Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Infinity Reading Order

I can't find the order online. Can anyone help me out with this?

I just noticed this in Infinity #2 I think.

http://www.comicsthegathering.com/fo...infinity-event

But what about tie ins like Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy, and other titles list on the Infinity wikipedia page.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinit..._book)#Tie-Ins

This is just my own personal reading order for everything released thus far (that I've read at least):

Thanos Rising #1-5
    Avengers #1-3
    New Avengers #1-3
    Avengers #4
    New Avengers #4
    Avengers #5
    New Avengers #5-6
    Avengers #6-9
    Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1-3 (tentative)
    Avengers #10-13
    New Avengers #7
    Guardians of the Galaxy #4-5 (tentative)
    Avengers #14-17
    Avengers: The Enemy Within #1
    Avengers Assemble #16
    Captain Marvel #13
    Avengers Assemble #17
    Captain Marvel #14
    Infinity #1
    Avengers #18
    Avengers Assemble #18
    Captain Marvel #15
    Thunderbolts #14 (tentative)
    New Avengers #8-9
    Infinity #2

Obviously, there's a lot of stuff that isn't actually directly related to Infinity, but helps with the understanding of the current status quo of the characters/teams.

My reading order updated with the new releases today:

Thanos Rising #1-5
    Avengers #1-3
    New Avengers #1-3
    Avengers #4
    New Avengers #4
    Avengers #5
    New Avengers #5-6
    Avengers #6-9
    Avengers #10-13
    New Avengers #7
    Avengers #14-17
    Avengers Assemble #16
    Captain Marvel #13
    Avengers Assemble #17
    Captain Marvel #14
    Infinity #1
    Avengers #18
    Avengers Assemble #18
    Captain Marvel #15 (tentative)
    Thunderbolts #14 (tentative)
    Infinity: The Hunt #1 (tentative)
    New Avengers #8
    Mighty Avengers #1 (tentative)
    New Avengers #9
    Infinity #2
    Avengers #19 (tentative)

In regards to Avengers #19, the Ring world attacked is not described as the planet as Infinity #2, (and the circumstances seem to be different) so I'm presuming it's a second ambush by the builders.

Quick question. Are all of the issues listed "Marvel NOW" titles? I'm really interested in reading the Infinity storyline and I just wanted to be clear so I could compile my reading list. Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by dbarry1917 View Post
    Quick question. Are all of the issues listed "Marvel NOW" titles? I'm really interested in reading the Infinity storyline and I just wanted to be clear so I could compile my reading list. Thanks in advance...
    Captain Marvel is the only title I can think of that has a tie-in that wasn't branded under Marvel NOW. But that series was so new, it might as well have been a Marvel now title (it and Hawkeye), imo.

This is my updated reading list based on today's new releases (Thunderbolts #15, Captain Marvel #16, New Avengers #10, and Infinity #3):

Thanos Rising #1-5
    Avengers #1-3
    New Avengers #1-3
    Avengers #4
    New Avengers #4
    Avengers #5
    New Avengers #5-6
    Avengers #6-9
    Avengers #10-13
    New Avengers #7
    Avengers #14-17
    Avengers Assemble #16
    Captain Marvel #13
    Avengers Assemble #17
    Captain Marvel #14
    Infinity #1
    Avengers #18
    Avengers Assemble #18
    Captain Marvel #15
    Thunderbolts #14
    Infinity: The Hunt #1
    New Avengers #8
    Thunderbolts #15
    Mighty Avengers #1
    New Avengers #9
    Infinity #2
    Avengers #19
    New Avengers #10
    Captain Marvel #16
    Infinity #3

Is your reading list by publishing date? I just picked up Captain Marvel 15-16 and it seems like 15 should come after Infinity 2 since It depicts things that happen during the battle and 16 should be after Infinity 3 since the last page says it continues in Infinity 4.

I don't see how you get that Captain Marvel 15 happens after Infinity 2. It takes place parallel to Infinity 1 and Avengers Assemble 18 and just the last couple of pages seg into the very beginning of Avengers 19...like the first page of it in a flashback. 16 happens parallel to Infinity 3.

Also, Rsreed, you should put Infinity: Against the Tide in there somewhere between Avengers 15 (after the beacon was sent) and Infinity 1 (before the Skrull bust).

Default Infinity Question

Hey all -

Hope everyone is doing great. I was wondering if there is a complete reading order for Infinity, including the tie-ins. I have seen Hickmans chart that he posted on twitter, but that only includes his stuff. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to get the complete reading order?

Thanks you in advance,
    Hwilensky

Quote Originally Posted by Hwilensky View Post
    Hey all -

Hope everyone is doing great. I was wondering if there is a complete reading order for Infinity, including the tie-ins. I have seen Hickmans chart that he posted on twitter, but that only includes his stuff. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to get the complete reading order?

Thanks you in advance,
    Hwilensky
    rsreed13's list seems pretty accurate so far. So just hope he keeps it up, lol. A big thanks to him, though! Maybe more people will make a list toward the end of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
    I don't see how you get that Captain Marvel 15 happens after Infinity 2. It takes place parallel to Infinity 1 and Avengers Assemble 18 and just the last couple of pages seg into the very beginning of Avengers 19...like the first page of it in a flashback. 16 happens parallel to Infinity 3.

Also, Rsreed, you should put Infinity: Against the Tide in there somewhere between Avengers 15 (after the beacon was sent) and Infinity 1 (before the Skrull bust).
    I didn't realize they were released separately from the Infinity comic. My digital copies were both just at the end of the regular Infinity issue, so I've just let them be part of the Infinity issue. I'll add them in with the new releases on Wednesday.

The new Avengers Assemble issue will be interesting, as I'm almost certain that it runs parallel to Captain Marvel #16 and Infinity #3. That Starbrand image is really nice, so for me, getting the order right is getting those big moments in a way that's most effective to read. So with things like Infinity: The Hunt #1 and New Avengers #8, the order becomes about the destruction of Atlantis and what order works best in the dramatic sense. To me, it works more effectively to read Infinity: The Hunt #1 first, because you don't know who's attacking Atlantis or why, though Wakanda is certainly the thought based on New Avengers #7. New Avengers #8 clearly shows this, and thus packs the harder punch and should come second. At least IMO. Ideally, you would juxtapose the images from the last pages of Infinity: The Hunt and New Avengers #8 to get both at the same time, but I don't know that I have the energy to do that.

This is the reading order that I have thus far:

Thanos Rising #1-5
    Avengers #1-3
    New Avengers #1-3
    Avengers #4
    New Avengers #4
    Avengers #5
    New Avengers #5-6
    Avengers #6-9
    Avengers #10-13
    New Avengers #7
    Guardians of the Galaxy #4-6 (tentative)
    Avengers #14-17
    Avengers Assemble #16
    Captain Marvel #13
    Avengers Assemble #17
    Captain Marvel #14
    Infinity #1
    Infinity: Against the Tide #1-2
    Infinity: Heist #1
    Nova #8
    Avengers #18
    Avengers Assemble #18
    Captain Marvel #15
    Thunderbolts #14
    New Avengers #8
    Thunderbolts #15
    Mighty Avengers #1
    Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #3
    New Avengers #9
    Infinity #2
    Avengers #19
    New Avengers #10
    Captain Marvel #16
    Infinity #3
    Avengers Assemble #19
    Avengers #20

I think Avengers Assemble #19 should be read after Infinity #3, as it kind of glosses over the Starbrand in Captain Marvel #16 and Infinity #3, in favor of a more personal story. I think Infinity: Against the Tide can either be read immediately after Infinity #1 in its entirety, or can simply be read as two separate pieces after the Infinity issues they were released with, since it's by and large a flashback.

I am loving Infinty it is Epic.Im wondering if I should get Thunderbolts,Mighty Avengers,Infinity the hunt and the Hest

Thanks again, rsreed13. Glad to finally see Nova get into this.

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    Infinity #1
    Infinity: Against the Tide #1-2
    Infinity: Heist #1
    Nova #8
    Avengers #18
    Avengers Assemble #18
    Captain Marvel #15
    Thunderbolts #14
    New Avengers #8
    Thunderbolts #15
    Mighty Avengers #1
    Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #3
    New Avengers #9
    Infinity #2
    Avengers #19
    New Avengers #10
    Captain Marvel #16
    Infinity #3
    Avengers Assemble #19
    Avengers #20

I think Avengers Assemble #19 should be read after Infinity #3, as it kind of glosses over the Starbrand in Captain Marvel #16 and Infinity #3, in favor of a more personal story. I think Infinity: Against the Tide can either be read immediately after Infinity #1 in its entirety, or can simply be read as two separate pieces after the Infinity issues they were released with, since it's by and large a flashback.
    That's mostly similar to what I have. I've got a few differences in the issues set during the initial invasion (Thunderbolts, MA, Hunt, Heist), but they all seem to take place around the same time, so it doesn't really matter; I also put them all (so far) before Avengers #18, so they effectively happen before the rest of the big stuff. Though I think keeping Thunderbolts 14 and 15 together makes more sense for reading, even if it's not strictly adherent to the timeline.

The biggest trouble for me was Captain Marvel 16, and I originally put it where you have it, though I think it actually works better after Infinity #3. First and foremost, because I think the Starbrand scene is much cooler in Infinity than in CM, so it's best to read it first there. CM 16, AA 19, and Avengers 20 all show different sides of the same escape scene, so having them back to back to back adds bits and pieces one at a time. CM comes first, because I like seeing the escape from Carol's group's POV before Jessica's, and Avengers comes last, because it only briefly focuses on the escape and then moves on.

So my reading order (so far) ends up looking like this:

New Avengers #8

Infinity #1
    Mighty Avengers #1
    SSM Team Up #3
    Thunderbolts #14
    Thunderbolts #15
    Nova #8
    New Avengers #9
    Avengers #18
    Captain Marvel #15
    Avengers Assemble #18

Infinity #2
    New Avengers #10
    Avengers #19

Infinity #3
    Captain Marvel #16
    Avengers Assemble #19
    Avengers #20
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others