Page 1 of 336 123451151101 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Hero Up! Super Hero Squad Online Discussion - Oh, 5th X-Thread!!

Wow! Who would have thought we'd be on the 5th Incarnation of the Officially Unofficial CBR SHSO Discussion thread.

We've had a lot of amazing improvements to the game over the last 2+ Years. Who would have thought we'd be over 120 Characters at this point? And with plenty more to come. Sure... some of them are simple reskins... but it's still pretty impressive. And there certainly doesn't seem to be an end to the awesomeness in sight. Even if some don't like the various Villain Boxes.

I'd like to thank everyone who's made these various threads a success. From the ever patient devs who put up with our obsessive fandom, to the various members of the CBR Squad. You've all made the game a great pleasure for me since I first started that lonely thread way back in May of 2011. I honestly didn't expect the game to catch on with people here. Not in the extent that it did. Comic fans in general tend to be a very fickle fanbase. It's really made me feel kinda like a proud SHSO papa.

I got a little lax with updating the previous thread due to a death in the family and such. Plus the beta for Marvel Heroes dragged me off for a while. But I am still a very happy SHSO player. And even though I spend a lot of time in MH now, SHSO will always be my first love. Plus it's the only one of the two that has Beast as a playable character. And gives me free gold for subscribing.

I hope the Mods don't mind me starting this new thread. I know the cutoff on the forums was 10,000 posts. Or at least used to be. If it was a mistake to go ahead and open this one, feel free to close it and we'll continue using the previous thread. Otherwise... let's christen our new thread! I guess Champagne would be in poor taste given the game was designed for the Kiddies, eh?

I'll copy over and update all the important information from Post 1 a little later. But I'm eating dinner and wanted to get this going.

I tried to be humorous and cutesy with the title of the thread. A riff on the O5 X-Men. Hope it works well enough.
    Last edited by Beast; 07-21-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

The Master of Keyblades the_key_24's Avatar

I posted #10001 on the old one so...yeah...

Was this game talked about at all at SDCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod92905 View Post
    Was this game talked about at all at SDCC?
    I know Rockjaw was there for MH. But from what I saw there was no talk of SHSO.

Gazillion is probably focused mostly on pushing Marvel Heroes right now.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Wow 5 threads really is quite the feat! Still loving the game and playing it everyday :) Hopin this thread is just as successful as the last!
    SHSO: Toxic Iron Cat and Toxic Mosquito Poet

“If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you!” - Henny Youngman

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

I think the last serious Comic Con coverage that SHSO got was at New York Comic Con 2011. After that the focus mostly seemed to shift to Marvel Heroes for Gazillion and SHSO has just kinda been that child they have but they don't talk about in conversation.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    I think the last serious Comic Con coverage that SHSO got was at New York Comic Con 2011. After that the focus mostly seemed to shift to Marvel Heroes for Gazillion and SHSO has just kinda been that child they have but they don't talk about in conversation.
    Sad that we haven't even gotten all the characters shown at comic con yet and it was so long ago

Sitting on the throne Daredevil_'s Avatar

Love this game! Hope I can contribute to this new chapter, thanks for all the effort and work you put into maintaing these SHSO threads, i am sure there are a lot on here like me, non active posters but very active readers. Hats off, good job Beast.

Psylocke is the sale hero of the day!

I didn't know you could get EOTE badge without EOTE in your squad:

Congratulations on the fifth thread.
    SHSO: Venusian Iguana Hat[1707] / Lance Mariner[956]
    Signature Hero: Luke Cage
    Crafting: Red Mindless One

Sitting on the throne Daredevil_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carmaicol View Post
    I didn't know you could get EOTE badge without EOTE in your squad:

good job! Probs lots of jealous players how much have you spent in gold on boxes so far?

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

MUST GET BADGEEEEEEEEEE!

I only have 7 more heroes to buy and then Ock and I will have every playable character in the game now. Just need, Avenger's Black Widow, Samurai Wolverine, Iron Patriot, Monkey King, Morbius, Battle Armor Thor and Wonder Man!

Gazillion, you reading this! Put them on sale nexttttttttttttttt!

I'm waiting for Emma Frost to be rereleased since I started playing, it's the only character purchasable with gold coins that I'm missing. I hope they put her in the store until the end of these sales.
    My Steam profile

SHSO squad name: Guarding Gargoyle Ninja
    Squad level: 2.500
    Avengers Alliance: Agent Nukky, level 300
    Marvel Heroes: Beta tester, True Believer

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil_ View Post
    good job! Probs lots of jealous players how much have you spent in gold on boxes so far?
    I have two accounts, around 2800 G with both. I got Venom, 2 Hopes, 2 Arctics Iron Men, 1 Astonishing Cyclops and one Armored Spidey. A lot of potions and bagmask too. Also, the badge.

I keep buying them because there's only a couple characters I still want (avenging rogue and Werewolf), I rather buy boxes and get a surprise reward for 200g.
    SHSO: Venusian Iguana Hat[1707] / Lance Mariner[956]
    Signature Hero: Luke Cage
    Crafting: Red Mindless One

Didn't notice this thread earlier. 5 threads!