Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: What Was the Best Comic Book Movie of the Summer of 2013?

What Was the Best Comic Book Movie of the Summer of 2013?

As the long, hot days give way to the cooler, crisper Fall, CBR asks which of this summer's comic book-based movies was your favorite.

Vote on the poll here.

I haven't seen Wolverine or Kick-Ass yet, but Red is tied with Pacific Rim for the most fun I've had at the cinema this year.

Excluding Pacific Rim, since it's not a comic book movie, I'd have to say The Wolverine is the most fun superhero movie I've seen this year. For now.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Man of steel. Followed by iron man 3 & Kik-ass 2
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Intend to see KickAss2, but haven't yet. RIPD I didn't see on purpose.

IM3 and MoS were big letdowns for me. I can't recall anything about IM3 except Trevor Slattery and Red SheHulk. And MoS...well, clearly that was Superman in name only.

Wolverine was good, but not great.

Which leaves Red2 and 2Guns. I loved both, but I gave the edge to 2Guns.

Overall, this years comic films have been a huge letdown. Hopefully Thor turns it around.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Iron Man 3: I haven't been that genuinely surprised by a movie since I found out the truth about Luke Skywalker's dad. Plus, Shane Black + RDJ = hilarity.
    "Don't Reboot The Bat!" Keep Going!
    MoS is a PoS.
    Twitter
    The Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Iron Man 3: I haven't been that genuinely surprised by a movie since I found out the truth about Luke Skywalker's dad. Plus, Shane Black + RDJ = hilarity.
    LOL!!! If I had to name a surprising twist in a MCU movie it would be Thanos's appearance in Avangers. The Mandarin twist looked like something you'd see at a comedy sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
    Intend to see KickAss2, but haven't yet. RIPD I didn't see on purpose.

IM3 and MoS were big letdowns for me. I can't recall anything about IM3 except Trevor Slattery and Red SheHulk. And MoS...well, clearly that was Superman in name only.

Wolverine was good, but not great.

Which leaves Red2 and 2Guns. I loved both, but I gave the edge to 2Guns.

Overall, this years comic films have been a huge letdown. Hopefully Thor turns it around.
    Oh yeah when it comes to R Rated comic book movies I'd put it above Kick Ass 2 in terms of pure enjoyment.

I'm with you in that it has been a unimpressive year as far as comic book movies go. I only had two gems from 2 Guns and The Wolverine as far as fun comic book films go but none of them wowed me like Avengers did. From what I've seen from the Thor trailers I'm hoping for a step in the right direction.

Man of Steel was the best. Ironman 3 I can not get over the treatment of Mandarin and doubt I will ever watch Ironman 3 again because of it.

Wolverine loved it until the end then it turned out to be crap.

I'd rate the movies I've seen by...

1.) Man of Steel - undoubtedly one of my favorite superhero movies of all time.

2.) The Wolverine - really great Wolverine story, brought back my enjoyment and love for the character after Marvel Comics has made him unbearable.

3.) Kick-Ass 2 - it was a lot of bloody action fun, similar to the comic book story. The first movie still had the magic that this one seemed to lack. Possibly Nicolas Cage? Something but still very enjoyable.

4.) Iron Man 3 - loved the scenes with Iron Man in them, when Sherlock Holmes took over it fell flat and dragging with too many jokes and pointlessness. Killian had potential to be the greatest Iron Man villain, still really enjoyed his character and performance by Guy Pearce.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I'd rate the movies I've seen by...

1.) Man of Steel - undoubtedly one of my favorite superhero movies of all time.

2.) The Wolverine - really great Wolverine story, brought back my enjoyment and love for the character after Marvel Comics has made him unbearable.

3.) Kick-Ass 2 - it was a lot of bloody action fun, similar to the comic book story. The first movie still had the magic that this one seemed to lack. Possibly Nicolas Cage? Something but still very enjoyable.

4.) Iron Man 3 - loved the scenes with Iron Man in them, when Sherlock Holmes took over it fell flat and dragging with too many jokes and pointlessness. Killian had potential to be the greatest Iron Man villain, still really enjoyed his character and performance by Guy Pearce.
    Amen. I'd say it made me like the movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by StumboTheGiant View Post
    Man of Steel was the best.

Wolverine loved it until the end then it turned out to be crap.
    MOS renewed my enjoyment of Superman films after the crap that was Superman Returns. It was flawed but I still find it enjoyable.

Wouldn't it have killed Fox to make Silver Samurai close to the comics? Not something from a Transformers movie.

Iron Man. Man of Steel direction/CG was a huge disappointment for me and Red 2 was terrible. I know I should just get over the first wolverine movie but I'm waiting for DVD on the new one.
    Last edited by Steve Broome; 08-29-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    MOS renewed my enjoyment of Superman films after the crap that was Superman Returns. It was flawed but I still find it enjoyable.

Wouldn't it have killed Fox to make Silver Samurai close to the comics? Not something from a Transformers movie.
    I agree on both comments. I was excited to see Silver Samurai then when it was a robot I was just so disappointed.