Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Gone

Default My Wonder Woman movie treatment

Hey, guys,

There's been a lot of talk about a Wonder Woman movie lately, so I thought I'd take a bite at it.
    Here's page #1 of 10, hopefully it'll be streamlined enough to be more "palatable" for Joe Public (and studios suits).
    For the narration, for some reason I keep hearing in my head Galadriel's voice at the beginning of Lord of the Rings, but please feel free to pick another actress to your liking. :D

Some ideas here presented may be familiar to you if you've followed my WW-related art, namely giving the amazons the spotlight instead of the ancient greek gods.
    I've always defended that the amazons are the true protagonists of this book and the greek gods just steal their thunder and their agency.
    If you don't like amazons and would rather see more greek gods and goddesses, well, you're in luck, just pick WW's book. ^_^

I hope to upload the rest of the 9 pages throughout the next couple weeks, time permitting, and I would love to hear your thoughts on this puppy.
    Okay, enough yapping, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I give you...

Wonder Woman - In The Name Of The Mother

Last edited by Eliseu Gouveia; 07-05-2013 at 01:02 PM.

I love it, Zeu. Bold and beautiful. Like the title, too. Off to a wonderful start. Well done, sir.

But, it feels kind of mean to get me excited like this - I want more; more, I say. Guess I'll have to find some patience while I look forward to more.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

So far, so great! This is actually a brilliant opening for a WW solo movie. Love the art too. Did you do it all???

And if Diana makes her screen debut in JL film first. I see her already in man's world, appearing at some star-studded gala in her Themysciran ambassador capacity, wearing a white gown and tiara while rubbing shoulders with heads of state in a gorgeous landscaped garden. Skyscrapers surround her. Diana keeps getting distracted, someone is watching her, stalking her. She can stand it no longer, sprints away and leaps up to a near skyscraper, her gown falling away in midair to reveal a Greek battle-skirt version of the iconic WW costume. A dark figure in the rooftop shadows evades her. She whips out her lasso and binds her stalker, who turns out to be...Batman. He'd been surveilling her for a possible invitation to join he and Superman to fight against a deadly all-powerful threat.

Gone

Thanks, AW, I hope you enjoy these pages.

Thank you as well, Lafanboy, I think I like the themysciran embassy stuff and I could definitely see it working in the movie, as long as it doesn't lead to long preachy speeches and people hanging around in togas phisolophizing about the nature of sliced bread. ^_^

As you can tell, I like my amazons fierce and sounding their barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

Any similarity with the cover of Wonder Woman#1 is not a coinquidink.
    Last edited by Eliseu Gouveia; 07-05-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Looking and sounding great so far. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    I enjoy. But, admittedly, I'm a tad bit anxious as I don't think we see eye-to-eye on WW's Amazons, so I may just have to create a "Not a Fan of Zeu's Amazons" thread. ;)

... I think I like the themysciran embassy stuff and I could definitely see it working in the movie, as long as it doesn't lead to long preachy speeches ...
    You like the embassy stuff? I'm surprised, as I always thought you hated it? Or is it jut the "long preachy speaches" you don't care for?

As you can tell, I like my amazons fierce and sounding their barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.
    I'm not surprised that you like fierce "YAWP"ing Amazons. Love the art; you are very skilled.

I notice only one horse has the eagle-emblem - is that the Queen? Did you shave Hippolyta's head?

Scythian? Don't want your Amazons to be Greek-themed?

Looking good. Anxious and nervous for more. Thanks for sharing. :)
    - Longfellow

Wow, that is some seriously impressive stuff. Those Amazons look fierce! I love it.

I am Eagerly awaiting more now.

Gone

Thank, theOVOXO. :)

Thank you as well, AmericanWonder.

You like the embassy stuff? I'm surprised, as I always thought you hated it? Or is it jut the "long preachy speaches" you don't care for?
    Yup.
    I'm a BIG fan of "Show, don't tell".

Ooops!
    No, that's not their queen.
    I made the eagle (in this case a horse-headed eagle, because I thought I'd give it a try at being cute) these amazons' symbol/flag, so all of them wear some sort of eagle-related motif.
    So, never fear, bald amazon is not Hippolyta. Heck, I don't even know if I'm gonna put a Hippolyta in here, name sounds so awfully greek... which brings us to...

Scythian? Don't want your Amazons to be Greek-themed?
    The ancient amazons were not greek, they were a steppe tribe the greeks looked at with suspicion.
    Making the amazons greek always irked me the wrong way, it'd be like if 3,000 years from now someone decided to write a story starring pre-colombian native americans ... by making them english christians.

Hey, RandomFalls, thanks and welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the ride. :)

Yup.
    I respect that, especially in terms of story-telling. Though, I do think there is room for some "tell" now and then.

Ooops!
    I made the eagle (in this case a horse-headed eagle, because I thought I'd give it a try at being cute) these amazons' symbol/flag, so all of them wear some sort of eagle-related motif.
    So, never fear, bald amazon is not Hippolyta. Heck, I don't even know if I'm gonna put a Hippolyta in here, name sounds so awfully greek... which brings us to...
    Horse-headed eagle? Interesting. No Hippolyta? For shame. :(

The ancient amazons were not greek, they were a steppe tribe the greeks looked at with suspicion.
    Making the amazons greek always irked me the wrong way, it'd be like if 3,000 years from now someone decided to write a story starring pre-colombian native americans ... by making them english christians.
    I understand. I'm ok with having them be Greek-ish, sharing some ideas and customs - even Greeks and Trojans had some things in common, right? But I also like seeing the areas where they are very different from the Greeks and not just as an all female-version. I'm liking your steppe tribe that's looked at with suspicion. Bold and beautiful.
    - Longfellow

Thank you as well, Lafanboy, I think I like the themysciran embassy stuff and I could definitely see it working in the movie, as long as it doesn't lead to long preachy speeches and people hanging around in togas phisolophizing about the nature of sliced bread. ^_^

Any similarity with the cover of Wonder Woman#1 is not a coinquidink.
    Your work is incredible. love. Love. LOVE. And again, what you're doing is introducing the Amazons and their lore quickly so the moviegoer understands Diana's culture before they are thrust into her origin story.

As far as my embassy idea goes...I wouldn't necessarily have any more embassy scenes in the JL film. Just thought it'd be a good way for Diana to debut on the big screen (if she first appears in the teamup project). No philosophizing, just get her on the team and start kicking the crap out of the villain.

Thank, theOVOXO. :)

Thank you as well, AmericanWonder.

Yup.

Ooops!

Making the amazons greek always irked me the wrong way,
    it'd be like if 3,000 years from now someone decided to write a story starring pre-colombian native americans ... by making them english christians.

Hey, RandomFalls, thanks and welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the ride. :)
    The ancient Amazons might not have been Greek but they also didn't get whisked away to an island paradise by Greek/Roman goddesses, where they lived for thousands of years as immortals before a superhero with incredible powers named Diana/WW was born to the queen. I mean, c'mon, it's a story. Fiction. I love the Amazons in Greek-style battle skirts and ancient-looking wardrobes, especially when mixed with future technologies. Love the juxtaposition.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

All right, first off, this looks more like the start of a comic than a movie treatement. A movie treatement would be more like, text based, or something, with a pitch, some description of the angle the movie's going for and of the main characters and villains (of course, a real movie treatement would involve a script, but let's not ask you unreasonnable things.)
    With that out of the way......I think this looks completely awesome. I like the idea of focussing the movie on the "Amazon/being one" thing, and they're steppian barbarian look is completely awesome. I wonder how you are going to work out the gods in there (since it will need to have a least a little of them), but so far, so good.
    Who is the future bad guy on your incomming script? I must admit I never managed to picture the origin story without Ares as the bad guy.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    All right, first off, this looks more like the start of a comic than a movie treatement. A movie treatement would be more like, text based, or something, with a pitch, some description of the angle the movie's going for and of the main characters and villains (of course, a real movie treatement would involve a script, but let's not ask you unreasonnable things.)
    With that out of the way......I think this looks completely awesome. I like the idea of focussing the movie on the "Amazon/being one" thing, and they're steppian barbarian look is completely awesome. I wonder how you are going to work out the gods in there (since it will need to have a least a little of them), but so far, so good.
    Who is the future bad guy on your incomming script? I must admit I never managed to picture the origin story without Ares as the bad guy.
    I thought of it as really well done and colorful storyboards.

Gone

Hey, Lafanboy, thanks, man!

Thanks you as well, Auguste, I really appreciate it.
    Actually, the original plan WAS to deploy these in storyboard format, but my Muse would have none of that (something about her contract boundaries, you know how those ethereal types are).
    But, just for you, here, have some . ^_^

Regarding the bad guy, I was going for Hades instead of Ares, with an amazon warrior named Tanith (actually her body since she died in battle) as his avatar/right hand woman, but I can still change my mind, nothing is written in stone. ^_^

Wonder Woman - In The Name Of The Mother 3/10

There may be one, maybe even two of you guys who may recognise that amazon flag from somewhere. ^_^
    Last edited by Eliseu Gouveia; 07-06-2013 at 12:42 PM.

As someone who is writing a WW movie script myself, I can't help but marvel at the scope of the project you are embarking on as well. The art is gorgeous, the ideas are fresh, and your ideas are magnificent. Everything about it looks great, from the title to the designs of the Amazons. I can't wait to see more of this project Eli.