Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

There is also the Vertigo: First Bite trade that just came out. Though I've read most of the stories in it, I picked it up anyways. Just five bucks a pop; seemed a good way to introduce some of comics best work to friends.

I thought i'd bump this for myself and for others as it's a pretty useful resource.. Perhaps it should be stickied?

The updated Vertigo Mega Trades List can be found here:
    http://cbd.netfirms.com/vertigo/vertigoTP.html

Don't know how long I'll keep maintaining the list, but for now, it's updated with trades that will be release in Oct.

There's also an Adventures of the Rifle Brigade TPB.

Adventures of the Rifle Brigade has now been added.

Here's a bump to alert the list has been updated with known trades to be released up to the end of the year.
    I just want to make sure I'm not maintaining this list for nothing and that at least someone's using it.

UPP!! this is a useful thread

was morrison on for the whole 89 issues of animal man? And why only 3 trades for the title?
    talk hard

Great thread. Now that I've stopped buying monthly titles, I can catch up on the Vertigo books.

Quote Originally Posted by riftt
    was morrison on for the whole 89 issues of animal man? And why only 3 trades for the title?
    Nope - Morrison did 26 issues plus a story in Secret Origins, which are collected in the 3 trades. The next 6 issues were a fantastic story by Peter Milligan which deserves to be collected too.

It goes downhill after that

Quote Originally Posted by dancj
    Nope - Morrison did 26 issues plus a story in Secret Origins, which are collected in the 3 trades. The next 6 issues were a fantastic story by Peter Milligan which deserves to be collected too.

It goes downhill after that
    Let me step in and defend Delano's run. He took over after the Tom Veitch run that followed Milligan (which was pretty lightweight, but featured cool Steve Dillon art). This was six months before the Vertigo launch, and DC switched the title to Mature Readers so Delano could tie up loose ends and prepare for the switch to Vertigo. His run was wild and over the top, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Prosser run which followed it until the title ended was truly bad, IMO.
    Mark Sullivan
    Why not check out my blog: http://mrvertigocomics.wordpress.com/

Does the repint of History of Violence count as Vertigo? Might be a good one to pick up w/ the movie coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSullivan
    Let me step in and defend Delano's run. He took over after the Tom Veitch run that followed Milligan (which was pretty lightweight, but featured cool Steve Dillon art). This was six months before the Vertigo launch, and DC switched the title to Mature Readers so Delano could tie up loose ends and prepare for the switch to Vertigo. His run was wild and over the top, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Prosser run which followed it until the title ended was truly bad, IMO.
    Delano's run had it's moments, particularly in the earlier part of his run, but it got very silly by the end. Even at its best though it wasn't up there with Morrision and Milligan's runs

More Donald than Charlie stealthwise's Avatar

Anyone know where Volume 0 of Transmetropolitan fits in the order of the series? Thanks.
    - Art is whatever makes you feel human.

- "You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman

- "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

- "Acquiescence. It's not so hard, really. You. Just. Give. In." - Col. Ives

Volume 0 is a series of columns written by Spider Jerusalem which could be written almost anywhere during the run. It really doesn't matter when or if you read this.