Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Are You More Excited For Warner Bros.' "Superman/Batman" or Marvel's "Avengers:

Are You More Excited For Warner Bros.' "Superman/Batman" or Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron"?

Warner Bros. and Marvel Studios brought out the big guns during Comic-Con International, with the former announcing "Superman/Batman" and the latter "Avengers: Age of Ultron." Which one has you most excited?

Vote on the poll here.

Oh boy, time for this whole DC vs. Marvel thing to start up again.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Seriously, this is pretty unnecessary, but I'm looking more forward to Avengers than World's Finest, though I'll likely go see them both.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-21-2013 at 02:39 PM.

YEAH! Marvel vs. DC! I love it. As a Marvel fan, I definitely love the competition. I also think that DC surprised (whether that's good or bad is debatable) a lot of people with the Superman Batman movie. You knew that there was going to be a Marvel movie announcement and it would involve Avengers to some level. I don't think anyone expected Age of Ultron. Then again, I don't think it'll be anywhere close to the Bendis limited series (which I haven't read).

However, I give props to DC for bringing it. Definitely more excited for the Avengers movie than Superman/Batman movie...but I'm eager to see how both movies will work out.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Looking at the Superman board they seem more annoyed/worried than excited. So I doubt this will be just a Marvel/DC thing. If they do a fight and Superman loses to Batman ...

Comic books - Dynamite, Image the new companies is where its at
    Toons and animated features, maybe Transformers, Legends of Oz, some Japanese anime or some Independent
    Movies - Guardians of the Galaxy, a talking tree, a army of space soldiers called NovaCorp, a talking Raccoon....wow I really am fascinated if Marvel can pull this off

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind Dinamo View Post
    Comic books - Dynamite, Image the new companies is where its at
    Toons and animated features, maybe Transformers, Legends of Oz, some Japanese anime or some Independent
    Movies - Guardians of the Galaxy, a talking tree, a army of space soldiers called NovaCorp, a talking Raccoon....wow I really am fascinated if Marvel can pull this off
    Not bashing but honestly it sounds like a concept for a Dreamworks movie.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Yeah its a strange one, and it has some really interesting actors Glenn Close doing film and stage since.....since forever, Michael Rooker Walking Dead Henry Portrait of Serial Killer, Zoe Saldana Avatar Star Trek, Djimon Hounsou lots of tv Amistad Gladiator, Benicio del Toro lots and lots of tv and film
    Guardians of the Galaxy is either going to be a complete disaster or a perfect example of how to do a great scifi space opera movie

Avengers, definitely. Plus, I like that the MCU is using a wider range of characters and properties, while it feels like DC is defaulting with Batman and Superman, but in one movie this time.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

I'm all about Batman/Superman. I'm hoping for great things.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

I'm equally excited for both. I just trust Whedon a bit more than Snyder.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

Avengers 2, by far.
    But the cast of GOTG is just down right amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    Avengers, definitely. Plus, I like that the MCU is using a wider range of characters and properties, while it feels like DC is defaulting with Batman and Superman, but in one movie this time.
    MCU has six movies under their belt. DCU has one. Not really a good comparison when using the "wider range of characters" aspect.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

I'll take a movie that takes inspiration from not only a Frank Miller comic but one of the best superhero tales ever published over one not only based on something written by Bendis but a Bendis crossover (maybe his worst crossover and that's saying something!).

I have no doubt that both will be pretty average, with Avengers 2 being better but incredibly overrated to the point of absurdity, whilst Superman/Batman will be worse but underrated to the point of unsurdity.

My prediction is that Star Wars Episode VII will be absolute lazy, unimaginative garbage that somehow gets great reviews (maybe because critics are blinded by all that lense flare?).

Ant Man will be better than both, though.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm all about Batman/Superman. I'm hoping for great things.
    I am, too. Man of Steel was one of my favorite movies and I can't wait to finally see my two favorite superheroes share the big screen.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron got me excited but knowing that Hank Pym isn't involved upsets me but I'm overall glad to at least get Ultron.

It's difficult to compare excitement between Superman/Batman and Avengers 2: Ultron. One has two superheroes in one movie while the other has about six. One is DC while the other is Marvel. One has an established cinematic universe while the other is just starting.

I'm looking forward to Superman/Batman the most. Dream come true.