Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: X-Men, #3

Brian Wood and Olivier Coipel's "X-Men" #3 slows a bit in the conclusion of the war between Sublime and Arkea, but it also feels like this is just the first part in a much larger story too.

Full review here.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

disagree with the review, the last thing we need is more pages of Rogue exposition.

In fact, why is she even talking? I certainly don't require that character fleshing out any denouement for me.
    Last edited by Pixie_Solanas; 07-31-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    disagree with the review, the last thing we need is more pages of Rogue exposition.

In fact, why is she even talking? I certainly don't require that character fleshing out any denouement for me.
    Bigotry is soooooooooo unbecoming. :-p

Well, haven't read the issue yet, but the fact that it's not a 5-star is enough. Please, keep reviewing this title, mister.

I could've sworn this book was delayed out of respect for someone over at Marvel that died. This review makes it sound as if it was planned around artist rotations?
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

So based on the outrageous curve CBR has used when grading this book, this must be more like a 2.5 star issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Doudoul Tala View Post
    So based on the outrageous curve CBR has used when grading this book, this must be more like a 2.5 star issue?
    Still better than the 4 star curve Bendis gets.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I could've sworn this book was delayed out of respect for someone over at Marvel that died. This review makes it sound as if it was planned around artist rotations?
    It's both. http://comicsbeat.com/woodcoipels-x-...-moved-to-may/

this ending didnt feel like an ending at all. is it possible that this was initially meant to be a longer arc, but it got cut short because of the delay of the title and the "day of the atom" crossover?

i like the way wood writes the characters and slowly builds subplots, but arkea and sublime so far have terribly opaque motives. even the x-men comment on how nonsensical all this racing around the globe is. i guess we might get a proper explanation somewhere down the line, but for now, it all seems a little pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Still better than the 4 star curve Bendis gets.
    seriously.

o

Quote Originally Posted by kingderella View Post
    this ending didnt feel like an ending at all. is it possible that this was initially meant to be a longer arc, but it got cut short because of the delay of the title and the "day of the atom" crossover?
    Honestly, I'm not sure what the best way to end a fight with sentient bacteria would be anyway. At least, not without using some sort of shrinking plot device. So, I think this is as good an ending as I'd expect to get here.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McElhatton View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

A guy who loves comics Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

The first two issues of this series were pretty great, but this one is just ok. It had some good character beats, but the pacing was kinda wonky. It also seemed to just stop as opposed to end. It was really quite underwhelming.

But still, this book's in good hands, and I look forward to reading it.

I'm seriously bugged about a lot of things that might be nitpicky but make it hard for me to read this book without thinking about them.

Why is Jubilee normal again? she's not a vamp or a mutant either apparently and there is no reference to wot happened.

Also where and how did she get ahold of this baby? it's obviously not hers so this is basically kidnapping which is kind of creepy in and of itself.

Arkema's power set is kind of confusing.. if she can control technology and inhabit it then why was she in a normal baby?

This isn't Coipels best work by a longshot honestly some of it feels rushed with lack of backgrounds and faces.

I hate Storm's Mohawk i wish people would get over that-the first time she did it was actually explained and even then the editors back then agreed it was a dumb mistake.

Pixie's Long-Lost Partner

I'm enjoying seeing some of the New X-Men from Yost's run making a comeback.