Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Fourth Dimensional Beings?

    We've seen fifth dimensional beings like Mxy and the Little Man, but what about fourth dimensional beings? Has this ever been explored in the Superman comics or in any other DC comic? I suppose DC could always place the New Gods in the fourth dimension to play off the Fourth World title, but it might be more interesting to create some new beings, something different than both the third and fifth dimensions. Maybe some Lovecraftian style alien gods would be cool.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

  2. #2
    Star Saphire Cowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    188

    Default

    DCnU is in a 4D, doent it?

    4D= space-time dimension

  3. #3

    Default

    Yes, humans and most anthropic life in the DCU would be 4th dimensional: we move through the 3 spatial and also the time dimension. A 5D being is so special, for one reason, because it can move freely through time and be at multiple points in time simultaneously. Thus the 'Angels' in Action Comics.

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't mean the interpretation of the fourth dimension of time, I'm thinking more of a spatial fourth dimension. Think Spaceland.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

  5. #5
    Junior Member Ultraboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I like the idea of the New Gods being 4th Dimensional beings a whole lot.

  6. #6
    Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    I'll give you one better: Waid and Kitson's JLA went up against the Cathexis, a race of sixth-dimensional beings.

    And cool idea, that of the New Gods being fourth-dimensional beings, even though it seems unlikely.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
    I like the idea of the New Gods being 4th Dimensional beings a whole lot.
    Same here. I'm surprised DC has never used this.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

  8. #8
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    I'll give you one better: Waid and Kitson's JLA went up against the Cathexis, a race of sixth-dimensional beings.
    Correct, though Kitson was the artist on Waids JL Year 1, not his run on the series.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  9. #9
    Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    My bad. Somehow confused Kitson with Hitch. I have no idea why.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lake county, Indiana
    Posts
    228

    Default

    It would be interesting, if done right. Btw there is a difference between referring to a fourth special dimension, and saying that someone is from the fourth dimension. the first example is talking about an aspect of special geometry. The second refers to a visitor from a universe that has four special dimensions, along with one time dimension.
    John Martin, citizen of the Omniverse. :D :evilsmile ;)

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    It would be interesting, if done right. Btw there is a difference between referring to a fourth special dimension, and saying that someone is from the fourth dimension. the first example is talking about an aspect of special geometry. The second refers to a visitor from a universe that has four special dimensions, along with one time dimension.
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. I suppose I should have been clearer. But yeah, basically, I'm interested in beings that live between our dimension and the dimension of Mxy, ect al.

    Also, if one considers Bat-Mite to be accurate (and not a drug-induced hallucination), the Fifth Dimension is literally imagination. If so, what would that make the Fourth Dimension?
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

  12. #12
    Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSuper View Post
    Also, if one considers Bat-Mite to be accurate (and not a drug-induced hallucination), the Fifth Dimension is literally imagination. If so, what would that make the Fourth Dimension?
    Some hyper-reality or psychic plane of sorts, like the Trans the Justice League went up against with the Spectre in Soul War? Or anything that goes beyond the realm of the merely physical, really.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    Some hyper-reality or psychic plane of sorts, like the Trans the Justice League went up against with the Spectre in Soul War? Or anything that goes beyond the realm of the merely physical, really.
    That would fit in well with the New Gods, I think, since they're almost Platonic ideals.

    Also, on the topic of dimensions, has it ever been established if Mxy, the Thunderbolt, Qwsp, and so on are the only types of beings in the Fifth Dimension? For all we know, imps are just one of the many types of beings located there. There could be more deadly beings like the Chronovore from All-Star or sentient mathematical equations.
    Who knows? Not me. We never lost control. You're face to face. With the Man who Sold the World

  14. #14
    Junior Member wvchemteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213

    Default

    The real universe is a four dimensional universe: the three dimensions of space and time as the fourth dimension so you've seen four dimensional beings ever since you've read comic books.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •