Default What do you all think about the V for Vendetta graphic novel?

I've only seen the movie and it is one of my favorites, I'm actually about to read it and would love to hear what people think about it?
    You're just a little boy in a playsuit, crying for mommy and daddy!

It's really good, creepy, paranoid, and much more grim than the movie. Love the scrawled story in prison especially.

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I'm rereading V and Watchmen for the umpteenth time right now, V really stands the test of time. More thoughtful than the film as well.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

It is seriously amazing. One of my favourite comics of all time. Comparing the book to the movie is like comparing the I, Robot book to the Will Smith movie.

If you're a fan of the Wachowskis (sp?), check out the Invisibles, the Matrix's source material.
    Last edited by Mr. Mastermind; 07-20-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

It's a masterwork. Alan Moore's best work, in my opinion. More powerful and detailed than the film.

What do you think about one of the most acclaimed and loved series by one of the most acclaimed and influential writers?
    BB

It's a good book.

Below Watchmen, Swamp Thing and LoEG for me, but still better than most books out there. And David Lloyd's art has never looked better.

In my opinion, Its Moores second best work next to Watchmen, overall extremely good graphic novel, definitely a must read whether you are a comic book fan or just a fan of literature in general. Much more accurate than the film.

V is one of my favorite fictional characters of all time.

Sometimes a writer gets stuck while writing a story, and takes a break from writing it for a while. And then when he comes back, he isn't in quite the same mood as before, and the tone of the work changes. Sometimes that change is significant, and the sensation of change throws the reader out of the flow of reading the story. That is my lasting impression of V for Vendetta, from reading it back in the late '80s. At the time, I was extremely impressed with Watchmen and Swamp Thing, and I was really looking forward to enjoying V for Vendetta. But then I hit that point in the story where there was a sharp sense of change and the feel of the characters changed too much. That was probably an unfortunate effect of Warrior magazine getting canceled during the initial V for Vendetta run. Moore probably had the whole story worked out by that point, but maybe it was months before he resumed scripting the specific dialogue.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Yeah, I really like the movie but the comic blows it out of the water. It's easily one of my favourite comics ever - warts and all.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

It's Moore's best novel in my opinion.

Damn near perfect.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fantastic stuff.

On par with SWAMP THING, my favorite, for me.