Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Nova, #6

• Now that we've seen his origin, there's only one thing standing between Nova and being an Avenger...
    • He needs to ask his mom.

Full article here.

On Vacation

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I have been really enjoying this series. Can't wait to read more.

Huh, you know I was thinking of dropping this title but this issue looks pretty good. I hope Zeb Wells does a good job on this title and we will have to see what happens.

He must be falling way behind on his schoolwork...racing cosmic chickens through space to save the world is only a moderately better excuse than saying a dog ate your homework, if only for creativity.

So, here comes the big question, how does his mom feel about her son taking up the family business as a teenager? Pretty wishy washy so far:

Happy to see son alive-Doesn't seem to take precautions against him putting his life in peril?

I'm sure theres a line about not being able to control him forever and having to let him make his own decisions for what he wants to with his life, and him being below 18 means nothing in the cosmic scheme, hell the corp accepted his predecessor at that age because they felt they needed him so thats a non issue...

...but he's still in high school and he still has to graduate if he wants even a minor place on earth. I'm liking this book, liking Sam's character but that has to be addressed.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

I like this. It brings back memories of the first Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Oh how great it would be if they could get Rogers to come in and write this book considering Wells is just temporary.

Think I'll give this book a try. Hopefully they keep Medina on art chores though. He's a perfect fit. Oh and don't double ship so he has time to build a consistent run.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

A guy who loves comics Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I've really been enjoying this book thus far. It's fun, I like Sam's character and I'm interested to see how he continues to blend into and affect the rest of the Marvel U.

I'd like an explanation about what happened to Richard Rider sooner or later, but I don't mind that they want to flesh Sam's character and situation out a bit first.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I like this. It brings back memories of the first Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Oh how great it would be if they could get Rogers to come in and write this book considering Wells is just temporary.

Think I'll give this book a try. Hopefully they keep Medina on art chores though. He's a perfect fit. Oh and don't double ship so he has time to build a consistent run.
    Pre 52 Blue Beetle series. Jaime was a unique and polar opposite character to Ted Kord while having love and respect for him and Ted Kord himself was a legacy character who died a hero while Sam Alexander is clone of young Richard Rider he has no respect for Richard Rider because to him his father is NOVA and he's carrying on his father's legacy not Rich's and Richard Rider's death was completely undermined also Blue Beetle with Jaime was really well written and it's insulting to writers to compare the books Etc Etc.

No drop off in art. Now what is going on with Jesse? With Infinity starting soon, and Sam's meeting with Thanos, will we learn of Richard's fate soon? Thanos should say something about Richard when he meets up with Sam. We know Cyclops/Phoenix said something about Sam not belonging here. Something is still going on that we are not aware of.

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Pre 52 Blue Beetle series. Jaime was a unique and polar opposite character to Ted Kord while having love and respect for him and Ted Kord himself was a legacy character who died a hero while Sam Alexander is clone of young Richard Rider he has no respect for Richard Rider because to him his father is NOVA and he's carrying on his father's legacy not Rich's and Richard Rider's death was completely undermined also Blue Beetle with Jaime was really well written and it's insulting to writers to compare the books Etc Etc.
    What the problem with that? Sam never know Richard, don't make sense he carries the Richard's Legacy if the helm he uses is from his father. And i really like this book, and what Loeb done here, even into one or two continuities problem (Gamora and Rocket Raccoon cameo, Richard Status).

Is a fun read for me.

That was cute.

If Wells and Medina, are the new creative team going forwards, this will be a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to say it's 'insulting' to compare the two books.
    The Bounce, The New Warriors, Saga, Silver Surfer, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man.

Good issue, dialogue and wit have improved which was the weak part of the series to this point. Sam's mom was very well written, pragmatic and sensible in her approach to handling a super hero son. I could do without the high school "bullies" being inserted in every issue, the interactions with them are cliche and don't do anything to further the story or Sam's character development.