Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default SDCC: Waid and Banner Battle T.I.M.E. & The "Indestructible Hulk"

"Indestructible Hulk" writer Mark Waid spoke with CBR about his upcoming "Hulk: Agent Of T.I.M.E." storyline and Bruce Banner/Hulk's mission to repair the timestream damage caused in "Age of Ultron."

Full article here.

Shouldn't the likes of Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Hank McCoy be involved in something like time-travel, especially given the Age of Ultron ending ?

I'm more concerned with the fact that he won't be able to revert to Banner once he gets going in this arc. This incarnation of the Hulk sadly has little intelligence and virtually no personality - how do you get him to... do... anything you want, traveling through time? You pretty much have to have some character in there holding his leash. Will he just stumble across people along the way willing to tell him to fetch... roll over... smash?

Probably the most knowledgeable and adept time traveller in the Marvel Universe is Dr Doom, who has built the most stable time travel device in the Marvel Universe, and seems to have the greatest understanding of the laws of time, and how to travel through time without effecting or breaking them.

Stark probably has his hands full with the events in Avengers, New Avengers, being in space and whatever is going on in his own book? Not sure about the other guys but Banner is smart enough.

People have been complaining that this run gives too much focus to Banner and that Hulk gets no developement. Perhaps this is his chance to shine?

I really can't wait to see Hulk punch out a dinosaur!
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Hrungr View Post
    I'm more concerned with the fact that he won't be able to revert to Banner once he gets going in this arc. This incarnation of the Hulk sadly has little intelligence and virtually no personality - how do you get him to... do... anything you want, traveling through time? You pretty much have to have some character in there holding his leash. Will he just stumble across people along the way willing to tell him to fetch... roll over... smash?
    Hopefully Waid actually does something with the Hulk. Hopefully he doesn't just have Guest Stars and the Hulk grunting.

Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hopefully Waid actually does something with the Hulk. Hopefully he doesn't just have Guest Stars and the Hulk grunting.

Hopefully.
    Such as? What exactly is it Hulk (not Banner) should be doing that he's not?
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Such as? What exactly is it Hulk (not Banner) should be doing that he's not?
    Having character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Having character.
    Such as? I don't follow what it is that you're expecting.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Shouldn't the likes of Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Hank McCoy be involved in something like time-travel, especially given the Age of Ultron ending ?
    "Problem is, the timestream is now so broken that the only sentient being that we know of that can survive the trip is the Hulk."

I don't know how much more simple Waid can make that.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHarry View Post
    Probably the most knowledgeable and adept time traveller in the Marvel Universe is Dr Doom, who has built the most stable time travel device in the Marvel Universe, and seems to have the greatest understanding of the laws of time, and how to travel through time without effecting or breaking them.
    Doom's device is the one that was used in the first place. Age of Ultron stated that things weren't broken by those excursions into time, but the culmination of them all throughout the MU's history.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Such as? I don't follow what it is that you're expecting.
    The Hulk has some intelligence in every incarnation except the mindless beast state. That particular state is usually a result of Banner being removed. Otherwise, he can think and carry on a conversation, to an extent.
    It would be nice to hear him say something besides the usual "Hulk smash". He isn't Einstein, but he isn't just a growling monster, either.