Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Which Acclaimed Cable Series Would You Most Like to See Make the Jump to Comics

Which Acclaimed Cable Series Would You Most Like to See Make the Jump to Comics?

With Marvel's "Dexter" series finally in stores and "Sons of Anarchy" on its way, CBR wonders what other acclaimed cable series you would most like to see make the leap from television to comics.

Vote on the poll here.

Why is there two Homelands listed?

Wow, when I first read this I was thinking "were they ANY 'acclaimed CABLE series', meaning the comic book character, Cable! LOL!

Hm, none of these, how about Psych and Burn Notice?

My first answer is not a cable series, it is network, but am I alone in wanting a Community comic book?
    You want I should bop you with this lollipop?

I voted for Deadwood. Their curse of choice was very funny and I would find it hilarious to read that same word over and over and over again in comic form.

What about Carnivale? The series ended with a cliffhanger, hoping to go into a third season. That would be my vote.

Write-in: Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Emandkay View Post
    What about Carnivale? The series ended with a cliffhanger, hoping to go into a third season. That would be my vote.
    Same reason I voted for Deadwood. Carnivāle would be a great choice too. It would be very nice not necessarily to see ongoing books but at least a "final season" maxiseries for cancelled shows to bring things to a conclusion rather than leaving us hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricolo View Post
    My first answer is not a cable series, it is network, but am I alone in wanting a Community comic book?
    I would like to see a Community comic, I guess, but only if done right. These characters have such distinctive voices and I think it would be very easy for, not to name any names, but certain writers to not get it and leave us with a very bland, sad thing masquerading as a Community comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Emandkay View Post
    This!

10chars
    Be sure to check out my comics blog One Geek's Blog!

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Deadwood. Maybe David Milch can finally give us an ending.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

Deadwood, please make it happen.

I think The Shield did get a comic book series.

I personally think this shows the inherent insecurities of the comic industry. Why should we look or care about content from other media? Comics is more than capable and talented to make our own great content that people would clamor to adapt to other media.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by ex_mutants View Post
    I personally think this shows the inherent insecurities of the comic industry. Why should we look or care about content from other media? Comics is more than capable and talented to make our own great content that people would clamor to adapt to other media.
    It has nothing to do with "insecurities." Adapting stories from other sources is simply a standard, inherent part of every sector of the entertainment industry and always has been. There's certainly no justifiable reason why the comic industry should act like they're too good to do it (esp. since they've been doing it for decades and produced plenty of good comics in the process).