Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Journey Into Mystery, #655

The planet-shattering conclusion to Seeds of Destruction...!
    • Gaea gets in touch with her monstrous side?!
    • To save the ganGREEN goddess, Sif and Beta Ray Bill race to stop the mysterious Ark ship in the (nearly!) scuttled Skuttlebutt!
    • The finish line? Asgardia!

Full article here.

Has this title been good since the spotlight shifted to Sif? I haven't really heard much but if it has Sif AND Bill, it has to be good....right?

For those of us still reading, it's been very good since Sif became lead. It's very different compared to what came before though.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    Has this title been good since the spotlight shifted to Sif? I haven't really heard much but if it has Sif AND Bill, it has to be good....right?
    Lady Sif has been an AMAZING lead. It's a female solo series, which is proud to be female BUT doesn't make it "men vs. women". Immonen has mad Sif a powerful, proud, strong lead; and her gender is immaterial. It's been GLORIOUS! The art is fantastic, hilarious and beautiful; I cannot praise it enough. Try the first TPB; you won't be disappointed!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    Its been amazing! Its a completely different character with completely different plot but I feel like it still manages to retain the Journey into Mystery feel to it. Also the art is gorgeous. I highly recommend checking it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Lady Sif has been an AMAZING lead. It's a female solo series, which is proud to be female BUT doesn't make it "men vs. women". Immonen has mad Sif a powerful, proud, strong lead; and her gender is immaterial. It's been GLORIOUS! The art is fantastic, hilarious and beautiful; I cannot praise it enough. Try the first TPB; you won't be disappointed!
    The only thing that could have made it better would be if Immonen had brought back Sif's boon companion Hildegarde.

I agree with what's been said, this run's been fantastic! The story is fun and engaging and Schiti is fantastic at facial expressions. Generally, this book has a lighter feel to it but that's part of what I loved about it. It's a shame it's winding down to the end though. I was really enjoying the chemistry between Sif and Bill. These panels… haha. xD