View Poll Results: Should Lois figure out Batman's ID in the sequel?

Voters
67. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

21 31.34%
  • No

33 49.25%
  • Do not care either way

13 19.40%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Should Lois figure out Batman's ID in the sequel?

Should Lois figure out Batman's ID in the sequel?
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

This is not like he comics where Lois did not even figure out Superman's ID. Amy/Lois figured Superman's ID in 1 minute in the movie. She can figure out Batman's ID in just as much time - not taking too much away from the movie screentime-wise.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

The only reason that it was even a big thing for her to find out Clark's ID was because his secret ID is not very good in a realistic way. It was a nice suspension of disbelief, and a sense of tradition that has kept it alive. But in the real world anyone could put it together.

Batman's secret ID on the other hand can work in a realistic way simply because he has a large mask over his face. This is not even taking into consideration all of the money he could use to keep it a secret.

Bottom line: nobody is really clamoring for Lois to find out because it's not as big of an issue as not knowing that the guy WHO WORKS WITH YOU is Superman.

I vote no.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I would totally get behind this film if in the first scene Batman and Lois are in together, Lois just smirks at Clark and says "Can I take an official statement, Mister Wayne?" or "Jeez Mister Wayne, where do you get all these toys??"

Well, it will be some time before we even know if the plot of the movie will even make this a relevent question. But assuming that it will be, my vote is- no way should Lois discover that Bruce is Batman. She sniffed out Clark's identity because at that time he wasn't even actually Superman yet, and because though she was probably 99% sure by the time she came to Smallville (we don't know exactly what Pete Ross and Martha Kent told her when she visited them), Clark then revealed himself to her at Jonathan's gravesite and removed all doubt. But with Batman (and I'm really hoping for the Batman of all Batmen in this film), he is such a mysterious and elusive figure that Lois will probably be hard after him and even suspect Bruce but he will pull something on her that tricks her and leads her astray, and for the first major time the Pullitzer Prize winning Lois Lane will fail to get her scoop. HOWEVER- I would really like to see a friendship form between Superman and Batman by the film's end, and for Clark to know who Bruce is but make the decision to keep it from Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I would totally get behind this film if in the first scene Batman and Lois are in together, Lois just smirks at Clark and says "Can I take an official statement, Mister Wayne?" or "Jeez Mister Wayne, where do you get all these toys??"
    I would like that too.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The only reason that it was even a big thing for her to find out Clark's ID was because his secret ID is not very good in a realistic way. It was a nice suspension of disbelief, and a sense of tradition that has kept it alive. But in the real world anyone could put it together.

Batman's secret ID on the other hand can work in a realistic way simply because he has a large mask over his face. This is not even taking into consideration all of the money he could use to keep it a secret.

Bottom line: nobody is really clamoring for Lois to find out because it's not as big of an issue as not knowing that the guy WHO WORKS WITH YOU is Superman.

I vote no.
    Valid points but think of it like this. How many people can afford to be Batman with all his techs, specially if he can afford to make the JL satellite clubhouse? Also how many people among them in a city will have a valid very very public reason to become a vigilante like Bruce?
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Valid points but think of it like this. How many people can afford to be Batman with all his techs, specially if he can afford to make the JL satellite clubhouse? Also how many people among them in a city will have a valid very very public reason to become a vigilante like Bruce?
    Isn't that basically how Bane figures out Bruce's identity during Knightfall? I think "general age, height and build" were also in Bane's criteria list too. I also recall one issue where its more or less stated that Gordan suspects Batman's true identity, but that Gordon chooses to not investigate it so he doesn't ever have to lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    Isn't that basically how Bane figures out Bruce's identity during Knightfall? I think "general age, height and build" were also in Bane's criteria list too. I also recall one issue where its more or less stated that Gordan suspects Batman's true identity, but that Gordon chooses to not investigate it so he doesn't ever have to lie about it.
    Yup. As far as I am concerned its much easier to figure out who Batman is than who Superman is. Batman must be a rich person with a vast resource, with some kind of tragedy in life. He must have all the time in the world. So his riches must come from legacy. Superman can be anybody. In fact it won't be illogical to assume he has no secret ID, after all he does not wear a mask.

And Batman does expose his lower face with beards and all. Any recognition software can match his face perfectly.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

I voted yes. I would love to see Lois- and even Clark discover who's behind the mask by investigating :)

Granted, we don't know the specifics of the film yet, but I would love to see that scenario

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Not really. She doesn't even have a vested interest in Batman, like she had with Superman.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Don't care either way. Depends on the story they are trying to tell.

not only did Lois have the hots for Superman she went to visit his family and spent a whole lot of time with him through out the movie, when the same guy comes back wearing glasses and a suit how would she not recognize him, she already saw him as Clark in the farm and he didn't shy away from telling her to leave him alone effectively exposing himself to her

with Bruce, assuming he goes to Metropolis she'll just see another playboy millionaire and Batman with his tone of voice and mask is way harder to tell, plus she won't be trying get boned by him like she was with Superman

I mean there's so many differences that it just wouldn't make sense for her to immediately figure out who Batman is. If you don't like MOS that's fine you don't have to make a hate thread every time news of about Superman movie surface, just let those of us who actually like the movie-verse enjoy it, take your hate to 4chan or some other haters filled forums
    every comic book since the original creators stopped doing them is nothing more than glorified fan-fic

But don't think of him as an idiot.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

This. Anyone with half a brain who did a modicum of research could figure out Bruce is Batman. Even ignoring stuff like taking DNA or fingerprints from discarded Batmobiles (we know from The Green Team #1 that at least one was fished out of the harbor by Commodore Murphy) and the fact that he only covers half of his face, very few people in Gotham would be able to meet all the Bat-criteria. Heck, Hugo Strange figured it out just by realizing he had a tragedy involving crime in his past, and after finding out that it was his parents he knew it was Bruce.

To answer the question, I think she should figure it out (if that needs to even be part of the movie - we don't even know if Lois is in it, although I assume she will be). That should be movie Lois's "thing" - figuring out things that are obvious to the audience but of which everyone in the fictional world is unware. It worked pretty well for Hugo Reyes in Lost.