Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Secret Avengers, #6

"Iliad" Part ONE
    • S.H.I.E.L.D. take the fight to AIM's door, with deadly repercussions.
    • The Secret Avengers are outgunned and trapped in enemy territory!
    Issue #7 -"Iliad" Part Two
    • The truth about the events on AIM Island come to light...!

Full article here.

It totally has me intrigued to see how this connects with the aim island events

BANNED

YES!
    Guice's Art has returned to its proper form and quality, the work he put in on the thor issue with gorr's origin was sad

I swear, every issue I think I can't be more excited for the next one, but somehow I am.

Guice's art looks like it suits Secret Avengers very well, and I can't wait for this issue.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

I think Nick Spencer's been doing a pretty great job on this series so far, I really do like what he's set up. Especially using the characters from Secret Warriors and Phil Coulson. Though I still have problems with Nick Fury Jr, I still don't like how he was introduced. He was such an interesting and original character when he debuted but then they just went and turned him into Samuel Jackson Nick Fury. Not a huge problem mind you but I still don't like it.

It's amazing. I bought the first issue with reservations about it. It's quickly become one of my favorite books every month. I almost always pull this straight out of my new books and read it first.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Love it. Guice is fitting right in.

Rhhhoooddddddeeeeyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeeaaaaaahhh!

Here comes d WAAAARRRRRR MACHINE...or is it Ironman 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    I swear, every issue I think I can't be more excited for the next one, but somehow I am.

Guice's art looks like it suits Secret Avengers very well, and I can't wait for this issue.
    Its style looks like "Winter Soldier", and feels like its just waiting for James Barnes to show up. All the characters are in Bucky's book, but he is waiting in the wings somewhere. To me, these guys (Hawkeye, BW, Mock, Rhody, Fury, Coulson, Hill) aren't doing it right, and it's not till Bucky shows up, do things fall into place. They seem like amateurs compared to Bucky, because this is Bucky's wheelhouse. They should have got James from the start. The way these guys are tripping over each other, James could have done it and got out of there before AIM knew what hit them. And nobody had to get mind wiped either.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-11-2013 at 03:10 AM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    I think Nick Spencer's been doing a pretty great job on this series so far, I really do like what he's set up. Especially using the characters from Secret Warriors and Phil Coulson. Though I still have problems with Nick Fury Jr, I still don't like how he was introduced. He was such an interesting and original character when he debuted but then they just went and turned him into Samuel Jackson Nick Fury. Not a huge problem mind you but I still don't like it.
    I saw Coulson with who looked like Marcus and I thought, "where is his eye patch? This is Fury Jnr isn't it"? But then Phil said his name, Rhody, and I realized, maybe Marcus wasn't just tricking us that he needed an eye patch.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-11-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.