Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Sinnott Reflects on Six Decades of Comic Book Creation

Legendary artist Joe Sinnott discusses his 60-plus years in comics, drawing the Beatles and the Pope, inking Jack Kirby, "The Amazing Spider-Man" Sunday strip and getting his own baseball card.

Full article here.

Thanks for the great article.

This is a great article. I own 6 copies of the Publisher's Edition of an old comic book entitled Treasure Chest. It was a Christian comic book and Joe Sinnott did several of the interiors. He was a major influence on my decision to become an Illustrator / Designer. If anyone knows if Joe Sinnott would like seeing them again I would love to arrange a meeting. He is one of my idols.

Nice to see there are still some legends left to thank personally.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

I think the best part of the interview is that Joe's enjoyment of and passion for the medium really shone through. You can tell he's still having fun.

Great talent! One of the best inkers ever!! A lot of my favorite comics were done by Joltin' Joe!!
    READ HYPERACTIVE COMICS ON THE DUCK and COMIC FURY and SMACK JEEVES!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    Nice to see there are still some legends left to thank personally.
    I have been fortunate enough to meet Joe Sinnott on several occasions. Not only is he amazingly talented, but he is also a true class act.

It speaks volumes about Sinnott's work ethic that since his "retirement" in 1991 (22 years ago) he has probably worked more steadily, and been consistent in meeting his deadlines, than artists a third his age who cannot even pencil a single monthly series.

Nice interview, and Joe seems like a great guy. His work is always easy to spot- clean and professional, and the characters seem to pop off the page.

This was a great article, I'd love to see more like it. There's so many interesting comics folks out there, I love hearing their stories!

Nice article. I talked to Sinnott at the Pittsburgh Comicon 2 or 3 years ago when I asked him to sign my Invincible Gene Colan HC. He didn't know it was out and spent about 15 minutes looking through it and talking about half of the book pointing things out. He then signed it and thanked me for letting him look at it.

What a great talent! You got to really enjoy his work. CBR should do a best of Sinnott showcase and show what a talented brush inker can do for a comic.