battle of the Atom" event describing how it impacts the worlds of Bendis, Aaron and Woods and who the real Jean Grey is.

Full article here.

Man, Bachalo's art looks so much better when he's not doing his own colours.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    the first 2 pages looks good, but the magneto page is very bare and blank, add some silvery reflection to magento's helmet for gods sake!

BANNED

NOT ENOUGH ART

Lol Alonso. Acting as if this so-called "event" is bigger than it actually is.

Youth will dominate.

Definitely.

He who breeds Pestilence TheSpawnOfDeth's Avatar

x1000. It looks so much better it's like a different artist. I can actually decipher thing now.
    Waiting for book:Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Quicksilver[x]Ghost Rider[x], Bucky Barnes[x], Gambit[x]

Favorite Marvel book: Uncanny Avengers/Favorite DC book: Animal-Man

I hate first-world feminist.

Pretty major spoilers in there for someone who hasn't read this week's Battle of the Atom stuff yet.

I am always a fan of his art, honestly, but the colors here definitely pop.

As for the Spider-man question... it's weird to me to do an electro appearance to build off the movie interest, when your spider-man is not even peter parker. It seems like that disconnect would be a lot more concerning to the potential new reader than who the villain that gets beat up happens to be.

I love the symbolism of Cyclops having killed his Father figure now having daddy issues with Magneto.

It would be a trip if Cyclops was the X-traitor all along.

His Summer's brood have done more damage than a planet full of Sentinels.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Got my question answered. Too bad that the only place I'll be able to get the reprint of the Silver Surfer is in the Infinity TPB. I am getting the individual issues, not the trade. I feel like I am getting ripped off, because I don't want to read comics digitally.

I do like hearing that the ongoing digital series (are there any?) will be reprinted in trades eventually though. I hope in TPB as well as hard cover, I prefer the format and the price.

I look forward to seeing Electro Jr being introduced to better align the comics with the movie universe. He and Nick Jr can form a team called Progressive Combatants or PC for short...

Quote Originally Posted by bskell View Post
    I look forward to seeing Electro Jr being introduced to better align the comics with the movie universe. He and Nick Jr can form a team called Progressive Combatants or PC for short...
    Lame. But thanks for coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by bskell View Post
    Shush! Don't give the idiots running marvel any ideas! Sam Jackson running around in the MU and Nick Fury being kicked to the curb like an old dog are bad enough.

New Member Agent Venom \Winter Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Got my question answered. Too bad that the only place I'll be able to get the reprint of the Silver Surfer is in the Infinity TPB. I am getting the individual issues, not the trade. I feel like I am getting ripped off, because I don't want to read comics digitally.

I do like hearing that the ongoing digital series (are there any?) will be reprinted in trades eventually though. I hope in TPB as well as hard cover, I prefer the format and the price.
    yep... I believe alonso's referring to Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted by Jason Aaron and Jason Latour which is being collected in hardcover and presumably soft cover later