Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She should help herself.
    Seriously. She ruled Limbo for years. She needs that fucker's help? On how to glide thru academia via tenure and a trail of greased-up, nubile TA's?

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Anyone else getting tired of covers that do not match the story. First we get the cover where Havok and Teen Cyclops are fighting yet inside they have a brother to brother discussion. The same thing with this issue as well. Not a complaint about Cyclops and Mags doing the same. Since I for one was glad that Marvel does not have characters always resort to violence to get a point across to each other. Enough with the covers that don't match the story. It' a cheap marketing ploy imo.
    You know what I really miss in covers? word balloons... I kid you not

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    Magneto is Merlin to cyclops king arthur
    I would love this to happen since I've always liked more an antihero Magneto than Whackneto and his full on mad rage against mankind.

That's exactly the scene i meant yea.
    Magneto knows exactly what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    Gosh golly what a reveal. If only I hadn't already said that was going to happen the second he bent his knee for Cyclops ...

I'll just repeat it again: Magneto knew all along mutantkind was going to return on account of reading the prophetic diary Skids handed him way back.
    t's the only reason he pretended to bow to Slim Summers.
    He couldn't have gotten a better deal. Cyclops did the work for him, Cyclops got the blame for it, it split up the x-men, it got x-men on the government side so Mags can now vilify them in the eyes of the mutant race as traitors to the mutant cause when the Uncanny Avengers try to stop the mutant revolution. He's got Cyclops taking the mantle of revolutionary leader until he has no need for Slim anymore. If he had planned this all himself he couldn't have done a better deal than what fate handed him on a platter.
    He's going to take the mutant race under his wing, start a war and pitch the mutant race against the Uncanny Avengers.
    It's what Marvel needs to radically reduce the mutant race once and for all, to co-opt the mutant cashcows under the Avengers flag when they stand against the mutant revolution and to put the final nail in the coffin of the x-franchise. Anyone who thinks the Quesada/Alonso tagteam has given up on their dislike of the x-franchise is an idiot. They've literally disliked the x-men since they were kids. The only reason the mutant race is back temporarily is because the Hope storyline was always a carrot dangling in front of the x-fans in order to get them to buy the books while Marvel focused their attention on building up the avengers franchise.

Alex and wanda on one side, Cyclops and Magneto on the other, instant family drama once the shit hits the fan.
    Uncanny Avengers versus mutant revolution.
    Magneto pretending to be a "good guy" only to stab Cyclops in the back at an opportune time.
    These plotlines are so paperthin you can see them coming half a decade before they actually happen.
    The only possible thing that might prevent this line of events from happening is if Marvel pulls a huge swerve and resets the marvel universe using this broken time crap.
    Yeah I think youre giving Marvel waaaaaaaaay more credit than they actually deserve
    Last edited by Noronha; 07-05-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    Reading List
    All New X-Factor/X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Donuts r gross just like MsMarvel
    What are you, un American? :America Frack Yeah plays in the background:

That's exactly the scene i meant yea.
    Magneto knows exactly what he's doing.
    dude your so right.. im glad you caught that...... magneto know that he needs scott to take his place

Yeah I think youre giving Marvel waaaaaaaaay more credit than they actually deserve
    You'll see. You'll aaaaaaall see!!

LOL,why is some people is so dead set that the leader have to be the strong/powerful one?
    that's conquering not revolution...i like how marvel set the leader on both camp (X and A) is not their powerhouse character,that means something.

Now i remember why some of the people including few of my friends never got the good ending on those tactics ogre game...ROFL.

Anyway,great cover! but already learn that covers is a misleading trait on the story for a long time,lol.
    "You musk speak straight so that your words may go as sunlight into our hearts." - Cochise, Chief of the Chiricahua

"He's got a little angel and a little devil expressing ideas," Bendis says, "but at the end of the day it's going to be up to him to decide how he goes about it."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/1912997/
    It seems to make sense now.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Humans, after all. People Of The Earth's Avatar

And yet so far my predictions the past 8 years have panned out. And they've been based on that theory.

Decimation wasn't done to make money though nor for that matter because it made an awesome plot. It was very obviously Quesada's personal prefrences being inflicted on the franchise in an effort to prop up his own favorite series the Avengers. I'm not sure if you read interviews with Joe around that time. He said he didn't like the mutant franchise because there were too many of them and because he considered their origins lazy. He specifically said he liked the Avengers because he read them as a kid and that he didn't like the x-books much. Alonso likewise never really read the x-books until he was made editor of them. And then Quesada handed him the reigns when Joe became CCO. I don't really see a reason to assume their attitude changes. Because right now mutants are placed on Avenger teams but vice versa not so much or at all as far as I know. My plotpoints are based on the assumption that the plan is to undermine one franchise so it can be co-opted by another and ever since decimation i haven't been surprised by a single plot because they fit the pattern perfectly.
    I'm well aware Marvel isn't going to toss out cashcow characters that are making them money. But co-opting them under the Avengers flag? I can totally see that happen. Making the X-men more like an Avengers team by wiping out the mutant race or turning them into a villainous group that opposes the X-Avengers so that the very foundation of the x-books is destroyed? I can see that happening. Maybe not all the x-books will disappear, maybe not all at once. But I wouldn't be too surprised if it happens.
    OK, so just so you know, there's no reason to bring up pitchforks and torches because they both aren't hardcore X-fans from childhood - that's irrelevant on how to do their jobs.
    All they need to do is to be respectful of the X-franchise, its history and give it a meaningful direction...
    Yeah, we can argue about them actually achieving all of the above, that's true - but they're both professionnals and they have no interest in hindering the X-franchise if they want their company to be successful.

I can see where you're coming from though, that's not this unrealistic when you put it like you did - but it still doesn't fly.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 07-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    It seems to make sense now.
    So what? Magneto the Angel and Emma the Devil... cool I could live with it.

i like how bendis says cyclops is still leader of the mutant race

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and dog gone it, people like me...
    Thank you! I was trying to remember that! It's just the mantra that Scott needs.
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

i like how bendis says cyclops is still leader of the mutant race
    Bendis knows what's up.