Page 218 of 302 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4528

Vibranium feels left out:

I am fully aware that the Super Bowl has become a 1% circle jerk

us lowlies can sit in our hovels and watch the game from afar
    Fine with me. Unless you're rich or a celebrity, you've got a better seat at home than you ever would in the stadium.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL Numbers pt.2

- Brandon Marshall had 6 catches for 100 yards tonight , passing the 1,000+ yard receiving mark for the 8th straight season.

- DeMarco Murray had a big game for the Cowboys. Perhaps the only bright spot tonight for them. He carried 18 times for 146 yards. Murray seems on his way to a career high rushing season and is 157 yards from his 1st , 1,000+ yard season.

- Drew Brees threw for 300+ yards yesterday and shattered the 4,000+ yard mark passing for the 8th straight season. He also passed the 50,000+ career yards mark yesterday .

- Frank Gore is closing in on 10,000+ career rushing yards. After yesterdays game where he broke 100+ yards ....Gore only needs 230 yards to pass that mark.

- Anquan Boldin will accomplish some things this season. Boldin only needs 85 yards for 1,000+ yards receiving . It will be his 1st 1,000+ yard season in 4 years. Also Boldin after yesterdays game passed the 11,000+ career yards receiving.

- Eli Manning is in such a funk this season , that his QB rating is the lowest its been since the 2007 season. Also he's on pace to have more Ints than TD's for the 1st time since his rookie season.

- Wes Welker's string of 100+ catch seasons seems to be likely ending this season. Welker could be out this week due to a concussion. As it stands right now Welker has 73 receptions for 778 yards .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Fine with me. Unless you're rich or a celebrity, you've got a better seat at home than you ever would in the stadium.
    Especially this year. Why pay $900 to sit in a blizzard in the Meadowlands for four or five hours when you can sit in the comfort of your own home in front of the big screen for free?

I've been to several pro sports games, and by and large, the Big Four are all better on TV except for hockey
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Especially this year. Why pay $900 to sit in a blizzard in the Meadowlands for four or five hours when you can sit in the comfort of your own home in front of the big screen for free?
    Agreed!

I've been to several pro sports games, and by and large, the Big Four are all better on TV except for hockey
    Doubly agreed!
    "We're from Philadelphia, and we fight."
    ---Chip Kelly, Head Coach, Philadelphia Eagles

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So spaketh the fans of the HD era. (Agreed)

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    So spaketh the fans of the HD era. (Agreed)
    Damn straight. I've got 65 inches worth of HD goodness in my living room, perfect for football, or any other sport you care to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Damn straight. I've got 65 inches worth of HD goodness in my living room, perfect for football, or any other sport you care to watch.
    Heh. Size queen. (J/K, dude)

Updated Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by FirestormTheNuclearMan View Post
    They may be one of the worst defenses in football. Yes Ray Lewis thanks for stating the obvious.
    Not just football this year. But they're on pace to be the worst ever. Even worse than last year's Saints team (coincidentally, the one that's much improved with Rob Ryan) that set the record.

Updated Tuesdays.

Meh, I felt the same long before there was such a thing as HD.

My lawn...get off of it!
    'Dox out.

Heh. Size queen. (J/K, dude)
    The bigger, the better, my brother!

It was comical the way Dallas' defense flopped like a flounder last night, especially against a normally scoring challenged team like da Bears. If someone told me before the game that Josh McCown would throw five TD's, I would've told him to get off the crack pipe. Should the Cowgirls miss out on the playoffs when they were the tallest midget in the circus that's NFC Least, heads will roll as I'm sure Jerry Jones will go berserk.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Eagles win the division.

One, for going from worst to first, and sneaking up on everybody else in it.
    Two, because after all the Philly "Dream Team" talk the past few years, the season with zero expectations, they manage to win the NFC East.
    Three, next year, their fans will have unrealistic expectations for Chip Kelly and Nick Foles, much like the Redskins fan base did this year for RGIII and company. They'll be beside themselves in 2014 when the Giants stop having Eli throw picks, or Griffin actually tries to heal before he gets back on the field. It's not that I don't like the Eagles... I just know they're not putting a dynasty together, by any stretch, and will laugh at anyone that thinks they're witnessing the beginning of one because... well... someone has to win the NFC (L)East.

Four...

Laughing at Jerry Jones bungling his franchise every year into not making the playoffs, or winning a playoff game from the top down never gets old. That's really it.

Updated Tuesdays.

Well, expectations for the Eagles had been VERY low after last season's 4-12 debacle, only the most lunatic die-hard fans predicted more than seven or eight wins in 2013. I didn't figure on the Birds doing better than 7-9 myself, and that was an optimistic estimate. No one thought a rookie coach from the college ranks would re-energize the team like he had, especially with a brittle quarterback (Mike Vick), an already questionable defense that switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4, and the training camp loss of a key player on offense (WR Jeremy Maclin). Sure fans will have unrealistic expectations going into next year, but that's commonplace everywhere, regardless of what happens the rest of the way this season, it'll be up to Chip Kelly to maintain the positive momentum in 2014. As for the division, there figures to be plenty of upheaval: the Shanahans will be gone, that you can take to the bank; perhaps Tom Coughlin will be shown the door in New York, and God only knows what Jones will do if the Cowgirls don't make the playoffs, so the most stable team going into 2014 will be the Birds. I like that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, expectations for the Eagles had been VERY low after last season's 4-12 debacle, only the most lunatic die-hard fans predicted more than seven or eight wins in 2013. I didn't figure on the Birds doing better than 7-9 myself, and that was an optimistic estimate. No one thought a rookie coach from the college ranks would re-energize the team like he had, especially with a brittle quarterback (Mike Vick), an already questionable defense that switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4, and the training camp loss of a key player on offense (WR Jeremy Maclin). Sure fans will have unrealistic expectations going into next year, but that's commonplace everywhere, regardless of what happens the rest of the way this season, it'll be up to Chip Kelly to maintain the positive momentum in 2014. As for the division, there figures to be plenty of upheaval: the Shanahans will be gone, that you can take to the bank; perhaps Tom Coughlin will be shown the door in New York, and God only knows what Jones will do if the Cowgirls don't make the playoffs, so the most stable team going into 2014 will be the Birds. I like that a lot.
    I was just talking with a co-worker who's a Cowboys fan... he's just hoping they either do something about that defense, or they improve at RT. But he's resigning himself to Jerr-ah being the new Al Davis/Matt Millen and taking a RB, WR, or QB when they don't need one, because "it's flashier".

Updated Tuesdays.

I was just talking with a co-worker who's a Cowboys fan... he's just hoping they either do something about that defense, or they improve at RT. But he's resigning himself to Jerr-ah being the new Al Davis/Matt Millen and taking a RB, WR, or QB when they don't need one, because "it's flashier".
    And that's why the Cowgirls will continue to stumble because Jerry Jones the GM fails to provide the right players to help Jerry Jones the owner to succeed.