Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,819

    Default REVIEW: Justice League, #22

    Ivan Reis and Joe Prado to rejoin Geoff Johns just as "Trinity War" explodes all over the pages of "Justice League" #22.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    My only real problem with this first issue of Trinity War is that I really don't give a damn about Doctor Light. The character was not given enough time to be developed into someone the reader would care about. And it is hard to get out of my mind that in the old DC Universe he was a sadistic rapist.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomReed View Post
    And it is hard to get out of my mind that in the old DC Universe he was a sadistic rapist.
    And a pedophile on top of all that.

  4. #4

    Default

    This is a steaming Pile of cr*p, how could this get a 4/5?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAcidSkull View Post
    This is a steaming Pile of cr*p, how could this get a 4/5?
    Yeah. It should have gotten 5/5. ;)

    IMO, this is what an event should be. A well written and beautifully drawn comic that will only be 6 issues. I count FE as an aftermath of this.

  6. #6

    Default

    I think it works and was effective for what it was.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  7. #7

    Default

    "the mysterious Joker wannabe that has been directing the Secret Society"

    I thought the final page made it very clear that the villain behind all this is "The Outsider" aka Alfred Pennyworth (likely from a parallel Earth). I thought this was meant to be an intentional reveal.

  8. #8

    Default

    I thought it was a good first issue. Dr. Light's death was kind of empty for me, because his death doesn't hold a lot of weight to me, but this is developing nicely still. I'm glad this is only 6 issues and without a bunch of tie ins.

  9. #9
    Junior Member darima80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    354

    Default

    I don't know if it's me, but I don't think the point their trying to make is that Dr. Light is dead, but that Superman killed. Maybe MOS disensitized us to this, but in the New 52 DC, this is a first, and apparently is going to be pretty effin' deal. The deal say what you want to say about not having enough character development to care about Dr. Light, but the big deal is that he was just an innocent person (at the time) at the wrong place at wrong time. Superman killed an innocent without a second thought, I think that's the point Johns was trying to put across.

  10. #10
    Farscape Lover Mathu87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post
    I don't know if it's me, but I don't think the point their trying to make is that Dr. Light is dead, but that Superman killed. Maybe MOS disensitized us to this, but in the New 52 DC, this is a first, and apparently is going to be pretty effin' deal. The deal say what you want to say about not having enough character development to care about Dr. Light, but the big deal is that he was just an innocent person (at the time) at the wrong place at wrong time. Superman killed an innocent without a second thought, I think that's the point Johns was trying to put across.
    This. Thank you... I was getting upset at the amount of people thinking we had to give a damn about the dude... Even in the first couple of pages Diana and Supes have a talk about killing. Thought it was pretty obvious.

    Also, great way to start an event I had no interest in. Now I kinda wanna know what else they have in mind.

    Great issue. Better than Unchained.

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post
    I don't know if it's me, but I don't think the point their trying to make is that Dr. Light is dead, but that Superman killed. Maybe MOS disensitized us to this, but in the New 52 DC, this is a first, and apparently is going to be pretty effin' deal. The deal say what you want to say about not having enough character development to care about Dr. Light, but the big deal is that he was just an innocent person (at the time) at the wrong place at wrong time. Superman killed an innocent without a second thought, I think that's the point Johns was trying to put across.
    While I'll agree with the overall point, the issue still left me with the Idea that Superman wasn't himself and by touching the Skull and it has something to do with "outsider" (final panel) i'm left with the feeling of manipulation. In short it just fell flat for me.

    probably would've worked if the the reveal came at the climax and not so early on but then again this is just the first issue of the event.

  12. #12
    Junior Member frizbfrizb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Was decent enough, but now the Justice League follows people into Kahndaq to tell them they can't be there? LOL. Gimme a break. Trevor needs to just snap Waller's neck. Would've been much better if they didn't all meet in Kahndaq for the stupidest of reasons. 3 stars.

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Johns is a better writer then what Justice League and Justice League of American show. Both are two of the worst books on the stands right now.

    Why is everyone getting upset about Superman killing? It's obvious he didn't do it. Johns says twice afterwards that he didn't do it. The Outsider basically comes out and says he manipulated events (my guess, because Light was created by the Outsider, Light will still be alive and it was a hologram that was destroyed) and Xanadu says that Superman didn't do it. Add in that he was "possessed" well holding Pandora's Box.

    Pretty obvious that manipulation of some kind occured. It's not even worth getting upset that Superman "killed" because it's obvious that he didn't, or wasn't in his own mind.

  14. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Nos View Post
    Johns is a better writer then what Justice League and Justice League of American show. Both are two of the worst books on the stands right now.

    Why is everyone getting upset about Superman killing? It's obvious he didn't do it. Johns says twice afterwards that he didn't do it. The Outsider basically comes out and says he manipulated events (my guess, because Light was created by the Outsider, Light will still be alive and it was a hologram that was destroyed) and Xanadu says that Superman didn't do it. Add in that he was "possessed" well holding Pandora's Box.

    Pretty obvious that manipulation of some kind occured. It's not even worth getting upset that Superman "killed" because it's obvious that he didn't, or wasn't in his own mind.
    You see, I think BOTH the "Doctor Light" issues and the "Superman Killed" issues are NOT the issues. Look BEYOND what is being said at the page and look at the world building! Ever since JLA started (or earlier), Johns has been pointing out the JL is not trusted, and that things needed to happen to get them under control.

    This is not about what Superman does or about Doctor Lights death. This is about Superman being controlled, and how the WORLD will see this. "Superman, the nice good guy? KILLED?!?!?!" Its going to be the reaction of the world...and then later how the myriad of villains take advantage of that.

    So, for all of those who gave this 3 stars for "Not feeling Doctors Lights death." Sure, thumbs up. But im giving it 5 stars for creating a story that is not what it seems to most readers (for some reason).

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I do agree with the neck snapping. And the Kahndaq thing is kinda rediculous. A more fitting way to get the groups to fight should have beent thought of. But still. I give this 5 stars :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •