View Poll Results: Do you see SSM #100 in the future

Voters
114. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Aye

34 29.82%
  • Nay

80 70.18%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

It's difficult to imagine any series getting to #100 today without reboots or rebranding. That's just the nature of the current comic industry. Still, I'd love to see SSM go that distance. I know the fan speculation is that SSM will end in time for the new Spidey movie and that ASM will return then but I almost hope that doesn't happen. There's a lot left to explore with Spock and it'd be interesting if the events of Goblin Nation actually humble him and cause him to rethink his approach to crimefighting and towards heroism in general. Up till now, he's been able to feel very cocky about his accomplishments and his superiority but what happens when that gets stripped away? Goblin Nation could see Spock fail and Peter return soon after and that would be a very tidy, expected way to handle it. Spock fails miserably, then Peter steps back in to clean up the mess but I'd actually like to see Spock have to clean up his own mess and really be forced to cope with whatever disaster he's sown. I still want to see Peter come back eventually but I think there's more to be done with Spock and I think it would be more effective and tragic if Spock got outsed as Spidey at a time when he actually had learned and made strides to be a better hero. Whatever happens, though, I have faith that Slott has a great story in mind.

SSM won't make it to 100; and i doubt SpOck will last longer than next summer

now, Otto might end up the spider-man on Dark Avengers if/when its relaunched; but thats about it

I still think it's going to go 38 issues to mirror Lee and Ditko's run on Amazing Spider-man

Im loving the book and think its the best thing Marvel has right now. But I think the story will wrap before it gets to 100. Even now we're seeing cracks and three people know who Peter really is, including the Goblin, and we're only into the 20's. I doubt SpOck can keep everything spinning for another 60-ish issues.

Dan Slott might still be around by then though, and if he can keep up this level of quality I hope he will be.

If Peter won't be back by ASM 2, then Marvel would be smart to keep producing the Amazing Spider-Man 700.x issues. That way everyone wins.

Have we ever had a ".11" issue before, though? I imagine that Marvel would think that 700.# issues wouldn't be good in the long term. Then again, that might depend on how these issues perform.

There's a first time for everything; It's not like every book idea has to fit some kind of previous sales success pattern. It's like worrying about the brand marketing behind books like Ms.Marvel, than the quality of the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    Unless peter is back and it remains superior Spiderman then no otherwise amazing spiderman issue 701 here we go.
    I really REALLY doubt they are going to continue with the 700+ numbering. I foresee "All New Amazing Spider-Man #1"
    Pulling: 18 Marvel, 10 DC. Top 5 Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Thor, New Avengers, Guardians, Ms. Marvel. Top 5 DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman

Mountaineers Are Always FREE! Give me Liberty...

Will Superior Spider-Man make it to issue 100? Hmmmm....a murdering psychopath wearing a 'Peter Parker suit' filled with lies and fraud? Uhhh...Hey Thor, could you come over here a minute? Here's the situation (whisper, whisper...shock, disbelief) Okay, Thor if YOU would please? (Thunder God takes center stage, raises hammer to the heavens, clouds swirl, thunder rumbles ominously, lightening flashes) Thor speaks:
    "I say thee, NAY!!!!"
    CaptainLiberty76

"The LESS some people know the MORE stubbornly they know it!"

"That which does not KILL us only serves to make us STRONGER!"

I suspect that Peter will be back in the saddle right around the time the new Spider-Man movie comes out.

Movies are to make money, expand the marketing potential of the characters and franchises, and to get people to buy comics. It would be incredibly confusing for a newcomer to the comics to pick up a copy of SSM and find a totally different "characters" as Peter Parker.

BANNED

http://youtu.be/TaBN1CO1cbM

But seriously, with Carlie's investigation, the supporting characters' suspicions (STILL wondering why they haven't figured it out by now), and the fact that the ASM2 movie is coming out in May, I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that this series will go over 50 issues, let alone 100.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan1988 View Post
    http://youtu.be/TaBN1CO1cbM

But seriously, with Carlie's investigation, the supporting characters' suspicions (STILL wondering why they haven't figured it out by now), and the fact that the ASM2 movie is coming out in May, I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that this series will go over 50 issues, let alone 100.
    Let's remember that Dan Slott is a Taskmaster. He'll find a way to keep Spock FRESH until the magic number(100) arrive. I would love to see him deal with Mayday Parker(Venom) before it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Let's remember that Dan Slott is a Taskmaster. He'll find a way to keep Spock FRESH until the magic number(100) arrive. I would love to see him deal with Mayday Parker(Venom) before it's all over.
    When's he gonna start?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    When's he gonna start?
    I am so unset that Marvel is ending the momentum for SSM. Do they not want to have a milestone with Spock to reach the magic #100?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I am so unset that Marvel is ending the momentum for SSM. Do they not want to have a milestone with Spock to reach the magic #100?
    They had no problem ending Dark Avengers when it was their #1 book.