Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    He is but not from the outset. You should get the trade by Grevioux it's great.

Appreciated. Will do.

BANNED

Comicvine gave it a 4 out of 5. Thats saying something right?
    Yea much better than newsrama review

In it's own way, it's kinda racist to read a book just to support and highlight black/minority characters, but I'm so there. I grew up on the X-verse where all the black dudes are killed, depowered or made into villains (and not the sympathetic kind) so this should be an interesting and fresh book for me.

I hate Land, but it should be fine unless Ewing is a god-awful writer.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    In it's own way, it's kinda racist to read a book just to support and highlight black/minority characters
    Could you please go into the X-men forum and state that same fact to those who support the all women X-men book.

They need your enlightenment as well. because that book is sexist. reading a book because it features all women.

Bah!
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Could you please go into the X-men forum and state that same fact to those who support the all women X-men book.

They need your enlightenment as well. because that book is sexist. reading a book because it features all women.

Bah!
    Lol yeah Racist to support a minority book but all white books well nothing wrong with that
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Bah!
    Lol sometimes I think people dont know what the word means I really do..

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Lol yeah Racist to support a minority book but all white books well nothing wrong with that
    I was just about to post this. The need for accomodation is thick!

No. Bullshit is pretending that race isnt an added burden to these thi ngs. Its a mantra for people who dont like brown people in their books.

In other words Blade is real good at accomodating white guilt.
    I think you mean "the comfortable White Status-quo", not "White Guilt."

Bah!

Got ma' popcorn ready for that show.
    Last edited by Booshman; 08-19-2013 at 10:49 PM.

In it's own way, it's kinda racist to read a book just to support and highlight black/minority characters
    What a ridiculous assertion. It's like the classic bitching about how affirmative action is racism, or "reverse racism," or whatever. Promoting diversity is not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    I think you mean "the comfortable White Status-quo", not "White Guilt."

Thanks for that correction its quite late and im half sleep. :D

Because what we are really talking about is the institutionalized racism.
    Last edited by Moose100; 08-19-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmon View Post
    To be fair I dont care much for jim lee either but from what I heard land art is pretty good here.
    I don't either, never saw the fuse over him

It is and given how Marvel/Dc do lately he'll be on it for 1 arc at present time which is either 3 or 4 issues and then onto the next artist for a break
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    What a ridiculous assertion. It's like the classic bitching about how affirmative action is racism, or "reverse racism," or whatever. Promoting diversity is not racist.
    I just mean wouldn't it have been better if Marvel had just presented this cast, presented the X-Women cast without hoopla or even acknowledgement of the socio-political statement they were making?

Just present it as Mighty Avengers and say nothing else, if you really want to make a statement.

Make no mistake though, I'm not apologizing for supporting diversity. Racism was the wrong word. I meant that there was an honest bias, in the way I, I in particular, am coming onto the book. It's got a group of minorities getting to be heroes and I never get to see that. It's got an immediate edge in terms of trying to get me to buy it because of the color of a majority of the cast. Unless it's just horrifically, objectively horrible, I'm putting money down for this book.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Not sure how no marketing helps.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I just mean wouldn't it have been better if Marvel had just presented this cast, presented the X-Women cast without hoopla or even acknowledgement of the socio-political statement they were making?

Just present it as Mighty Avengers and say nothing else, if you really want to make a statement.

Make no mistake though, I'm not apologizing for supporting diversity. Racism was the wrong word. I meant that there was an honest bias, in the way I, I in particular, am coming onto the book. It's got a group of minorities getting to be heroes and I never get to see that. It's got an immediate edge in terms of trying to get me to buy it because of the color of a majority of the cast. Unless it's just horrifically, objectively horrible, I'm putting money down for this book.
    Tough to say. The truth is, an all-female X-Men book actually is pretty notable, so it was worth mentioning. But Marvel actually did do a really good job at explaining why it wasn't a gimmick, but that the reason for the team that came together was going to make sense. (And Wood also pointed out that the women have always been the best part of the X-Men anyway.) With Mighty Avengers, again, the fact that it's such a diverse cast is worth pointing out, simply because it's so unusual. But again, Marvel is also doing a good job at stressing that it's not a gimmick, and that the team's membership makes sense in the context of the story being told.

And I think addressing the socio-political aspect is also a good idea. Comic books weren't shy about speaking about politics in the past. They should continue to do so. Especially since doing anything like that is going to get publicity, and given what a niche market comic books have become these days - The Avengers movie made $1.5 billion, and the Avengers comic is lucky to break 100 000 copies each month - I'm inclined to think that any publicity comics get is going to wind up being good publicity.

Hey its late we are all making mistakes. I think the main thing is that there is nothing wrong with that. Having all minority or women teams that people somehow complain about. But somehow having all white teams is a ok. What I mean is one is made to undo the status quo. People forget this when complaining about this recent trend. The reasons behind their existence is hardly equivalent.