View Poll Results: Do you see SSM #100 in the future

Voters
114. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Aye

34 29.82%
  • Nay

80 70.18%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    They had no problem ending Dark Avengers when it was their #1 book.
    Dark Avengers was fun. Dark Reign was just awesome.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

The power of the rainbow. jade_nova's Avatar

Issue #100? You're living in a dream world. Comics nowadays don't reach issue 100 before getting restarted at issue 1.
    "Here's to me and here's to you. If we should ever disagree, then here's to me and to hell with you," William O. Astle 1905-2002

"Damn you, Harlot! Science and I know what we're doing," Reed Richards

http://captain-smiley.livejournal.com/-Here be Countdown summaries.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_nova View Post
    Issue #100? You're living in a dream world. Comics nowadays don't reach issue 100 before getting restarted at issue 1.
    We're more likely to see another Superior Spider-Man #1 than a Super Spider-Man #100.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    We're more likely to see another Superior Spider-Man #1 than a Super Spider-Man #100.
    I think that Marvel's making a mistake of ending SSM too soon because of ASM 2 the movie. They should let the series conclude with Spock ruling the world.

No and thank goodness we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Marvel's making a mistake of ending SSM too soon because of ASM 2 the movie. They should let the series conclude with Spock ruling the world.
    That's what I wanted but no Ock has to be the hero! But I'd rather have Ock ruling the world in another spiderman body and then Peter in his body so then Spider-Man can save the world.
    Hi I'm crazy that's my excuse. He he Ha Ha Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's difficult to imagine any series getting to #100 today without reboots or rebranding. That's just the nature of the current comic industry. Still, I'd love to see SSM go that distance. I know the fan speculation is that SSM will end in time for the new Spidey movie and that ASM will return then but I almost hope that doesn't happen. There's a lot left to explore with Spock and it'd be interesting if the events of Goblin Nation actually humble him and cause him to rethink his approach to crimefighting and towards heroism in general. Up till now, he's been able to feel very cocky about his accomplishments and his superiority but what happens when that gets stripped away? Goblin Nation could see Spock fail and Peter return soon after and that would be a very tidy, expected way to handle it. Spock fails miserably, then Peter steps back in to clean up the mess but I'd actually like to see Spock have to clean up his own mess and really be forced to cope with whatever disaster he's sown. I still want to see Peter come back eventually but I think there's more to be done with Spock and I think it would be more effective and tragic if Spock got outsed as Spidey at a time when he actually had learned and made strides to be a better hero. Whatever happens, though, I have faith that Slott has a great story in mind.
    You said it all! AMEN Brother! (Long Live SPOCK!)

Marvel certainly knows how to ruin their cash cow. LOL