Default How to acquire the skills needed to be come Batman

Wikipedia says that Batmans skills are as follows

Genius-level intellect
    Perak physical and mental conditioning
    Master*martial artist,acrobat, detective, escapologist, strategist, tactician, and marksman*
    Use of high-tech equipment, weapons, armors & gadgets*

Master of stealth*
    Master of disguise*
    Proficient with technology
    Access to vast wealth and criminal records
    Trained computer hacker*
    Photographic memory

Now I know that most of these are self explanatorybut the ones with the * next to then are the ones I'm wondering how you would acquire

Quote Originally Posted by Corrmaz View Post
    Genius-level intellect
    Unfortunately, this one is not acquirable. You either have it or don't. And without it, many of the others become difficult or impossible to attain, especially in combination with each other. This is where the photographic memory also comes in handy -- another thing most people don't have and is not acquirable. At best, most people could choose two or maybe three of those skills and spend the rest of their lives trying to develop them.

I kind of prefer the original, more human Batman. His skill set was more within human reach. Most of his skill set came from staying in school and taking it seriously. He wasn't some ridiculous monster who was perfect at everything.

Genius-level intellect
    Master*martial artist,acrobat, detective, escapologist, strategist, tactician, and marksman*

Master of stealth*
    Master of disguise*
    Trained computer hacker*
    Photographic memory

Now I know that most of these are self explanatorybut the ones with the * next to then are the ones I'm wondering how you would acquire
    Actually, the ones with the asterisk are also self-explanatory. There's a word in the "TRAINED computer hacker" part that explains it.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Try getting your parents killed to start. Lol

Ted grant and huntress manage without most of that stuff.
    List forgot criminal psycology and forensic sciences.

Resurrect Bill Finger to write your adventures

Are you implying that you want to become Batman in real life?....

Be a fictional character. You need 10,000 hours of practice to trully call yourself a master at something, even if you are a Jack of trades master of none it would take an impossible amount of time, not impossible as in improbable, impossible as in not possible.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Master of stealth*
    Master of disguise*
    Trained computer hacker*

Most of the list of starred skills you can acquire in the advanced specialized training usually available only in military organizations in the real world. In the DCU, Bruve Wayne learned most of those skills from ninja-trained martial artists. Same with the use of the high-tech equipment.

In general, the best person to learn escapology from is a magician.

'Detective' is a hard one, because I think it's more of a combination of that genius-level intellect and good instincts, neither of which can really be trained. Batman has some extensive criminiology skills and forensic analysis skills, but that's just training. You can train to be an adequate detective, but I'm not certain I'd say you could train to be a 'master' one.

Of all the stuff on there, 'master computer hacker' is probably the easiest skill to acquire. I'd put forth, though, that Batman is not a 'master' at it. He's good, but Tim Drake was way better at it than he was. Most of Batman's 'skill' at this is researching his opponent's system, then finding and acquirring tech to defeat said system.

I'd also put it out there that he's not a 'master' acrobat: Dick was way better than he ever was at that particualr skill. Bruce was a good acrobat and his martial arts skills made up for a lot of the specific training he lacked, but Dick had trained in it since he was a little boy.

I would say, though, that Batman's actual 'power' is that he 'learned how to learn'. That critical skill is teachable but it's damn hard to consistantly apply. Someone with the critical thinking skills needed to actually turn training into skill can get by with much less than the '10,000 hours' type thing, because they don't need the constant level of practice most people require. They read something and can immediately apply it. They can extropolate what they just learned, and apply it to other areas. They very quickly pick up the connections between subjects, kind of like how learning one langauge makes learning others far easier because most languages have a consistant underlying structure to them.
    Superhero prose fiction: Corrupts Absolutely?, Heroics, more suggestions at Superheronovels.com

Genius-level intellect

Master of stealth*
    Master of disguise*
    Trained computer hacker*
    Photographic memory

Now I know that most of these are self explanatory but the ones with the * next to then are the ones I'm wondering how you would acquire
    Plus being a magician or illusionist or what ever you want to call it, and escape artist.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Batman's greatest skill is 'being a comic book hero'. That means the world around him caters to his need to succeed; bad guys will never attack him with greater numbers than he can handle or with weapons he wasn't expecting, no one will look under his mask or try to follow the Batmobile and see where it goes, the bad guys will monologue thier master plans and leave him in an escapable death trap rather than shoving a grenade in his mouth and pulling the pin, etc, etc... a 'Batman' in the real world wouldn't last a week, I imagine.
    ...Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

You can't.