Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind Dinamo View Post
    EXACTLY and that's the problem, already established....long established.....long, long ago. Star Wars is not so fresh anymore and is in danger of getting old and stale. The kids today have very little interest in years and years of Star Wars canon, its not new like new Ironman, new Nolan Batman, Kristen Stewart, Daniel Radcliffe, modern pop music....if you talk with the kids of today they don't see Star Wars as cool anymore. Kids looking at Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Billy Dee Williams just see a bunch of old people when they watch those movies, they look like old people with funny haircuts like its some 80s shampoo commercial. They look at Harry Potter or Bale-Batman and they see something new, hip and cool. Star Wars is getting old like Flash Gordon, Stargate, Double Dragon, Pacman, AOL messenger, Myspace, it probably needs a serious facelift. It might take a long time for fans to realize this revamp is needed, our generation thinks its still cool but Star Wars is not cool anymore with the kids.
    It's going to be the biggest movie of the year, there's really no way around it. And kids are very much into starwars, the cartoon was very popular with them and so were the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind Dinamo View Post
    if you talk with the kids of today they don't see Star Wars as cool anymore. Kids looking at Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Billy Dee Williams just see a bunch of old people when they watch those movies, they look like old people with funny haircuts like its some 80s shampoo commercial.
    Brilliant!
    Hell most kids today know of Hamill only through his voice-over work as the Joker

i actually liked Man of Steel, and didn't like the last batman movie.
    But i liked Avengers more than Man of Steel.
    So, Avengers.

No disrespect man but kids are no way near into Star Wars like they were in the late 70's. Will it be a hit? Yeah I'm sure it will be. Will it be good? We'll see. Plus if Episode 7 takes in less than a billion will Disney consider that a success? I'm thinking no. For better or worse, Ironman3 and Avengers set the bar high and if Episode 7 ends with Man Of Steel numbers, I'm betting Disney won't be happy.

That said, there should be a ton of 40 year old nerds that will leave the confines of their mom's basement to camp out days before this thing opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I am, too. Man of Steel was one of my favorite movies and I can't wait to finally see my two favorite superheroes share the big screen.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron got me excited but knowing that Hank Pym isn't involved upsets me but I'm overall glad to at least get Ultron.
    I'm looking forward to Superman/Batman the most. Dream come true.
    That's why I voted for Worlds Finiest. Going skip A2 and watch Worlds Finiest and ST: E VII and go back to A3
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

I'm really excited for both. But Age of Ultron more because I liked Avengers better. The Man of Steel had its fair share of problems, and I hope they address them in the next film.

Matt Bomer for Batman! I hope they go for something like Braniac and Mr. Freeze rather than the obvious Joker and Lex Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Slag87 View Post
    Can I be more excited for Guardians of the Galaxy? At least it seems fresh.
    It doesn't involve the Avengers cast so yeah there is a sense of refreshing in it.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by jaytalks View Post
    I'm really excited for both. But Age of Ultron more because I liked Avengers better. The Man of Steel had its fair share of problems, and I hope they address them in the next film.

Matt Bomer for Batman! I hope they go for something like Braniac and Mr. Freeze rather than the obvious Joker and Lex Luthor.
    For real. I'd save Luthor for MOS 2

Quote Originally Posted by Volderon View Post
    Superman/Batman, I have a feeling Avengers and the MU films will steadily get sillier and sillier.
    I don't think so, at least I hope not. The guy who did Iron Man 3 should have never gone anywhere near that. It seems like Thor 2 will be a lot better in tone than Iron Man 3.

Superman/Batman for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RufusLeaking View Post
    No disrespect man but kids are no way near into Star Wars like they were in the late 70's. Will it be a hit? Yeah I'm sure it will be. Will it be good? We'll see. Plus if Episode 7 takes in less than a billion will Disney consider that a success? I'm thinking no. For better or worse, Ironman3 and Avengers set the bar high and if Episode 7 ends with Man Of Steel numbers, I'm betting Disney won't be happy.

That said, there should be a ton of 40 year old nerds that will leave the confines of their mom's basement to camp out days before this thing opens.
    Didn't the prequels make more money than the originals?

I'm still pretty bummed that Christian Bale won't be returning as Batman, so my excitement for this WF/TDKR live action movie is a little bit dampened. Definitely more excited for The Avengers 2. Also, Snyder's directing WF. I like Snyder, but he's too shallow to do a movie like this justice.

Where is the option for Guardians of the Galaxy? Rocket Racoon's in it, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Volderon View Post
    Superman/Batman, I have a feeling Avengers and the MU films will steadily get sillier and sillier.
    It might, but I have hope that with the right directors/writers on board, and with a lot of luck and creativity, we will be getting seriously epic stuff. Can you IMAGINE if they dig deep in the well enough to make a Doctor Strange movie with, say, Shuma-Gorath as the villain? That shit would be epic.
    Last edited by Dr Will Hatch; 07-21-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    It might, but I have hope that with the right directors/writers on board, and with a lot of luck and creativity, we will be getting seriously epic stuff. Can you IMAGINE if they dig deep in the well enough to make a Doctor Strange movie with, say, Shuma-Gorath as the villain. That shit would be epic.
    I seriously doubt that the other films will reach IM3's level of silliness.