Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default BATMAN INCORPORATED SPECIAL #1 Preview/Discussion

An all-star special featuring the various members of Batman Incorporated-Man-of-Bats, Red Raven, El Gaucho, Dark Ranger, Knight, Batman himself and more! In the wake of their epic struggle with Talia al Ghul, the Heretic and Leviathan see what's next for the members of Batman's army. Featuring stories written and drawn by a collection of industry greats! Plus: Bat-Cow makes her solo debut in a tale by writer Dan DiDio and artist Ethan Van Sciver!

Full preview here.

I thought the Chris Burnham story featuring Batman of Japan was much better than issue #11. I really enjoyed the Raven Red story. Of course who didn't love that Bat-Cow story.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I truly thought this issue was better than many of the Batman Incorporated issues we've gotten in the past 6 months or so.
    Current pull list: Batman, Detective Comics, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight, Nightwing, Star Wars: Legacy (II)

Was this really worth the cover price? I thought about it but 4.99 is a bit steep.

It doesn't really advance anything story wise, but I'd say yes, the quality was there. It's worth it as a one off or annual type issue.
    Current pull list: Batman, Detective Comics, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight, Nightwing, Star Wars: Legacy (II)

Great fun, the Nightrunner, Dark Ranger, Gaucho cracked me up. I wish this had led to a team-up of all of them at the end.
    Although I'm not sure I get how it ended?

COMPUTER Q: Archive Bat Inc. Case Folder?
    BATMAN A: NO

Does answering "NO" to archiving the case files mean- don't save, as in he tossed them out... ie they no longer exist for anyone to peruse?
    Or does "NO" mean- don't archive cause he's still looking through them... ie it's still open to seeing more?

I don't know what orders and sales were on this, but storywise I think it shows they can have life post Morrison.
    I would love to see it as an actual ongoing team book, where they have adventures together, while also developing their solo lives as in this issue.

And if the name Batman Inc. is officially off the table...
    Last edited by Guicho; 08-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.

I took it to mean keeping the files active and quickly available. It could mean either though.

I agree, that would certainly be an interesting series.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphix View Post
    I took it to mean keeping the files active and quickly available. It could mean either though.

I agree, that would certainly be an interesting series.
    Yeah, if one good thing for Bruce came out of "Leviathan", and his inevitable return to brooding and wanting to keep his distance, it's that at least he knows he'll have an ally in every part of the world if he wants one for whatever he's working on.

I mean, I don't think we ever expected Bruce to "really" enjoy himself on those international missions. The fun of the thing is seeing grouchy old Batman team up with different kinds of guys and girls.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Was this really worth the cover price? I thought about it but 4.99 is a bit steep.
    I agree, I feel that I should have just taken the money and flushed it. This book was garbage.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.