Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Humphries Unleashes a Robot Revolution in "Avengers A.I."

Writer Sam Humphries joins CBR to discuss the first storyline of "Avengers A.I.," which pits Hank Pym's team of automaton Avengers against the mechanical army of robot revolutionary Dimitrios. Plus, exclusive art.

Full article here.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Really enjoying the book so far. I would like a different artist, but I think the art has been good. Loved the interview. I like the plans Humphries has for the book. My only gripe about the book is that even though it's only 2 issues in. They haven't had enough Hank Pym for me. He is the main reason I buy the book. Looking forward to seeing Alexis more and learning about her.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 09-03-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Having read #3 already because my time zone is ahead of yours, I hope you'll enjoy his portrayal there. But Vision takes more panel time, as the cover hints.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    But Vision takes more panel time, as the cover hints.
    As he should! There is no such thing as 'enough' Vision panel time. Hahaha. :D

I can't wait to read this tomorrow. I've been all focused on 'Forever Evil' and was full stoked to see this book pop up on the 'shipping this week' list. It makes up for a decidedly sparse Marvel pull list this week! :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    As he should! There is no such thing as 'enough' Vision panel time. Hahaha.
    I think Vision is an amazing character as well, but I'm just a HUGE Pym fan. He's the Scientist Supreme. He should have a higher profile in the MU.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Having read #3 already because my time zone is ahead of yours, I hope you'll enjoy his portrayal there. But Vision takes more panel time, as the cover hints.
    I've enjoyed the parts that he's been written in so far. So I'm looking forward to issue 3.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

The book is still holding me on, but the art does NOT fit this book at ALL, it's far too cartoonish. It needs an artist who can really go detailed techno-freaky:

Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    The book is still holding me on, but the art does NOT fit this book at ALL, it's far too cartoonish. It needs an artist who can really go detailed techno-freaky:

This is, by far, the coolest thing I've seen on these boards all year. Thanks weirdly named batgirl fan.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

I love Doombot but I would of much rather had Jocasta and Machine Man on this team.

An interesting interview, with good ideas for the future. And, as many do, I really enjoy The Vision : it's a great and wonderful comics character !
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

is Machine Man a member of the team?

I wonder if they'll get around to bringing Danger into the series.

It's starting to sound like Magneto and Charles Xavier but with AI. Demitrios takes the Magneto role of being the defender and enforcer of AI rights, and takes it to extremes. Alexis looks like she could be taking the Xavier role, where she will be the reconciling, teacher figure, who wants to be more accommodating about the human/AI encounter. You will get a revolutionary emerging in a situation where a new race enters an established technology based race. The AI are derived from the incumbent scientific race, and are presumed to be grateful for their creation. Fear created from the initial encounter runs strong in the human community, because they don't understand what the intentions are of the new race, so attacks the new race out of instinct for survival.

It is a welcome refreshing look at this dynamic of a new races struggles to gain acceptance in the incumbents comfort zone, because the incumbent has to share what they thought was inviolable before. Ultron was the first of this race to try and lay claim to a state of his own in the world. He wanted to do it far too radically. Demitrios is going to also try to form his own state, and it remains to be seen how his approach gets a response.

Hank Pym is quite comfortable with the emergence of this new species, and shows no disquiet in this new races appearance. SHIELD are put out because AI have begun to use hardware illegally to do harm, and their reaction has been to approach the AI as an enemy. I think there has to be this period of growth and pain before a settlement can be made about whether the AI have a right to exist, and in what form.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.