View Poll Results: Arsenal's next book should be......

Voters
30. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • a solo title

9 30.00%
  • Team up with Nightwing

4 13.33%
  • stay with the Outlaws

15 50.00%
  • join a superteam

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Roy is very different in nu52. He's the joker that's overly friedle wth everyone as well as the technogenius of the team. Young Justice: Invasion Arsenal was more like an older Damian then Roy Harper.
    That's because DC screwed him up with the "Rise of Arsenal" & continued into the 52 with Red Hood & the Outlaws
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

I would like to see Arsenal aka Roy Harper more in the Green Arrow book.
    Daredevil is the best comic out right now.
    I love Barry Allen but really miss Wally West.
    The Punisher may be one of comics greatest characters.
    I love what Snyder has done with Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    The Outlaws is a good fit for him. He's not enough of a character to sustain a solo book. See: Grifter. But I don't want to see him revert to sidekick, either, which is what couldn't help happening if he partnered with GA again. Nightwing, on the other hand, IS a good solo character.

So, Outlaws.
    Yeah, agreed.

I really couldn't see a hypothetical solo selling very well. Green Arrow has the most recognisable name/brand with the TV series, Hawkeye over at Marvel is a critical hit and popular amongst fans and has the big bump courtesy of the Avengers. The only ones likely to pick up an Arsenal series would be fans of the character, and probably only really dedicated fans with the prices of today. However strongly those fans might feel, in actual numbers and potential profit, they fall well below what the executives/money-men care about.

Outlaws I can see him working with, but on his own? Not going to happen.

I think what we've learned about "side-kick" or "minor character" solo books over the years is that to get them started you really need to put them with a strong veteran writer (see Chuck Dixon on the Nightwing and Robin titles), or an eccentric writer in good standing (see Fraction on Hawkeye).

Arsenal could be a very strong book if the right writer is assigned to him.