Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been really enjoying the book and also picked up all 3 issues last week, Sean Murphy's doing a great job with the art by making it gritty and yet beautiful at the same time.

I couldn't help but notice though that there are many similarities to the Animal Planet fake documentary they did called "Mermaids, The Body Found".

Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    I'm glad y'all pointed those out, I missed them. I was organizing all of my comics and realized that all of the covers are connected. I wonder if Murphy has already drawn all 10, or if he gives himself something to work with each month, but draws them monthly.
    I totally didn't even notice! really cool!
    Who hates the haters?
    |PLAY LIST> Daredevil, Batman, SSM, Invincible, Walking Dead, Batgirl, Pretty Deadly, Animal Man, FBP, Lazarus, UC S-M
    |BONUS TRACKS> The Wake, Trillium

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Just reread this today, such a great issue. The pacing has been so furious to this point, I feel like issue 4 or 5 has to shift to one of the other time periods.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    I googled 52-hertz whale and now my brain is going to explode.
    Wow.. yeah. I thought it was just some crap he made up. Very cool.

Such an amazing book so far!

Doooooood, The Wake is so bomb, I love the jumping around in time, I love the full scope of the world it covers but more than anything else......Sean Murphy's art is some of the best Comics has Ever witnessed. The out of the box thinking of Murphy makes ME think he must be related to Kirby somehow.

TomStewDevine - I say yes to Comics.

A Comic Book Look: Our Weekly TV Show on Comics

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    It really is. But Snyder is doing some heavy lifting as well. I googled 52-hertz whale and now my brain is going to explode.
    As I had suspected, Snyder bases most of his stuff off of historical information. He'll hear about something, save it away in his memory for later and then pull it out and meld the truth with fiction. Really intelligently done as well.

I'm assuming that they took last month off and Wake #4 will be out at the end of this month?
    Buy Green Arrow!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Methalius View Post
    I'm assuming that they took last month off and Wake #4 will be out at the end of this month?
    Yeah, September 25th.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There was a Flakk Jackets hat in an earlier issue (the band from Sean Murphy's Punk Rock Jesus) and a poster of Joe from Joe the Barbarian (Murphy's work).
    I caught the PRJ reference from the first issue onwards, but where was the Joe the Barbarian poster?

Next thing you know, there'll be an American Vampire easter egg (Murphy did one of the mini-series)!
    Current Favourites: Animal Man, Batman, Empire of the Dead. Federal Bureau of Physics, Green Arrow, Rogues Rebellion, Swamp Thing, The Wake

Hmm. I think I'll get this. Off to comiXology.