Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

1. There was a recent announcement of Gina Carano being cast in "Avengelyne", that comic by Rob Liefield.
    Even if they make a Avengelyne film it will probably be a low budget film that only cost about $50 to $60 million if that. I doubt WW fans want a cheap "B" movie budget for their film.

2. Veronica Mars is coming to the big screen. Fans got that ball rolling.
    Not relevant. Veronica Mars is neither a superhero film or an action film. It also costs nothing to make.

3. Lionsgate is releasing the Hunger Games sequel late this year.
    Only example of a huge hit featuring a woman in many years. While Hunger Games has some action in it I don't really consider it your typical action movie like the DC/Marvel superhero films or Matrix, Die Hard et al.

4. Sony Pictures is releasing "The Mortal Instruments" movie adaption in August.
    It probably had a cheap production cost and just because they release it doesn't mean it will be successful. I'm betting it will bomb just like the similar Beautiful Creatures released by the WB this year also based on a young adult novel with a female lead.

5. Shailene Woodley is playing the lead in the futuristic film "Divergent" (2014)
    Just more of the Harry Potter, Twilight and Hunger Games affect. I would point out that except for those three big success in the young adult novel adaptation there's probably been a dozen or more failed adaptations and Divergent could just as easily end up on the failure pile which is quickly growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Sensei View Post
    That's because Tarantino movies are made for a specific age group and thus it has a limited audience. It was a critical success though. A Wonder Woman film that's a critical success without a mature rating could be gold. It just needs good writing.
    They cant get even Green Lantern right. What makes you think these people are even remotely qualified to make a Wonder Woman film?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

essentially WB will introduce new Batman in MoS2 so why not just introduce Diana in MoS3. MoS, The World's Finest, and then Trinity. pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    essentially WB will introduce new Batman in MoS2 so why not just introduce Diana in MoS3. MoS, The World's Finest, and then Trinity. pretty simple really.
    Nope, that makes too much sense. The only DC characters allowed to appear on the big screen are Supes and Brucey. Why can't you people get that through your thick skulls? World's Finest, yipee!!! Which, I might add is interesting that WB thinks they can get a SM/BM team-up movie right (which is also gonna be pretty tricky, IMO) but in all these decades Diana is just too tough a nut to crack. Whatever.

Lets be fair

Superman disappeared from the box office after the big two week opening around the world.
    Maybe people heard of the killing or the character is not big enough for people to go back to see
    or care for.

So I am guessing Warner Bros has decided to have Batman in all there future movies

Batman and Superman in 2015

I would not be surprised to see Batman and Flash in 2016

and Batman and The Justice League Of America in 2016

and Batman and Wonder Woman in 2017

and Batman and Scooby Doo in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by This View Post
    Lets be fair

Superman disappeared from the box office after the big two week opening around the world.
    Maybe people heard of the killing or the character is not big enough for people to go back to see
    or care for.

So I am guessing Warner Bros has decided to have Batman in all there future movies

Batman and Superman in 2015

I would not be surprised to see Batman and Flash in 2016

and Batman and The Justice League Of America in 2016

and Batman and Wonder Woman in 2017

and Batman and Scooby Doo in 2018
    www.boxofficemojo.com reports MOS at over 635-Million Worldwide so far. That's hardly a fail. Also, reportedly Christian Bale is not going to carry-over into the next Batman films. This may be a big problem for them. People really liked him. I'm hoping everything they do has some kind of success. We need that in order to hold out for Wonder Woman's film by the next century!

I think that's a pretty important question. Is the "general audience" more in love with Batman, or Bale/Nolan's Batman?

Really disappointed that there's been nothing on Wonder Woman. Looking at the New 52 it seems that WW's current run is just screaming 'adapt me, adapt me!". Like Clash of the Titans x God of War.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorstrange View Post
    I think that's a pretty important question. Is the "general audience" more in love with Batman, or Bale/Nolan's Batman?

Really disappointed that there's been nothing on Wonder Woman. Looking at the New 52 it seems that WW's current run is just screaming 'adapt me, adapt me!". Like Clash of the Titans x God of War.
    Maybe it could, Jim Lee said his favorite book of the new 52 is Wonder Woman.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    They cant get even Green Lantern right. What makes you think these people are even remotely qualified to make a Wonder Woman film?
    I agree. Making a Wonder Woman film after the manner of MoS would be a disaster.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    This is sad, but true. At this point, does anyone really believe that WB/DC can make a good WW movie? They don't have a clue of how to approach the character.

Wonder Woman should become public domain like Sherlock Holmes, DC and WB have mishandled her. The public is more familiar with characters like Black Widow, Sif, Storm, Tomb Raider....don't believe it?? Wonder Woman lost a fan voted competition against Storm, before the Xmen movies and that was the 90s. Diana is in an even worse position today

Quote Originally Posted by Lafanboy View Post
    sir, u r nitpicking about others' genuine critiques. that is all.
    Bashing a company because they didn't film adapt a character isn't a genuine critique.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

GL is actually harder to do than WW. GL has the extremely complex space mythology/ setting with much more elaborate special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorstrange View Post

Well judging from the fact that he was popular LONG before Nolan I'd say yes, lets not forget Batman '89 sold more tickets than TDKR. Plus The Arkham games are extremely popular as is LEGO Batman and both are very different from Bale's Batman. Plus a lot people between 20-30 loved Batman: The Animated Series so I'd say people like the character in general. It's like asking if people like Superman or just the Christopher Reeves version just because that's the most popular version of him.
    "If anyone has a long face at my funeral, I'll never speak to them again"

I am not one who will settle for "the lead actor can't have boobs" excuse.

Think about it. If you switch the sex of the characters in Avatar - woman in wheelchair meets blue man alien - does the movie suddenly suck?

I long for the day when we judge the quality of the movie by the quality of the movie and not by the genitals of the lead actor.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow