Default Exclusive Comics Preview: Superman Unchained #3

Quote Originally Posted by brik-el View Post
    Thanks brik-el! Looks interesting.
    "You know Lois...we could go back to the farm and take a walk. I could give you Clark Kent's tour of the galaxy." - Clark Kent, SV S09e10.

Well, Clark is about to get his ass kicked all over Utah...

Now this preview alone is reading much more exciting than the first two issues. Hope it keeps up.

It's been too early to call, but if #3 is as enjoyable as the first two issues have been, this will be my new most-looked-forward-to book on my pull list

I love Lee's Luthor

This looks freaking awesome. As much as I've been enjoying Lobdell's Superman title that connects the entire Super-Family, I'm glad DC Comics has been able to have a true solo Superman title.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 08-19-2013 at 06:58 PM.

I still have a feeling that this creature was deployed to Japan in '45 to try and stop the bomb, rather being the source of the destruction.

Thanks for the preview. This looks good. But the horror continues with this book listing Matt Idelson as the Group Editor.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still have a feeling that this creature was deployed to Japan in '45 to try and stop the bomb, rather being the source of the destruction.
    nope the kid witnessed the bomb shell split apart and he was INSIDE it, he Was the bomb

I really don't get the hype for this book? There's nothing going on in it that's not in Superman and Action, it's just another Superman book (not that that's a bad thing :D)? So why do the other two get shit on while this ones hyped to all hell? It's all the same Superman (Finally).

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I really don't get the hype for this book? There's nothing going on in it that's not in Superman and Action, it's just another Superman book (not that that's a bad thing :D)? So why do the other two get shit on while this ones hyped to all hell? It's all the same Superman (Finally).
    Scott Snyder, DC's new rising popular writer, and Jim Lee, well established and popular comic book artist. (Would Snyder still be considered rising?) I don't sh*t on the other books though, I've been enjoying them even though a few issues of them have been hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Action Comics was fantastic till Morrison left and put the book in limbo and currently the book is just filler with Lobdell right now. Superman is a alright book but is strained by the crossovers and people don't even try it due to it being written by Scott Lobdell, who is constantly trashed on in this board for whatever reason. It's obvious Unchained is appreciated more because like Angelo said, it's written by the current highest selling DC writer Scott Snyder with the already popular artist Jim Lee.

I'm sure Action Comics will do a lot better when Greg Pak comes on(or at least after villains month) and I am also sure Superman will be better when Lobdell does a less confusing arc than the whole Hive storyline.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Scott Snyder, DC's new rising popular writer, and Jim Lee, well established and popular comic book artist. (Would Snyder still be considered rising?) I don't sh*t on the other books though, I've been enjoying them even though a few issues of them have been hit or miss.
    At least for myself, the characterization of Lois (and more importantly the dynamic between Clark/Superman and Lois) went away after both Morrison and Perez and with it a lot of the core spine/heart of the story for me. Yes, he was doing things but he wasn't really all that fleshed out in an of himself after those two authors and with an exception here of there I couldn't get into the story as a result. Unchained is the one book (so far and currently) that seems to be at least advertised to have at least the dynamic back in place. You don't have to have it romantic to get me to read it, it just has to have them interacting in more than just a tengential, after the fact design.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraWoman View Post
    At least for myself, the characterization of Lois (and more importantly the dynamic between Clark/Superman and Lois) went away after both Morrison and Perez and with it a lot of the core spine/heart of the story for me. Yes, he was doing things but he wasn't really all that fleshed out in an of himself after those two authors and with an exception here of there I couldn't get into the story as a result. Unchained is the one book (so far and currently) that seems to be at least advertised to have at least the dynamic back in place. You don't have to have it romantic to get me to read it, it just has to have them interacting in more than just a tengential, after the fact design.
    I thought Lobdell did an enjoyable Lois Lane story in his Superman Annual #2, although it doesn't really focus on the interaction between Lois Lane and Superman/Clark Kent. It's more of a Lois Lane focused issue with Superman and Clark Kent making a guest appearance. Lobdell does capture a lot of Lois' inner thoughts about both Superman and Clark Kent that I really liked. It's worth a read if you haven't picked it up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    nope the kid witnessed the bomb shell split apart and he was INSIDE it, he Was the bomb
    What I'm suggesting though is that was an entirely different plane on another mission entirely, and he was just hiding inside a bomb shell.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-20-2013 at 08:26 PM.