Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    I'm hoping that this finally gives us a Black Widow book. I'm crossing my fingers for an all-female Avengers team, and a Mockingbird limited series at least, if not an ongoing (seriously, it has been about 42 years; it's about time Bobbi got something of her own).

I'd love to see a sequel series to Secret Warriors, maybe written by Spencer, since he seems to love the characters, so we can see them working now (we know they're working with or for SHIELD but that's about it) and some sort of sequel to Academy that doesn't involve killing the characters.

No more Wolverine, though. And no more books with Iron Man playing a huge part. There are so many interesting characters who could be used, it's just lazy to keep using the same characters in major roles over and over again.
    Wow, I agree with everything. Would love to see Bobbi and Natasha. And I also would like to see an Avengers Solo with the same proposal as before: Avengers active / inactive soil would not have requirements for the stories.
    By Faltine and Ikonn and Dark Valtorr -- By Seraphim, Denak, and Raggadorr -- By Dormammu, Watoomb, and Cyttorak!

How could I forget! I would like to see such evidence:

Doctor Strange
    Black Widow
    New Warriors
    Solo Avengers
    Mockingbird
    Alpha Flight
    Some Russian team that currently exist
    Thunderbolts classics
    By Faltine and Ikonn and Dark Valtorr -- By Seraphim, Denak, and Raggadorr -- By Dormammu, Watoomb, and Cyttorak!

BANNED

omg I SWEAR TO F##K IF THEY RELAUNCH THOR GOD OF THUNDER ANYTIME SOON AND TAKE JASON ARRON OR ESAD RIBIC OFF OF IT I WILL BURN SHIT DOWN

seriously for gods sake please just leave my single favorite book alone, dc already f##ked me over on my favorite dc book by taking ivan reis off aquaman, please dont betray me marvel.... please

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cdgodin View Post
    -Revolutionary War (mini-series) by Andy Lanning & Alan Cowsill (January)
    whats is this about?

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    Who confirmed Parker's return? I'd very much like to know.
    I don't know. That guy posted that picture. No idea where's that from.Told you that those 2 were according to that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    Black Widow solo series please.
    What makes you think this time it is going to work?

X-Factor
    Journey Into Mystery
    Black Widow

Winter Soldier
    Dr. Strange written by Neil Gaiman
    Heroes for Hire

They're my top picks so far for new/relaunched titles that I'd love. I could see myself buying a lot, if not all of these, budget and creative team depending. I'm already planning on checking out Revolutionary War, Amazing X-Men and maybe Mighty Avengers when they're released. And Black Widow would either have to be an awesome spy thriller or told in the same style as Matt Fraction's Hawkeye. Fun and entertaining.

Also, no more $3.99/£3.25 books, and likewise no more Wolverine or Iron Man books, and Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy et all need to move down to $2.99/£2.75 at least.
    Last edited by BaneofKings; 07-23-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Reviews
    Top 5 Marvel: Daredevil, SSM, Avengers Undercover, ANFX, Black Widow | Top 5 DC: Green Arrow, ST, Batman, RL, Phantom Stranger

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Why are folks bothered about Marvel re-launching their higher profile titles? That's NOT going to happen.

I think titles that might be re-launched are lower selling ones like Astonishing X-Men, Scarlet Spider, Winter Solider,X-Factor e.t.c
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Why are folks bothered about Marvel re-launching their higher profile titles? That's NOT going to happen.

I think titles that might be re-launched are lower selling ones like Astonishing X-Men, Scarlet Spider, Winter Solider,X-Factor e.t.c
    Mainly because they've done it before. Renumbered or slightly altered the title in order to go with a new #1. It's mainly a gimmick to build up additional sales. It's like, Oh look Thor is getting cancelled. But they aren't actually going to stop printing Thor, just give him new numbering. They've done this with Uncanny X-Men as well (twice in what, two and a half years?)

Marvel has systematically reset every major title over the last few years. There's nothing left at this point unless you count JiM I guess (it uses one of those gimmicks of retaining numbering from an older series which also annoys me).

It seems like Marvel is slowly moving towards no longer having ongoing titles and will just be relaunching all their major series every time a new big story arc launches. That's fine I guess but it gives me less incentive to collect the books as floppies. Might as well just wait for the trades since they are easier to sort through and organize.
    I knew I'd bury you one day, you sanctimonious, self-righteous pain! -- Lex Luthor

Hey wallet? You may be losing some weight.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    It seems like Marvel is slowly moving towards no longer having ongoing titles and will just be relaunching all their major series every time a new big story arc launches. That's fine I guess but it gives me less incentive to collect the books as floppies. Might as well just wait for the trades since they are easier to sort through and organize.
    It's really gimmicky I agree, but also understandable. A comic's sales go down, and don't go any other way unless there's a relaunch or crossover tie-in, both being only temporary bumps.

I noticed a lot of indie books now will just keep launching a miniseries for a specific story instead of an ongoing. I think that's where the industry is inevitably headed.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    X-Factor
    Journey Into Mystery
    Black Widow

Winter Soldier
    Dr. Strange written by Neil Gaiman
    I think X-Factor and Winter Soldier are most definitely forgone conclusions. JiM has a slim possibility because it brings genre diversity to the line. Black Widow should have happened already. I don't see why they wouldn't have been able to get two years out of BW like they did Rucka's Punisher (including Warzone) or Waid's DD. I think we'll definitely get X-Men Legacy as well. The sales on that book have continued to drop, but the X-Men Legacy name gives you a lot of wiggle room for lead characters much in the way JiM does.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    Mainly because they've done it before. Renumbered or slightly altered the title in order to go with a new #1. It's mainly a gimmick to build up additional sales. It's like, Oh look Thor is getting cancelled. But they aren't actually going to stop printing Thor, just give him new numbering. They've done this with Uncanny X-Men as well (twice in what, two and a half years?)

Marvel has systematically reset every major title over the last few years. There's nothing left at this point unless you count JiM I guess (it uses one of those gimmicks of retaining numbering from an older series which also annoys me).

Well I'm one of the people who's felt that Marvel (and DC) should just transition to a season format. I think that could encourage more complete runs instead of hit it and quit it creative teams or premature cancellations. Guarantee a year's worth. If it does well enough renew it for another guaranteed 12-16 issues.

I can see that being a headache for collectors though.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I demand:
    H4H - 2.99 price!
    Spider-Woman
    Black Widow
    Supernatural Avengers
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I'd like to see:
    Daken and x23 by Liu
    Shang chi by fraction
    Shiar imperial guard brubaker
    Dark avengers by Hickman

But I know none of these will happen.