Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    he doesn't wear a power ring though or one that we can see...

He's wearing a ring. Just not on his finger.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    New thread: "Is Green Lantern (JL3000) into BD/SM?"

he doesn't wear a power ring though or one that we can see...
    Is he wearing underwear? I don't think he is because we can't see it.

We haven't seen a whole lot of pictures yet, so maybe he wears a ring. Or, maybe he uses some other device for power (like even a lantern). He's not called "Green Ringman", so why would he necessarily have to wear a ring?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is he wearing underwear? I don't think he is because we can't see it.

We haven't seen a whole lot of pictures yet, so maybe he wears a ring. Or, maybe he uses some other device for power (like even a lantern). He's not called "Green Ringman", so why would he necessarily have to wear a ring?
    until proven wrong I'll assume this green lantern is a wizard or a demon or some type of supernatural entity
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    best post of the thread

/thread

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

So if the title is $3.99 will you guys be dropping anything to make room for it?

Already planning on dropping ALL my Marvel books,I'm going all in with DC,well besides Invincible and Invincible Universe(drawn by YJs own Todd nauck).
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Introducing:

Four white people!

And one fully costumed person!

In the fictional year 3000 and real-world 2013 somehow!

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Twain View Post
    Introducing:

Four white people!

And one fully costumed person!

In the fictional year 3000 and real-world 2013 somehow!

Look the PC police have arrived
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I'm going to go waaaaaaaaaay out on a limb and assume you're both white and male and that issues of representation have never really touched you.

But let me be the first to tell you that, never mind the implausibility of such a white-washed cast one-thousand years in the future, it's simply astoundingly tone-deaf for DC to have green-lit that cast in the first place, from a media/publishing perspective. And yes, it is unfortunate that they threw away their one chance to cast some minority figures in their A-list mantles. Though the present-day League is tied to its conception more than sixty years ago, this one needn't have been.

I'm still marginally excited for the title, as it sounds like a fun book, but damn if that didn't put a damper on my enthusiasm.

EDIT -- Pulling form below rather than adding another post:

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13
    Lol I know, some of the posts in a different thread regarding this have been so blatantly anti-white that they are destroying their own point and their credibility in the process
    I ... "anti-white"?

Batman can be white. Superman can be white. Flash can be white. Wonder Woman can be white.

They shouldn't all be white, not only because it's unrealistic for the setting, but also because it's a continuation of some kind of sh*tty practices concerning representation for their non-white readers.
    Last edited by Bruce Twain; 07-06-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Lol I know, some of the posts in a different thread regarding this have been so blatantly anti-white that they are destroying their own point and their credibility in the process

I have no problem with diversity, I'm regularly reading earth 2 the liberal pandering book, but I saw one post that said 'a group of white people is boring, it needs diversity', which was so racist I had to laugh
    Pull list- Batman, Justice League, Justice League of America, Green Lantern New Guardians, Forever Evil (plus the various minis), Pandora, Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post

What happened to Superman's hair?!
    Why does Wonder Woman have Big Barda's facial expression?!
    What's with Batman looking like he got part of an Owl's uniform?!
    Why does Wally-Wannabe look so very, very worried about his future career in DCU?
    And for the love of heaven what is with the art deco TARDIS?!

(Also, why does Superman's insignia remind me more of an infant's carseat belt buckle than anything else?)
    Last edited by Kyer; 07-06-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

I ... "anti-white"?

Batman can be white. Superman can be white. Flash can be white. Wonder Woman can be white.

They shouldn't all be white, not only because it's unrealistic for the setting, but also because it's a continuation of some kind of sh*tty practices concerning representation for their non-white readers.
    So, it's unrealistic for there to be a group of super-powered friends and for them all to be racially similar? NO WAY! I thought every group of friends always had a token minority/gay character!

Quote Originally Posted by cdgodin View Post
    So, it's unrealistic for there to be a group of super-powered friends and for them all to be racially similar? NO WAY! I thought every group of friends always had a token minority/gay character!
    Year 3000. This also isn't a group of friends who grew up in the same neighborhood: it's superheroes. In the year 3000. Apparently all five people in the year 3000 who had super powers happened to be white.

Which, of course, is bullsh*t and borderline unjustifiable.

Also just unjustifiable that they didn't take the opportunity to put minority characters in these A-list roles, as I said above, since they so rarely get the opportunity (the identities of present-day Batman and Superman being set in stone, for example).

I'm going to go waaaaaaaaaay out on a limb and assume you're both white and male and that issues of representation have never really touched you.

But let me be the first to tell you that, never mind the implausibility of such a white-washed cast one-thousand years in the future, it's simply astoundingly tone-deaf for DC to have green-lit that cast in the first place, from a media/publishing perspective. And yes, it is unfortunate that they threw away their one chance to cast some minority figures in their A-list mantles. Though the present-day League is tied to its conception more than sixty years ago, this one needn't have been.

I'm still marginally excited for the title, as it sounds like a fun book, but damn if that didn't put a damper on my enthusiasm.

EDIT -- Pulling form below rather than adding another post:

I ... "anti-white"?

You;ve really never seen a group of 5 or 7 white people together in 2013? That doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

Btw this is probably an Earth 2 book. No Legion. Well Superman died in Earth 2, so the Legion couldn't be inspired by him. So..