Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Was that a joke? Seriously, the anatomy, posture, faces, and hair of every character you just posted looks exactly like Liefeld work. I'm sure Turner was a great guy, but he never once made a great comic.
    In fairness, the second cover art picture has a foot in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    3.) what the F##K are hack lines?
    As someone who often uses hatching and cross hatching in my work that is the most offensive thing anyone has said yet
    This is cross hatching

These are hack lines

They aren't there to create depth and texture, they're just there so the page is less blank.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

2.) ive heard of allred not framilar with his work, never heard of the others.
    Of course not, they make good comics.

Not simple ones

Micheal Turner has done some good stuff i liked his work on Superman/Batman.
    Last edited by Sonofspam; 08-30-2013 at 02:02 PM.

BANNED

Or identical to Liefeld. He certainly mastered the art of imitation.
    if you think this was a imitation................

of this.........

then i can help you, sorry :/

done with the turner vs liefeld argument, neether of us is going to change our minds.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Helix View Post
    This may be the frontrunner for DUMB POST OF THE YEAR.
    its dumb to ask for respect for hard working artist?

if you think this was a imitation................
    of this.........
    then i can help you, sorry :/

done with the turner vs liefeld argument, neether of us is going to change our minds.

Peace
    Those aren't the only two images either have ever been responsible for. I think this

is completely derivative of this

There are plenty of examples of male characters fitting the mold as well, pretty much everything that wasn't painted. You're comparing a painting to an ink drawing to make your point. Well, I think a point was made by that for sure, you have to look to a completely different medium to find work that isn't a clone of Liefeld.

You think Romita isn't hard working?

So it's ok for you to diss Romita senior but Micheal Turner is off the list?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    So it's ok for you to diss Romita senior but Micheal Turner is off the list?
    It wasn't a diss, it's was simply fact that a lot more time and effort went in to that Bermejo image than the other, but no one will ever respect Bermejo as much as Romita, simply dew to Romita bing Romita.

No one is off the list, i know he has some problems, all I was saying is that turner being on the same level as liefeild is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. To me it's like if someone claimed Oliver coipel was no better than Greg land.
    Other than the thinness of his women, I can not see any true problems with his work. End of story
    Last edited by Movieartman; 08-30-2013 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

pretty much everything that wasn't painted. You're comparing a painting to an ink drawing to make your point. Well, I think a point was made by that for sure, you have to look to a completely different medium to find work that isn't a clone of Liefeld.
    no it wasnt painted it was digitally colored, here its the black and white penciels, NOW compare it!
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wm2qCU0wiS...ketch%2529.png

here is some other cap images by turner
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wm2qCU0wiS...erine%2529.png

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23...5c22c89419.jpg

BANNED

is completely derivative of this
    the only thing between these 2 that resemble each other is the thinness of there waist, and while there is ZERO of anything good in the liefeld image, the turner image, the faces are nice, the detail on the witchblade itself is magnificant, the background characters faces are great.

it might be derivative of it, that does not mean, it is not vastly better drawn and illustrated than liefelds, which it is.
    i will conceed they have the same problems with waist, that does not mean they are equal in badness
    Last edited by Movieartman; 08-30-2013 at 05:26 PM.

BANNED

if you wanna compare someone to liefeld why not hamberto ramos?
    look at this dreck

and dont give me that "its his style' crap people defend him with, the exact same could be said of turner. while liefeld its has nothing to do with style and more to do with incompetence.

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

It wasn't a diss, it's was simply fact that a lot more time and effort went in to that Bermejo image than the other, but no one will ever respect Bermejo as much as Romita, simply dew to Romita bing Romita.
    Seriously, John Romita sr. is a talented draftsman with a long history of great storytelling.
    It's not 'simply due to him being Romita'.

And NOBODY has insulted Bermejo. Certainly not to the degree that you just insulted Romita. If he's respected it's because of the quality of his work, not his name.

Also, in terms of art criticism, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    I know that sounds harsh, but seriously, there's a lot more going on in art than "Do I like this picture?" - which seems to be the level that you're at. There's nothing wrong with that. Far be it from me to poop on your parade. If you're a big Michael Turner fan, that's cool. I have no problem with people liking stuff that I don't. You should read what makes you happy, and if that's Michael Turner, then more power to you.
    But you sound like you're very young, and honestly, you don't know what you're talking about for the most part, and when people disagree with you, you have an annoying tendency to take it very seriously and get aggressive, as though you're being personally attacked.
    Last edited by Pól Rua; 08-30-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

No one is off the list, i know he has some problems, all I was saying is that turner being on the same level as liefeild is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. To me it's like if someone claimed Oliver coipel was no better than Greg land.
    Other than the thinness of his women, I can not see any true problems with his work. End of story
    Romita Sr didn't have as much time because he was doing serialized monthly series with a strict deadline.

Bermejo does mostly one and done Graphic novels which allows him to take a lot more time to do things because there is not a strict deadline compared to monthly serialized comics.

If it wasn't for someone like Romita Senoir who brought a level of realism to comics that wasn't being used at the time Bermejo's art might look a lot different.

I think Turner would have been better served doing interiors his covers aren't usually that great compared to a lot of the top line people.