Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    I hope nobody ever retcons away his guilt, as was done for Wanda.
    No one retconned Wanda's guilt away.

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Cyclops is a hero. The rest of Wolverine's team are not. Simple and easy.
    Speak for yourself.

Anyway, I think I'll buy this when I get paid, seems quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Cyclops is a hero. The rest of Wolverine's team are not. Simple and easy.
    Cyclops stopped being a hero when he killed Ugly John so that he wouldn't have to look at him any more. j/k

o

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    No one retconned Wanda's guilt away.
    No, but there is the feeling that if Cyclops is going to be ostracized by the so-called hero community for going out of his mind on Phoenix Force after being pushed over the edge by continued and unneeded antagonism on the part of those same heroes, then Wanda, who created the situation that Cyclops was hoping to rectify in the first place, shouldn't get to use that same reasonin (driven out of her mind by cosmic forces merging with her) to be excused for what she did. It's a basic matter of applying law, ethics, and morality (however those three may intersect) in a fair and even manner instead of making allowances for certain people based on whatever agendas the people making those allowances (the Avengers in-series, Marvel editorial in real life) have vis--vis those two particular characters.

Also, I think this is the first A+X issue I'll actually buy. Not that I've got much in the way of love for the Superior Spider-Man after the events of issue 9, but things are getting pretty interesting for him (Kaine/Scarlet Spider, Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099, Flash Thompson/Agent Venom, Ock's ex-girlfriend Stunner) and this particular encounter with Cyclops could yield some promising interactions.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Yes, he definitely has that suicidal spark.
    Cyclops (from the devastated Earth-90227) killed himself successfully, in an enjoyable story written by Warren Ellis. (shout out to fod_xp!)

but it's implied that he only does so to steal Malice and use her as a weapon.
    Oooh, I like this detail.

That's all you have? Meh. Not impressed.
    Let me rephrase it.
    Cyclops IS a hero.
    Get over it.
    I don't have to prove it. Obviously, you don't read Uncanny and Legacy.
    It's like proving that 2+2=4.
    Storm stopped being a hero when she farted toward Callisto. (oh my!)
    Collossus stopped being a hero when he became a capitalist. (holy crap!)
    Beast never was a hero.
    Kitty is okay. She is a hero.
    Wolverine. Hah. The less is said the better.

Seriously, how can anyone with straight face can say that Cyclops is not a hero? Only a troll!
    And please, keep your hatred to yourselves! We don't need haters! There are too many haters in the real world! And all you haters should stop kissing avengers' feet.
    Last edited by chakal; 08-30-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

There was barely any vertical propulsion, lololol. Cyke might as well have calmly glided towards the dude and pulled him back.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    No, but there is the feeling that if Cyclops is going to be ostracized by the so-called hero community for going out of his mind on Phoenix Force after being pushed over the edge by continued and unneeded antagonism on the part of those same heroes, then Wanda, who created the situation that Cyclops was hoping to rectify in the first place, shouldn't get to use that same reasonin (driven out of her mind by cosmic forces merging with her) to be excused for what she did. It's a basic matter of applying law, ethics, and morality (however those three may intersect) in a fair and even manner instead of making allowances for certain people based on whatever agendas the people making those allowances (the Avengers in-series, Marvel editorial in real life) have vis--vis those two particular characters.
    Wanda and Cyclop's situations are different from the get go, there's no hypocrisy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Yes, he definitely has that suicidal spark.
    Cyclops (from the devastated Earth-90227) killed himself successfully, in an enjoyable story written by Warren Ellis. (shout out to fod_xp!)

Oooh, I like this detail.
    That pic just doesn't have the same impact without the dialog concerning why he used a "Quantum Mirror" to kill himself...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-30-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I bought the issue. Mark Tex is on his game for the Magik story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I bought the issue. Mark Tex is on his game for the Magik story.
    Magik was bored with Thor.

I'm just a po' boy Craig Zlitscht's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    That pic just doesn't have the same impact without the dialog concerning why he used a "Quantum Mirror" to kill himself...
    he was left alone in some alternate setting where its like the end of the world, and everyone's dead and he's left alone in the ruins of the xavier mansion. that last bit always makes me cry. ps i'm reading days of future past among other claremont/byrnes stuff, but did claremont publicly hate summers?
    Cyclops fans stay strong, stay true, stay humble. IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST
    AguynamedJames "jean desiring logan is akin to bestiality."

am I the only one that Spock's line there as monotone cynicism?
    Cyclops ad portas

look at the shit that sinister and life has thrown at cyclops since he was an undeveloped CHILD. of course he's gonna be a bit sad on himself at times...dude even the things he loves fuck him over. he is truly alone in the x-men. at least wolverine has his fan gurlz and urm..kitty pryde and like all of jgs giving his fungal feet massages. even jean had it easy up til a certain point called...death and resurrection and powers manifesting. life has had it in for the fearless leader from day one :(

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Zlitscht View Post
    look at the shit that sinister and life has thrown at cyclops since he was an undeveloped CHILD. of course he's gonna be a bit sad on himself at times...dude even the things he loves fuck him over. he is truly alone in the x-men. at least wolverine has his fan gurlz and urm..kitty pryde and like all of jgs giving his fungal feet massages. even jean had it easy up til a certain point called...death and resurrection and powers manifesting. life has had it in for the fearless leader from day one :(
    Because the Universe has given him the very important role of being it's bitch.

He will continue being it's bitch, until he goes out like one.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Because the Universe has given him the very important role of being it's bitch.

He will continue being it's bitch, until he goes out like one.
    wel if u put it that way i guess jesus is the universe's bitch too. his life suuucked.