Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Anyone knows if Swamp thing tpb volume 1 new edition has the same ugly and lame paper of some Vertigo titles, like Sweet Tooth?

Thanks

Wish they would keep collecting Swamp Thing (Vol. 2) in trades.
    I think they currently stop at issue 81, and it's such a pain hunting down loose issues.

And still no Absolute Swamp Thing???

WTF

Yeahp, still just printed on a newsprint-like stock.
    Really disappointed by that myself.

Anyone know if DC plans to collect Scalped in HCs like YtLM style?

Is there any way to get ahold of anyone at DC to ask? Jason Aaron doesn't seem to have twitter and he closed his old board.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by 400yrs View Post
    Anyone know if DC plans to collect Scalped in HCs like YtLM style?

Is there any way to get ahold of anyone at DC to ask? Jason Aaron doesn't seem to have twitter and he closed his old board.
    Just a few weeks ago Vertigo announced their Spring 2013 releases and Scalped Deluxe editions were not mentioned. I really want to read it also, but like you in deluxe format. I guess we'll have to be more patient.

I put the chances at slim for a Scalped Deluxe. While critically acclaimed, it was not a very high seller. I'd love to see it, and would be all over it, but I'm guessing my trades will be on my shelf for a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Just a few weeks ago Vertigo announced their Spring 2013 releases and Scalped Deluxe editions were not mentioned. I really want to read it also, but like you in deluxe format. I guess we'll have to be more patient.
    I read it. I read it in singles. I also have the trades through vol 7 for re-reading, but ideally, I'd like to be able to get rid of the trades and covert them into HCs. Was hoping I could stop buying the trades, but it looks like that is a negative.

It's really a fantastic series that is worthy of several re-reads which is why I like the HC format.
    Pull List Saga, Invincible, Walking Dead, Chew, Peter Panzerfaust, Superior Spidey, Animal Man, Aquaman, Harbinger, X-O Manowar

BANNED

Can someone update this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Can someone update this list?
    I second this motion as its a long way out of date now.

Does Vertigo typically do deluxe editions? I'm really wanting to pick up the American Vampire series, but I'd love to have them in deluxe with added material to them. Their spring solicits only call for Vol 5, and I imagine Snyder's success on Batman is causing previous volumes to continue to sell, so a deluxe may not be worth them doing if they're still milking the regular hardcover.

Any thoughts on that?

Typically only if the book is a massive seller. See, Y, Preacher, Fables, 100 Bullets, etc. American Vampire already releases in hardcover, and as purty as a Scalped hardcover would be I seriously doubt it would be financially viable.

BUT they are starting to release post-Morrison Animal Man in trade so that'll be exciting.. if they continue through to the Delano run. Which they won't.

Culé Forever

Hello guys,

Would it be possible to update the first post of this topic with all the new stuff?

Would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks a lot!

My American Vampire Vol. 5 HC arrived in the post today and they've changed the covers to glossy paper. I know it doesn't matter that they all match etc but why change at this point?
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

The list is very lengthy...

OK, so DC finally decides (or appears to anyway) to collect the entire Hellblazer run. Now, obviously they're going to half-ass it and o it tpb and not hc, but whatever. So, they get on a roll and actually start collecting it. Vol 5 comes out last week. I scoot on over to Amazon to check on the Vol 6 release date and the description. And it says: "Collects issues 47-50, 52-55 and 59-61"
    So, in other words, DC is back to half-assing it and isn't going to really collect this whole run in order?