Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Please sign MeTV's ADAM WEST Cameo Request For the New Superman\Batman movie

MeTV has a petition requesting that ADAM WEST be given a cameo in the upcoming Superman\Batman movie. Regardless of how you might feel about Ben Affleck's portraying our favorite Dark Knight, Adam West hasn't been given the honor of even a simple walk-on part since the Bat-Multimedia franchise was re-ignited in 1989! Yes, Batman was already a popular character before 1966 but I argue that it was ADAM WEST and Company who turned Batman into a GLOBAL phenomenon; from the first run of the series to over 4 decades of reruns after it was cancelled! Batman has survived Schumacher's campy movies so how can the presence of Adam West for as little as a minute harm Batman now? Mr.West is getting on in years and we don't know for how long we will have him in this world, I think it would be a shame if he left it without having appeared in ANY of the new movies that have been created since 1989.

I humbly ask you to sign the MeTV petition. It has a comments box but I ask that we be respectful and leave out any incendiary comments about Ben Affleck or any other issues besides Mr. West's cameo petition. THANK YOU.

http://metvnetwork.com/batmanpetition.php

ADDENDUM:
    When the Adam West PETITION disappeared from the MeTV home page, I (and perhaps others as well) assumed that it was closed. It has resurfaced and is located in the bottom right hand window. You have to use the arrow keys to find it. So, it's still going and accepting signatures. Let's keep 'em coming fellow CAPED CRUSADERS!
    Last edited by LEADER DESSLOK; 09-12-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

I'll never abide such blatant stunt casting.

If I find a counter-petition I'll sign that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I'll never abide such blatant stunt casting.

If I find a counter-petition I'll sign that.
    Maybe I worded it wrong but Adam West DID NOT request to appear in the movie, MeTV is filing a petition for the producers of the film to OFFER Adam West a cameo appearance. Nobody has offered him a cameo, not even Schumacher even though he obviously was influenced by the show! The Star Trek Franchise was built on the 60s show and William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy have BOTH been given actual roles in their new movies. West hasn't even been given a simple walk-on and that is what the petition is all about, not that Mr.West is behind it in any way.
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    MeTV has a petition requesting that ADAM WEST be given a cameo in the upcoming Superman\Batman movie. Regardless of how you might feel about Ben Affleck's portraying our favorite Dark Knight, Adam West hasn't been given the honor of even a simple walk-on part since the Bat-Multimedia franchise was re-ignited in 1989! Yes, Batman was already a popular character before 1966 but I argue that it was ADAM WEST and Company who turned Batman into a GLOBAL phenomenon; from the first run of the series to over 4 decades of reruns after it was cancelled! Batman has survived Schumacher's campy movies so how can the presence of Adam West for as little as a minute harm Batman now? Mr.West is getting on in years and we don't know for how long we will have him in this world, I think it would be a shame if he left it without having appeared in ANY of the new movies that have been created since 1989.

I humbly ask you to sign the MeTV petition. It has a comments box but I ask that we be respectful and leave out any incendiary comments about Ben Affleck or any other issues besides Mr. West's cameo petition. THANK YOU.

http://metvnetwork.com/batmanpetition.php
    this is beyond dumb

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    this is beyond dumb
    Just like this statement. If you aren't interested or just plain didn't like the show or even care about Mr.West, fine. But comments like this are neither funny nor helpful.

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

I'll sign. Good idea.
    Namor is King! Killraven too. Mantis is the greatest!

Shatterstar is gay. Deadpool is Bi.

I've already signed it. Adam West is such a great guy, Very Humble and always willing to take time for the fans. He deserves it IMO. Its not like they are asking for him to have a big role in the film, just something like Stan Lee does in most of the marvel movies. He's paid his dues as Batman, it nearly destroyed his career. I say let him have a moment, he's earned it.

Respect to Adam West, but, no. He should have no part in the new movie, i just don't know what purpose an appearance would serve except making the production even more of a circus. It makes as much sense as a Robert Vaughn from 'Man fom Uncle' cameo in the movie as the programme probably bears about the same resemblence,to current Batman, which is, not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    Just like this statement. If you aren't interested or just plain didn't like the show or even care about Mr.West, fine. But comments like this are neither funny nor helpful.
    Do you honestly think that Adam West will be appropriate for this generation let alone Snyder's Batman and Superman film? No one will even know who he is, unless you were born in the 70's or 60's, last time I checked when people think of Batman they think of Christian Bale, Conroy, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, then maybe West.

May aswell. Stan Lee style!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I would love it, if Adam West appeared in the new film. I remember back in 1989 when Batman came out, they offered Mr. West a cameo as Dr. Thomas Wayne in the flash back, but he declined. I think at that time Mr.West wanted to be Batman again and it was a hard pill to take of a new live action Batman, of course Mr. West has done various Batman animated appearances over the years in various Batman projects. I have always wanted Mr. West to make an appearance in the live action films and as a big Batman fan I am all for it! I am going to sign now!
    Last edited by Bo-Man; 08-31-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Do you honestly think that Adam West will be appropriate for this generation let alone Snyder's Batman and Superman film? No one will even know who he is, unless you were born in the 70's or 60's, last time I checked when people think of Batman they think of Christian Bale, Conroy, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, then maybe West.
    I do. I was born in the 80s and I still love the guy. I have friends a good ten years younger than known and like him, and one of them thinks he was the BEST Batman.

And besides, it's just a cameo. Has Stan Lee appearing in the marvel movies hurt them any? Did it hurt having Lou Ferrigno appear in the Hulk's movie?
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Do you honestly think that Adam West will be appropriate--
    Do you honestly think that Adam West will be inappropriate?

Still, the guy's expressed no interest. This is just Me-TV having a little fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    May aswell. Stan Lee style!
    Exactly. If it can work for Stan Lee, why not for Adam West? Besides, thanks to Family Guy, he's entirely relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I do. I was born in the 80s and I still love the guy. I have friends a good ten years younger than known and like him, and one of them thinks he was the BEST Batman.

And besides, it's just a cameo. Has Stan Lee appearing in the marvel movies hurt them any? Did it hurt having Lou Ferrigno appear in the Hulk's movie?
    The difference being that Marvel movies have always winked at the audience and have been meta, I mean the scene in Incredible Hulk (the Norton one) you had the cameo from Bixby on the television, but when has Batman (Nolan) or Superman (Snyder) done that?