Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Hank Building a Doom-mind?

nevermind, done sharing.
    Last edited by majesticsupermiraclehyperion; 07-07-2013 at 09:11 PM.

You're a bit slow on this one. Avengers AI #1, just came out Wednesday, will answer your questions.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by majesticsupermiraclehyperion View Post
    If you've read Age of Ultron #10 A.I. you know that Hank Pym is working on a project that in some way involved Doom technology. In AoU #10 he said he 'knows what he did wrong' and seems to be talking about AIs. Do you think we're going to see a crazy attempt to make a machine with Victor Doom's intellect? Or perhaps he is trying to copy Doom's method of making robots subservient to the original?
    That's sort of no big deal though... we've had Doombots wandering around the MU with Doom level intelligence (or something near that).

I always thought it was sort of funny that a robot with Hanks own brain pattern (Ultron) always seemed so much more freaking evil than any of the robots Doom built with his own.

It does not seem he did much beyond make the doombot take orders from his team. There is work to do in his respect for life programing.

Quote Originally Posted by majesticsupermiraclehyperion View Post
    If you've read Age of Ultron #10 A.I. you know that Hank Pym is working on a project that in some way involved Doom technology. In AoU #10 he said he 'knows what he did wrong' and seems to be talking about AIs. Do you think we're going to see a crazy attempt to make a machine with Victor Doom's intellect? Or perhaps he is trying to copy Doom's method of making robots subservient to the original?
    Yes, that is a good point. Pym does like to steal ideas, so seeing him using a Doombot as a template does make you wonder if he hasn't taken a cue from Doom. Don't make independently thinking AI. Now that he has made some, (the back door self replicator to attack Ultron), I think Pym wants to control it, and that means studying it and making ways of disarming it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's sort of no big deal though... we've had Doombots wandering around the MU with Doom level intelligence (or something near that).

I always thought it was sort of funny that a robot with Hanks own brain pattern (Ultron) always seemed so much more freaking evil than any of the robots Doom built with his own.
    Thus, stealing what Doom did to his Doombots and using it on his new AI.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    It does not seem he did much beyond make the doombot take orders from his team. There is work to do in his respect for life programing.
    Even a kid made a Doombot obedient in Heroes for Hire, making it non-violent, (for a while). The adaption Pym did to the Doombot, was to alter its Independance, so it was subordinate to Pym. This is more the pattern of what Pym wanted Ultron to be like. Pym didn't do that to Ultron, and look where that led too. Now, Pym has another idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, that is a good point. Pym does like to steal ideas...
    Where does this come from? Hank was a pioneer in size-changing and interspecies communication, there was no public precedent for anything like the DNA splicing he did with Jan to make her the Wasp (or the improvements on her powers he later gave her), even Rover in his WCA days was a pretty original concept; an AI-driven vehicle whose persona was based on that of an ant.

Dragon Man's existence may have inspired him to create Ultron, but I wouldn't say that was stealing an idea anymore so than Professor Gilbert stole the idea from the Awesome Android or the original Human Torch.....artificially intelligent beings are a pretty common thing in science-fiction settings. It'd be like saying the Trapster stole the idea of making a strong adhesive from Spider-Man....and aside from that one tenuous example, I can't think of anything else Hank has invented which is a rip on anyone else's work...

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Yes, that is a good point. Pym does like to steal ideas, so seeing him using a Doombot as a template does make you wonder if he hasn't taken a cue from Doom. Don't make independently thinking AI. Now that he has made some, (the back door self replicator to attack Ultron), I think Pym wants to control it, and that means studying it and making ways of disarming it.
    What are u talking about. Pym is not using a Doombot as a template. And now that he has made some? What was Ultron? And no Pym does not want to stop or control what his virus has done. He sees it as the start of a new form of life, and Avengers A.I. is like his version of X-Men for this new form of life.

Thus, stealing what Doom did to his Doombots and using it on his new AI.
    The Doombot is not his AI.

Even a kid made a Doombot obedient in Heroes for Hire, making it non-violent, (for a while). The adaption Pym did to the Doombot, was to alter its Independance, so it was subordinate to Pym. This is more the pattern of what Pym wanted Ultron to be like. Pym didn't do that to Ultron, and look where that led too. Now, Pym has another idea.
    The adaption Pym did to the Doombot is stick a black hole in his chest. He's using the threat of death to control the Doombot. And Pym didn't build Ultron to be a subordinate. Its was his experimenting with trying to create synthetic life.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-07-2013 at 03:01 AM.

One of the most fun things about Hank is watching everything he touches blow up in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
    Where does this come from? Hank was a pioneer in size-changing and interspecies communication, there was no public precedent for anything like the DNA splicing he did with Jan to make her the Wasp (or the improvements on her powers he later gave her), even Rover in his WCA days was a pretty original concept; an AI-driven vehicle whose persona was based on that of an ant.

Dragon Man's existence may have inspired him to create Ultron, but I wouldn't say that was stealing an idea anymore so than Professor Gilbert stole the idea from the Awesome Android or the original Human Torch.....artificially intelligent beings are a pretty common thing in science-fiction settings. It'd be like saying the Trapster stole the idea of making a strong adhesive from Spider-Man....and aside from that one tenuous example, I can't think of anything else Hank has invented which is a rip on anyone else's work...
    You just said he stole ideas from Dragon Man proves my point. Trapster never captured Spider-Man and had a look at his adhesive, so that example doesn't count.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-07-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What are u talking about. Pym is not using a Doombot as a template. And now that he has made some? What was Ultron? And no Pym does not want to stop or control what his virus has done. He sees it as the start of a new form of life, and Avengers A.I. is like his version of X-Men for this new form of life.

The Doombot is not his AI.

The adaption Pym did to the Doombot is stick a black hole in his chest. He's using the threat of death to control the Doombot. And Pym didn't build Ultron to be a subordinate. Its was his experimenting with trying to create synthetic life.
    Pym has a Doombot, and he likes what it does. He is getting ideas from it, otherwise he would be using an LMD or Vision. And I never said the Doombot is Pyms AI. Pym is using the black hole as a failsafe in case the Doombot goes rogue so he can blow it up.

Pym sees that Doom doesn't allow his AI Doombots to run around and create societies on their own, like Ultron did. Ultron created a planet wide society with no room for humans. So Pym likes what Doom does. There's no shame in taking what Doom does and making it different . It's cross pollonization.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-07-2013 at 03:34 AM.

You just said he stole ideas from Dragon Man proves my point. Trapster never captured Spider-Man and had a look at his adhesive, so that example doesn't count.
    Umm nooo I said Dragon Man inspired Ultron. That's really not the same thing. And the whole point of comparing that to Trapster/Spider-Man is that saying Hank steals ideas is as silly as saying the Trapster stole the adhesive idea from someone who happened to do it first. I mean the only similarity between Dragon Man and Ultron is that they're artificial life forms, they're not anything alike otherwise.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

He learned from Dragon Man, then made his experiment on synthetic life. Pioneering new techniques. Thats not stealing.

Pym has a Doombot, and he likes what it does. He is getting ideas from it, otherwise he would be using an LMD or Vision. And I never said the Doombot is Pyms AI. Pym is using the black hole as a failsafe in case the Doombot goes rogue so he can blow it up.
    He is getting ideas from it, what ideas? And he is using Vision, and Victor even. U say he's stealing what Doom did to his Doombots and using it on his new AI, but what AI is that?

Pym sees that Doom doesn't allow his AI Doombots to run around and create societies on their own, like Ultron did. Ultron created a planet wide society with no room for humans. So Pym likes what Doom does. There's no shame in taking what Doom does and making it different . It's cross pollonization.
    Again, what are u talking about? U seem to just be making stuff up. Show me where we see Pym liking what Doom does. If anything he's doing the opposite, giving one of his Doombots a chance to show that he's not just Doom. He seems rather happy that his virus has started this new form of life. So happy that he didn't even want to keep the Doombot he had prisoner locked up anymore.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-08-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Is it stealing to use any tech he did not invent? Is it stealing if he use a light bulb because he did not invent it?

He is not stealing anything he is changing or adapting existing tech. There is no theft involved.

Pym formed a team to detect and deal with AI threats that is all they have done so far. Doombot is part of that team although he is not happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
    Umm nooo I said Dragon Man inspired Ultron. That's really not the same thing. And the whole point of comparing that to Trapster/Spider-Man is that saying Hank steals ideas is as silly as saying the Trapster stole the adhesive idea from someone who happened to do it first. I mean the only similarity between Dragon Man and Ultron is that they're artificial life forms, they're not anything alike otherwise.
    How can you say Dragon Man "inspired" Ultron, when he was obviously studying the thing? He can see the mechanics of Dragon Man right there. I suppose it could go either way, but choose to pick Pym stole than got inspired. He also then took Doom ware as well which was right in front of him. I don't see that one gets inspiration from actual study of the item. If he say Dragon Man and Dombot from a distance he could get inspired. It looks like industrial espionage to me.