Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Phantom Blot of Earth-Z Phantom Blot's Avatar

Hmmm... Five out of ten, no, maybe 6 out of ten.

Not my cup of tea, the anime-style art and over-emphasis reliance on killing and violence. But I enjoyed seeing the Rogues (briefly) and always have interest in alternate worlds/timelines. This one tended to get a bit carried away but on the whole was entertaining and often surprising (to someone not familiar with the comics original). But too dark to win my complete accolades, simply not what I want in a DC comic book movie with these characters.

And it's a shame the fighting femmes were almost entirely ignored apart from Wondie. I missed Zatanna, Batgirl, Supergirl, Hawkgirl, Catwoman, Black Canary -- too much a boy's club, this one.
    Ego Ipse Custodes Custudio

I thought it was good. Worth owning for me.

I see a number of people complaining about the Flash changing the world so drastically by saving his mom. Yeah that seems like a rather small event to effect the entire world. I see it more like throwing a stone in a pool of water. One little disturbance can cause ripples expanding to every corner of the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    I see a number of people complaining about the Flash changing the world so drastically by saving his mom. Yeah that seems like a rather small event to effect the entire world. I see it more like throwing a stone in a pool of water. One little disturbance can cause ripples expanding to every corner of the pool.
    I can see one tiny event changing the future. But it going back and changing the past too? Like decades back stuff not happening to Jay Gerrick either, seems a little random. And if that's what happened, How does Zoom even exist? We already know two people can't use the Speed force and still travel in time. This world was created by Barry's arrival here after which Barry woke up at his desk as his Flashpoint self except for the ring in his pocket with Zoom put there evidently knowing exactly at what point years after his mother was saved his memories would return. Zoom is from the future right? A future that definitely doesn't exist anymore. Zoom doesn't even have any memory problems while Barry has to nigh kill himself to get the Speed Force back and Wally is clueless. He just exists to explain this stuff.
    "I like reading about the JGS sometimes. It reminds me when The Three Stooges masqueraded as professors." - godzilla2099

Quote Originally Posted by LifeFirst View Post
    In the JLU Flash was nothing but a comedy relief character. In Flashpoint Paradox they actually gave the character something to work with instead of cracking silly jokes, he was much closer to the comics here than ever.
    Wally showed more character, more heart, more everything in 3 minutes of JLU than Barry did in an hour and a half feature film. Its not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHeater View Post
    Wally showed more character, more heart, more everything in 3 minutes of JLU than Barry did in an hour and a half feature film. Its not even close.

Oh you mean that one scene that's a direct homage to Barry Allen in COIE. Yeah not even original.

I loved it. Right up there with Under The Red Hood for me.

Strange to see so many squeamish people in here. I wonder how you go about telling a story about Armageddon without anyone dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blot View Post
    And it's a shame the fighting femmes were almost entirely ignored apart from Wondie
    Why would Hawkgirl or Catwoman even matter in this story?

I thought it was great overall, but there were a few points that I think could have been better. I would have liked to have seen Martha/Joker explored more (or at all?), and what's the deal with the gargantuan necks? I think there was one scene where Aquaman's neck was wider than his head...

EDIT: Also (somewhat spoilery), the part about Barry saving his mom was just... done badly. Unless the version I got is missing a scene, he goes running off after the events at the Flash Museum, then wakes up in the Flashpoint Universe. As someone who hasn't read the books, I was completely lost until Zoom explained why everything changed, and even then I was thinking 'when did that happen'?
    Last edited by CjP; 08-17-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    ...Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

I liked the film. I would imagine people would be more brutul is end of the world settings.

Also, it shows how the JL, via years of friendship & teamwork, actually does reinforces the humanity within each member.

Without the bomnds of friendship, they were all a bunch of monsters.

Damn, Aquaman tapped Mera & Wonder Woman....and they fought over him to the death....go head Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Oh you mean that one scene that's a direct homage to Barry Allen in COIE. Yeah not even original.
    A great adaptation picks and chooses the best elements from the source material. It may even meld certain personalities together!

Great scene regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind Dinamo View Post
    A recap on what this movie was about

This is all the good parts in one 2:55 video. Now you don't have to watch the movie and actively spend the entire time trying to take it seriously, plus, Wonder Woman wins for once!!!

I think the film was missing exactly one scene. It needed a moment during the final battle where Lois Lane's camera broadcast live, and Barry's mom got to see him in action and realize the kind of man he turned out to be. Other than that I think it hit all the notes it needed to to be a solid film. I loved seeing the Aqua-gang from Young Justice(Garth, Tula, Kaldur). Absolutely LOVED Zoom's speech about how BARRY was the one responsible for everything going wrong.

I did not like the art style. Aquaman especially was just ridiculous.

Also, I think this signals a change for DC Animated will be doing from here on out. Just like in the comic universe, from here on out the animated movies will be in the post Flashpoint continuity with Wildstorm characters now having been there the whole time.

I really enjoyed it and the very end is setting up for the next movie which should be awesome:)

Loved it as a stand alone - it was grim and bloody. Not like the silly Batman won't kill nonsense.

Minor quibbles - I do think Aquaman's fleet might have been easily taken out. A rain of modern nukes would be more effective than just Hal. I doubt a monster could stop a full on antishipping missile attack. I also thought WW handled Capt. Thunder to easily.

I would have liked to have seen more of the Amazons and Wonder Woman characters given greater characterization and actual names. On Aquaman's side we saw Vulko, Ocean Master, Black Manta, Tempest, Aqualad, Tula, and Mera. For Wonder Woman's Amazons, I would have liked to have seen Artemis, Philippus, Donna, Alkyone, and even Hippolyta. I would have liked to have seen some of Wonder Woman's traditional foes as well like Giganta, Cheetah, Silver Swan, and Circe. With Wonder Woman having such a major role in the film, I'm surprised more of her supporting cast and her foes were featured as much.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."