Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Captain Midnight, #1

"Captain Midnight" #1 has Joshua Williamson and Fernando kick off an ongoing series (after a "Dark Horse Presents" introduction), and this time-displaced hero's outing feels solid if average.

Full review here.

Twitter - @StarMan_NES StarMan_NES's Avatar

I ordered this book online from Midtowncomics.com and I can't wait to get it in, this looks like it's going to be a real winner for me and something I can fully get behind. I'm so sick of Marvel and DC and have been for years and it's time for me to branch out and see what Dark Horse has to offer in the way of superheroes, so color me excited and eager to dive on in on Captain Midnight, Ghost, and X this summer with hopes that all of these books will stick around as ongoing titles and not mini's (if I like them, of course).

Twitter - @StarMan_NES StarMan_NES's Avatar

So I'm taking it that the Dark Horse hero line isn't all that popular at the moment seeing as how nobody is discussing it. Bummer...
    The iconic character from the NES game Pro Wrestling has arrived on Twitter @StarMan_NES! Follow or get a "star kick", make a choice.....

Comics buff TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar

I kind of want to give this book a shot, all of the Dark Horse superhero line looks pretty good but I'm afraid to jump into it just to have Dark Horse cancel them due to poor sales. So far the books don't seem to have a big fan base, sadly....
    Reading Dynamite pulp titles and Dark Horse superhero books.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "Captain Midnight" #1 has Joshua Williamson and Fernando kick off an ongoing series (after a "Dark Horse Presents" introduction), and this time-displaced hero's outing feels solid if average.
    I'd say that's a failry accurate description. Maybe above average as most comics aren't really that solid. Writing, artwork, coloring... nothing spectacular, but nothing distractingly, confusingly bad and over the top either. The only thing that didn't make sense was when traitorous agents reveal themselves, they all have glowing green skulls and no one reacts an iota to it, not even the man out of time.
    Check out my Golden-age encyclopedia: www.herogoggles.com