Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default IMAGE EXPO: Remender, Fraction, Aaron & Latour Return to Creator-Owned Comics

Rick Remender, Matt Fraction and the "Southern Bastards" team of Jason Aaron and Jason Latour discuss their new Image titles, how they got into comics, the value of genre variety in comics and more.

Full article here.

No comments yet :S Weird considering all the same old arguments I see on this site that suggest that people don't even like the regular marvel/dc stuff they pick up, honestly wish more people would get creator owned stuff.

Negativity over some of these look great, personally I'm excited for deadly class, black science and Southern Bastards.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

These projects sound quite uninspired, but I'm glad Latour has more work lined up.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

all the new books coming from Image and Vertigo look great

What I find almost as interesting as these gentleman going to Image are the artists that are going with them. Unlike writers, who can handle multiple books, artists can really only handle one ongoing, so going to Image is a big commitment. So it sure is interesting to see Marvel mainstays Steve Epting and Matteo Scalera making the jump after working at Marvel with Bru and Remender respectively. Certainly says a lot about the chemistry they share that they could be pulled over like that.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW