Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Action Comics: Cyborg Superman, #23.1

Deep in space sits a cybernetic force of evil unlike any other. What terrible connection does Cyborg Superman share with Krypton? And what alien force commands the robotic terror? Find out here!

Full article here.

He who breeds Pestilence TheSpawnOfDeth's Avatar

There is no way that is the same artist who was recently on Deadpool...This looks so much better.
    Waiting for book:Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Quicksilver[x]Ghost Rider[x], Bucky Barnes[x], Gambit[x]

Favorite Marvel book: Uncanny Avengers/Favorite DC book: Animal-Man

I hate first-world feminist.

I'm pretty sure it is the same artist that was recently on Deadpool. He just uses different styles depending on what book he is on. I really like his art here though. I'd really like to see him do more work in the Super books.

This issue looks good to me. I never expected that to be who really is the new CyborgSupes. I think I'm looking forward to all of the Superman Villain's Month issues.
    "Welcome to the party pal!" - John McClane - Die Hard

Yes this is the same artist and it looks just as good here as it did on Deadpool, although the lines may be a little tighter on this. I think he may have had additional inkers on Deadpool but I could be wrong. DC picked a good choice in colorist as well.

Hawthorne, imo, would be great on any book DC saw fit to put him on. He's easily underrated. I would love to see him paired up with MAN on Supergirl or possibly taking on the art for a post-Lobdell Teen Titans or maybe even on a less editorially driven Birds of Prey.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by JessieMidnight View Post
    This issue looks good to me. I never expected that to be who really is the new CyborgSupes. I think I'm looking forward to all of the Superman Villain's Month issues.
    I didn't either. When I read Supergirl #23 and saw the end, I was shocked. I'm glad they have this issue to tell and show how he became Cyborg Superman. I believe it also explains what happened to the people on Argo, too. Looks like everything is coming together very well in Supergirl. Hopefully the writer is planning to stay on for the foreseeable future.

Looks good but why is this not a Supergirl title?
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Villain One Shots are being advertised with top name characters and names of well established series. It's pretty much a Supergirl issue but they want more people to be looking at the Action Comics title instead to grab their attention.

Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Probably the same reason we get Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, and The Flash but there's no Nightwing or Batgirl in spite of the fact that both of those titles sell better. The relative popularity of the character or the quality of the current title doesn't seem to have any bearing.

This is amazing. What an excellent idea. It's Kal's uncle and Kara's father? They get alot of flack for some Nu52 hijinks but I think this genius and I am still a Hank Henshaw fan. Do they get into this in recent Supergirl issues, I'm not caught up but have them all.

Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by RememberLexorCity! View Post
    This is amazing. What an excellent idea. It's Kal's uncle and Kara's father? They get alot of flack for some Nu52 hijinks but I think this genius and I am still a Hank Henshaw fan. Do they get into this in recent Supergirl issues, I'm not caught up but have them all.
    Yes, the Cyborg Superman introduction has been happening over the last couple of months in Supergirl, with the big reveal in #23 where he spoilers:
    apparently kills Supergirl and uses her flesh to restore his body.
    end of spoilers