Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Thunderbolts, #13

"Thunderbolts" #13 by Charles Soule and Phil Noto is a powerful and haunting character study of Mercy, the most recent, most mysterious and possibly the most powerful addition to Red Hulk's strike team.

Full review here.

It's nice to see this series actually getting reviews again.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    It's nice to see this series actually getting reviews again.
    I'm still buying it, but it's way down my reading list. Parker's version was one that I looked forward to reading when I got home with my purchases (actually all the way back to Busiek). It's improving some, though. I just don't know if that will be enough.

That was a great review, Charles Soule and Phil Noto are a fantastic creative team IMO. I'm glad that we finally get more info on Mercy; however, I can't yet sympathize with her character yet because she just want to help people die. I'm hoping that Soule gives her a LOT of character growth. Plus she really needs a better costume.
    Thunderbolts, New Warriors, and Magneto.

I'm ready for this book to be the book everyone wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm ready for this book to be the book everyone wanted it to be.
    Me too. I think we're finally on the cusp of a great book!

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMX9 View Post
    That was a great review, Charles Soule and Phil Noto are a fantastic creative team IMO. I'm glad that we finally get more info on Mercy; however, I can't yet sympathize with her character yet because she just want to help people die. I'm hoping that Soule gives her a LOT of character growth. Plus she really needs a better costume.
    She is going to have a more relevant role in the team in the upcoming issues.

not Great, But good. Much better than anything Way has written

Was Deadpool any good at this? As a hardcore Deadpool fan, even I couldn't stand this book. Having a good Deadpool book again lowers my tolerance for Way's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    Was Deadpool any good at this? As a hardcore Deadpool fan, even I couldn't stand this book. Having a good Deadpool book again lowers my tolerance for Way's crap.
    Deadpool wasn't in this.

This just had Venom, Mercy, and Rulk. I liked it because I know/knew next to nothing about Mercy. Stand by for the next issue.

Check back next issue as that should be when the whole team is together. I have a feeling Soule will do waaaaay better than Way when it comes to Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Check back next issue as that should be when the whole team is together. I have a feeling Soule will do waaaaay better than Way when it comes to Wade.
    Bar hasn't been set all that high. I'll still enjoy Wade telling off Frank earlier in this series. My favorite moment so far. If Way wrote Deadpool like that all the time maybe I wouldn't feel like his run on the character was wasted money.

I actually thought his Deadpool was alright. It was the rest of the book that I didn't like and even for a Deadpool fan there's only so much I can take. Granted, I gave up after the second issue.

Oh you gotta see Wade tell the Punisher off then.. it was awesome. Issue numero 6.

If anyone could post a scan of that page, I'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by cc008; 07-23-2013 at 03:34 PM.