Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yeah, I posted before about Ultron's original construction having pretty much nothing in common with Dragon Man's apart from both being robots. Remember, Professor Gilbert's creation didn't even work at all until Diablo added alchemy into the mix, so I'm not sure studying Dragon Man would have been much help to Hank even if he was really that imitative. Which he clearly isn't, as we have plenty of other examples of his original scientific and technological thinking to look at.
    Pym and magic. He says he can explain magic, because it's just science we haven't discovered yet. Who knows what Pym gleaned from Gilbert's robot and Diablos magic?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    there's one hard set in stone fact about Doom. he cannot abide subservience. it's why everything fell apart for him in House of M; despite him having his kingdom and a high position within that reality. he will fight to the death, if that's what it comes down to. the Doombots have his personality.
    Except they're programmed to be subservient to him, remember.

Hank could probably have avoided the use of the booby trap bomb just by telling the Doombot that's he's really Victor using the Ovoid mind transfer technique to pretend to be Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Pym and magic. He says he can explain magic, because it's just science we haven't discovered yet. Who knows what Pym gleaned from Gilbert's robot and Diablos magic?
    Probably not much. There's an absolutely huge gap between Ultron and the point in Mighty Avengers where he's looking into the wavelength of Asgardian magic so he can construct a trap for Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Probably not much. There's an absolutely huge gap between Ultron and the point in Mighty Avengers where he's looking into the wavelength of Asgardian magic so he can construct a trap for Loki.
    Yes, there is a huge gap. I just wonder if Slott was the first one to mention Pyms ability to duplicate magic, or foil it?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, there is a huge gap. I just wonder if Slott was the first one to mention Pyms ability to duplicate magic, or foil it?
    He did it in the first arc of the avengers. It was not labeled that way but that is what happened. Reed has referenced magic as a part of science as well.

I think the Doombot will change due to the change in AI overall. I hope he is always cranky though.

The Black Hearted Hero of Shadows's Avatar

It is of course better to build a Doom-mind rather than just a normal mind.

Adding "Doom" as a prefix or suffix to any concept increases it's efficiency,power and cool factor by aprox 75%.