Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

ah tnaks for clearing it up.
    Pull List: ASM AvSM Daredevil Cap Winter Soldier Hawkeye Avengers NA SA Defenders WatXM UXM X-Force Action Comics Batman Inc. Animal Man Swamp Thing JLD Fatale

Extra Terrestial Lifeform Bazooka Tooth's Avatar

Is the list updated?

Come to think offit..maybe some guy can you know put stars(*) or somn to kinda like represent it as a MUST READ or a MUST HAVE kinda thing you know.

It's just a suggestion tho. hahaha.

I try to keep it updated, though I can't really say for how much longer as my interest in comics has waned quite a bit. But I should still be following Vertigo for a while longer. You can know how recently the list was updated by date near the top of the web page.

You asking for some kind of recommendation indicator on the list itself?

I'm not going to do that because it's too subjective. Such as lots of people like Preacher, and I absolutely hated it. Everyone has different tastes and like different things, and while there are some classic Vertigo titles, there really isn't anything absolutely crucial to read before enjoying another Vertigo title. Besides, I haven't read ALL Vertigo books to even make a personal recommendation as to which ones are definitely better than others.

Sometimes trades are not numbered, or they don't collect all issues or in order. I started the list for myself to sort through the confusion because I kept forgetting which trades contained which issues, such as Hellblazer. I thought others might benefit from such an inclusive list, so I put it on the web. The point of the list is to just list out all the trades in order and what issues they contain so you know what to look for if you want to buy them.

Extra Terrestial Lifeform Bazooka Tooth's Avatar

ahhhh point noted. it's all good tho.

Great List! But I think you did leave out Hellblazer: Stations of the Cross. And some Fables titles as well.

LOL, i was just about to post a message asking if someone could post all the trade titles of sandman and lucifer morningstar(love that name:D ) and here i stumble onto this list already here, thanx dude.
    "All your bases are belong to us"

there is some trades that i really want but im going to get preacher at the moment.

I've considered picking up Hellblazer for quite some time, but I can never seem to fully convince myself it's worth the dough.

More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1_2_3[Kasady] View Post
    I've considered picking up Hellblazer for quite some time, but I can never seem to fully convince myself it's worth the dough.
    Well, some of it is, and some of it isn't.

I.e. Delano's run - from what I've seen, worth it

Ennis's run - except for Son of Man, more than worth it

Ellis - yup

Azzarello - just get Hard Time and stop there
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

- "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

- "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

- "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

Opinions will vary though. I thought Delano's run was largely mediocre

BANNED

Awesome list. Very useful for a big Vertigo fan as myself, especially since I hate having incomplete runs in my trade collection.
    So far I've got all of Sandman, The Invisibles, Animal Man, Death and a few other assorted vertigo trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkmeister View Post
    Awesome list. Very useful for a big Vertigo fan as myself, especially since I hate having incomplete runs in my trade collection.
    So far I've got all of Sandman, The Invisibles, Animal Man, Death and a few other assorted vertigo trades.
    You should add in Fables, 100 Bullets and Y:The Last Man into your collection, mate..They're awesome stuff.
    And although it isn't a trade, i also suggest Pride of Baghdad. A masterpiece!!

BANNED

I do have Fables in my set as well as Preacher...I don't know which ones to go for first. It's a tough but fun call...

Dear lord, this needs an update...

What does "OGN" stand for?

Thanks!
    "-What power would hell have if those imprisoned here would not be able to dream of heaven?"