Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302
Results 4,516 to 4,528 of 4528

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    You're forgetting Lynch, whom I would argue was the heart of the Seahawks offense.

I will give Wilson credit: he's a lot more intelligent than your average young quarterback. And he does have the ability to survive against a fast defense similar to Seattle's. Perhaps he is the new prototype QB. In one sense, that's high praise. In another, it might also mean that the QB may stop being as dominant (cause last night it was the Seattle defense that registered as "dominant," ultimately). We'll just have to wait and see on that and Wilson's career.
    In yesterday's game, Lynch was something like 11 carries for 17 yards until the game was 29-0. He was even less of a presence than Wilson.

I disagree with SuperE that RW is going to get a new contract this year, but I think that he deserves one.

Re: Lynch, what I meant was that Lynch was the heart of the Seahawks offense for this season, especially when Wilson started disappearing later in the season.

That is what I thought too, but there are rules.

Quote Originally Posted by svp View Post
    Players need to be in the league three years before they can redo/extend contracts, so this time next season is when the Seahawks can start to negotiate with Wilson.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    In yesterday's game, Lynch was something like 11 carries for 17 yards until the game was 29-0. He was even less of a presence than Wilson.

I disagree with SuperE that RW is going to get a new contract this year, but I think that he deserves one.
    Look at league rules its the only reason its holding his new deal up. Which I'm sure people believe is crazy . But the Seahawks will likely have a deal in place right when the season starts and have to wait all the season to announce it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...0-million-man/

If that rule wasn't in place its clear...Wilson would be inking a $100+ million dollar contract. In another article he claims he wants to play 20 seasons ...all with Seattle.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Players are well aware of the rules. And SeaHawks aren't mad about it either. If Wilson joins the $100 million club it will effect the cap, plus Wilson's not the only player going to make big money his receivers and a lot of the SeaHawks great defensive players will be due in one or two years. So SeaHawks will need to keep drafting well.

The salary cap is designed to dismantle good teams like this.

OMG the Seattle SeaHawks wide-recievers vs Cris Carter is epic

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Players are well aware of the rules. And SeaHawks aren't mad about it either. If Wilson joins the $100 million club it will effect the cap, plus Wilson's not the only player going to make big money his receivers and a lot of the SeaHawks great defensive players will be due in one or two years. So SeaHawks will need to keep drafting well.

The salary cap is designed to dismantle good teams like this.
    Well yeah, but it's no secret that a lot of these players were got on the cheap. They are going to have a nightmare trying to keep as many as possible in the next 3 years. Unless players start taking pay cuts to stay on the team. Which there is a precedent for. See New England in the early 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Well yeah, but it's no secret that a lot of these players were got on the cheap. They are going to have a nightmare trying to keep as many as possible in the next 3 years. Unless players start taking pay cuts to stay on the team. Which there is a precedent for. See New England in the early 2000's.
    Seattle will pay Sherman and Wilson . Those 2 guys will likely be Seahawks til the end. The others sadly will get offers to stay but the team will deem them replaceable . I mean look at how New England would rotate WR's , CB's and LB's the past decade. Yet make damn sure to keep Tom Brady .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

I wonder how long it will take for the Seahawks to offer Russel Wilson a new contract. Right now he's under a four-year, $2.99 million contract. I am not saying he deserves to get the same kind of money that Brady and Manning gets but he definitely needs to be getting a lot more.
    An Email Account that is secure. Buy Web Address and other website services. Get Discount Domains at low prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchuto View Post
    I wonder how long it will take for the Seahawks to offer Russel Wilson a new contract. Right now he's under a four-year, $2.99 million contract. I am not saying he deserves to get the same kind of money that Brady and Manning gets but he definitely needs to be getting a lot more.
    The rules are holding it up. They would likely give him a new contract this off-season. Its the only holdup really. I'm sure his agent will have a deal ironed out and by the time the season ends next year, he gets $$$$.

In NFL news:

According to azcardinals.com Larry Fitzgerald Restructures Contract

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...0-d665a12c3ccf

According to NFL.com Sidney Rice likely will be cut by Seattle Seahawks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...attle-seahawks
    An Email Account that is secure. Buy Web Address and other website services. Get Discount Domains at low prices.

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Greenberg has picked the eagles to win the Super Bowl for 2014.
    Nothing is Impossible with Great Brand Identity Adidas

Guys we have an off-season thread. The current season ended after the Super Bowl.