Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 88 of 88
  1. #76
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,972

    Default







  2. #77
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,972

    Default



  3. #78
    Nyah! Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoo MI/Millennium City MI
    Posts
    33,366

    Default

    "He coulda won a Grammy,
    Buried in his jammies!"
    'Dox out.

    "But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

    "Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

    "And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega


    Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

  4. #79
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,972

    Default

    Ok how about this.

    Mummies are like a subsett of zombies.

    There are some intricate differences but by and large they are the same.

    A small difference would be the brain issue. As for zombie bites, I bet if a mummy bite you that bite would get a nasty infection as well


  5. #80
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Ok how about this.

    Mummies are like a subsett of zombies.

    There are some intricate differences but by and large they are the same.

    A small difference would be the brain issue. As for zombie bites, I bet if a mummy bite you that bite would get a nasty infection as well
    Still utter bullshit.

    Some of the more significant mummies in literature (Queen Tara from Stoker's Jewel of the Seven Stars and Marvel's N'Kantu come to mind) weren't even really dead but put into suspended animation for thousands of years.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  6. #81
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Still utter bullshit.

    Some of the more significant mummies in literature (Queen Tara from Stoker's Jewel of the Seven Stars and Marvel's N'Kantu come to mind) weren't even really dead but put into suspended animation for thousands of years.
    I'm not familiar with those particular mummies, but isn't being dead and than reanimated an essential requirement? I'd argue they weren't actually mummies than.


  7. #82
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm not familiar with those particular mummies, but isn't being dead and than reanimated an essential requirement? I'd argue they weren't actually mummies than.
    So these weren't mummies:





    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LegendOfTheMummy(BramStokersLegendOfTheMummy).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	117653
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  8. #83
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,972

    Default

    They certainly look like mummies at least going by the images. I was just responding to the limited context you gave me. Again I haven't actually read these works.

    Also the title of the first image appears to be an intentional oxymoron.


  9. #84
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    They certainly look like mummies at least going by the images. I was just responding to the limited context you gave me. Again I haven't actually read these works.

    Also the title of the first image appears to be an intentional oxymoron.
    Unlike calling Zombies "the living dead"?
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  10. #85
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Unlike calling Zombies "the living dead"?
    no its about the same, but zombies and vampires have also been referred to as the living dead


  11. #86

  12. #87
    Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Whiterun Hold
    Posts
    14,264

    Default

    that's why they have different names.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

  13. #88

    Default

    They're both the exact same thing as Unicorns. Also Possums and Opossums are pretty much the same thing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •