Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Which Marvel Outer Space Epic Crossover is Your Favorite?

Which Marvel Outer Space Epic Crossover is Your Favorite?

Marvel's latest crossover, Infinity, continues Marvel Comics' strong legacy of outer space epic crossovers. Which of Marvel's past outer space epic crossovers was your favorite?

Vote on the poll here.

Pangalactic Gargleblaster W0NK042's Avatar

Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest/Thanos Imperative - The real Nova + Guardians of the Galaxy. 'Nuff said.
    No I don't look sick, but then, you don't look dumb.

Change.Org - Bring Back Richard Rider

I'm going to assume the Captain Marvel/Thanos War means the 1970s stuff and includes the Adam Warlock Saga. If so, that's my vote.

Annihilation as runner-up.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Infinity Gauntlet is going to win by a landslide.
    It was done well enough, but it was also easy to get into from every aspect of fandom by including the marketable heroes and making it work.
    Annihilation is a tougher sell, even if it's better, because you almost have to be a cosmic fan first to have read those (in general).

Infinity Gauntlet, Annihilation, Kree-Skrull War, Captain Marvel/Thanos War, War of Kings, Annihilation Conquest, Operation Galactic Storm, Infinity War
    By Faltine and Ikonn and Dark Valtorr -- By Seraphim, Denak, and Raggadorr -- By Dormammu, Watoomb, and Cyttorak!

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by []D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite View Post
    Rom: Spaceknight
    If you never read ROM, a title that ended 25 years ago, how would you know what the 'Dire Wraith War' was?!?
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Annihilation, hands down. Operation Galactic Storm comes in close second, so I voted for it, because it'll have less votes than Annihilation. I like Infinity Gauntlet, but not as much as many do, and I hate the "everything goes back to the way it was and most of the shocking scenes of the story never acctually happened" cliches. That said, it has beautiful George Perez art and a lot of great scenes and moments, so how bad could it be? War of Kings, Dire Wraith War, Thanos Imperative and Krre-Skrull war all also recieve a lot of love from me, the others, a little bit less.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    If you never read ROM, a title that ended 25 years ago, how would you know what the 'Dire Wraith War' was?!?
    A number of the others in that poll are nearly just as old or older, plus both the Dire Wraiths and the Spaceknights still play a role in the Marvel Universe.

Plus, like the others, it's easy to research if one wants to find out more about the Dire Wraith War:

http://www.comics101.com/comics101/?...101&chapter=83
    http://www.comics101.com/comics101/?...101&chapter=84
    http://www.comics101.com/comics101/?...101&chapter=85

Hey CBR, no offense, but how could you do a poll of Marvel's greatest space wars and leave out "The (Original) Phoenix Saga," "X-Men" 97-105 & 107-108? To me that's the best, with everything from a mind-controlled Havok and Polaris to an alien manipulated Juggernaut and Magneto to ... what am I forgetting ... oh yeah, Jean Grey KNIGHTS THE FREAKIN' UNIVERSE BACK TOGETHER! Plus the badass battle between the X-Men and Starjammers vs. the Imperial Guard.

Honestly I loved War of Kings almost as much as the 3 Annihilation books (I consider Thanos Imperative to be the 3rd act of the Annihilation trilogy).

Infinity Gauntlet

John Baker

Quote Originally Posted by []D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite View Post
    Rom: Spaceknight
    Same. My vote went to "Dire Wraith War." It's the only one of these that was properly built up with character development.

I love the classic Infinity Gauntlet and wish we would see more of the Infinity Watch team. I think some people forget where Drax and Gamora came from before Guardians. Pip was great in X-Factor. I hope he, Warlock, and Moondragon show up again soon.

Infinity Gauntlet
    Annihilation
    Galactic Storm
    War Of Kings
    Annihilation:Conquest
    Thanos Imperative
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.